YSB

Xplorer4x4 mod with YSB changes (Available)

I've made a bunch of fixes and changes to the Xplorer4x4 mod for my private use. Since these changes also fix a few bugs and change a few things that some other people might appreciate I'm posting my modified files here in case anyone is interested. This was made based on version 2.0.8 of the Xplorer4x4 submod. I have no idea what other mods it will or won't work with.

A special thank you to Xplorer4x4 for creating this submod and allowing me to post my customized version.

To install this mod you need to first install the Xplorer4x4 mod. Then you take the files from this version and paste them over the Xplorer files. This package only contains the changed files, not the whole mod, so it will not work unless you have the rest of the files from Xplorer.

Disclaimer: This mod was done for my own personal use. It was not originally intended to be posted. As such it was not thoroughly tested and comes with no warranty. Use at your own risk. The changes made were done to suite my own personal playing style. If you don't like them you are free to change them yourself but I probably won't be able to help you with it. I'm also not including detailed instructions on how to install these files. If you don't know how to copy/paste, how to back up the original files or how to figure out where to put these then this mod probably isn't for you. MAKE SURE YOU BACK UP YOUR FILES BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES! I'm not responsible if your game stops working because you pasted the files into the wrong place and didn't make a backup.

Since this mod was made for my own personal use, future changes and fixes will be made based on how much they improve my playing experience. If you notice a bug or think there is something else here I can improve you may post your suggestion and I may or may not take it.

This mod is based on the work of Hoppah and Xplorer4x4 so any official mod based on my code will need permission from those two. My changes can be used freely as long as I'm credited somewhere. If Hoppah or Xplorer4x4 wish to correct/change their mods based on my work they are exempt from the credit requirement (although I'd appreciate a PM to let me know so I can pat myself on the back :sleep:).

A few more fixes have been done since the original posting of this mod so I'm calling this version 1.2. (I'm eliminating the middle number in the version.)

Edit: Version 1.2 is history. More changes and fixes have been done and we're now on version 1.3.

With that out of the way here is a list of changes in these files from the original Xplorer4x4 submod. Please note that I don't remember everything I did so this list may not be complete.

Version 1.3

1. Fixed siren on Foam Tender.
  2. Added Foam Tender and HES to FS2.
  3. Added jump pad to the HES.
  4. Changed staffing on the HES and USAR so they should have more distinct functions. The USAR is a 'big incident' truck. It is not an offroad vehicle and is a bit slower. It now has 6 seats and is staffed by 3 USAR FFs and 3 FF PMs. The HES has the same equipment but it is a 'small incident' vehicle. It can go offroad and is faster. It now only has 2 seats and is staffed by 1 USAR FF and 1 FF PM.
  5. Fixed issue with a policeman sometimes not putting his gun away when making an arrest, leaving him with the gun 'stuck' out. (See post below for more on this.)
  6. (Attempted but did not fully succeed) Fixed some gas explosion and car accident missions (again, see post below for more on this).
  7. Edited the script that returns police cars to the station. Now if a car is set to normally go to the main police station (not including SWAT or bomb squad) and the person in the first seat is a sheriff's deputy the car will go to the LASD station instead.

Version 1.2

1. Fixed the pathing around FS1 to prevent the little detours that some vehicles took before parking or leaving. (See post below.)
  2. Modified the pathing around the intersection by the hotel to (hopefully) prevent the problem some people had where emergency vehicles would go back and forth at that intersection instead of going through.
  3. Fixed the PM SCBA units so they can heal with the bag that they spawn with.
  4. Added the Follow command to the Police Hummer.

Version 1.0.1

1. Fixed parking issue with Rescue 7 and the Swift Water Rescue truck.
  2. Fixed some issues with some vehicles not having the right number of seats.
  3. Restored ability to call a fire engine from standby. (Does not work with Engine 17 at the moment.)
  4. Fixed issue with front garage doors not opening when calling a tower light force (if you closed the doors at FS2).
  5. Fixed issue with front garage doors not opening the first time you call an ALS ambulance or a USAR truck (if you closed the doors at FS1).
  6. Fixed issue with not all units leaving an engine when it returns to the station if there are more than 4 units inside.
  7. Fixed error that sometimes came up if you call a tower light force and there is no engine in FS2.
  8. Fixed the name tags for the Bomb Squad Truck and Engine 17.
  9. Fixed problem where a firefighter sometimes doesn't connect to the engine when using rapid deploy. Deployment is also faster now.
  10. Fixed issue where the rear door for the ambulances at FS1 opened and closed when the LRA parked (only discovered once the parking issue was fixed).
  11. Switched around the parking spot for the LRA and the Rescue Crane. This was because in the original spot some units would leave the LRA on the wrong side of the wall.
  12. Changed the tool-tip names of the LED engines to say LED so you can tell which is which.
  13. Changed a lot of staffing to my personal liking.
  14. Put a FF PM in the BLS Ambulance with an EMT Stretcher to make it a BLS/ALS Ambulance.
  15. Changed all engines in FS1 to the LED versions.
  16. Changed engine in FS2 to an Engine1 LED.
  17. Restored ability of Engines 1 and 1 LED to find the closest empty station.
  18. Re-enabled the LRA (Rescue 7) to transport two patients. (Otherwise it really doesn't serve a purpose.)
  19. Set dispatch to NOT call Rescue 7 when a regular ambulance is requested.
  20. Replaced command to call a BLS ambulance for the Battalion Chief and EMS Commander with the generic call ambulance command that the police officer has so it calls the closest ambulance regardless of type.
  21. Fixed several vehicles that were incorrectly set to stand-by mode when dispatched from HQ.
  22. Added the Follow command to the LASD Van and the LAPD SUV.
  23. I may have done a few other small fixes and changes that I don't remember.

Right now the light forces will still only dispatch an engine from their station. I hope to change that too soon so the tower light force will go with the closest available engine 1 even if it isn't in FS2 and the tiller will go with the closest engine2.

There are issues at FS1 if too many ambulances arrive at once. I'm thinking about how to fix that.

That's it for now. Enjoy!

Los Angeles Mod v2.0 4x4 - YSB Version.zip

Edited by YSB

Francis, I've been waiting for a response from Xplorer for over 10 days with no luck. On 10/18 I requested permission. On 10/24 I posted that I would put up these files if I didn't hear back and remove them immediately if there was any objection. I finally posted the files on 10/28. I tried my best.

If you still want me to keep waiting I'll take the files down until I hear from him. Just let me know.

Thanks!

I believe and I hope site Admin doesn't beat me up over this, if a person does not respond to a request made about a mod they made for at lease 30 days, site Admin could reassign and or grant other users permission to use their mod to anyone who is willing to take it over/improve. I've noticed that a lot of people start mods and never finish them, this will also be a way sit Admin could free up the clutter that is on this site. Site Admin could name it the Mod Abandonment clause or something to that effect. Just my two cents.

I believe and I hope site Admin doesn't beat me up over this, if a person does not respond to a request made about a mod they made for at lease 30 days, site Admin could reassign and or grant other users permission to use their mod to anyone who is willing to take it over/improve. I've noticed that a lot of people start mods and never finish them, this will also be a way sit Admin could free up the clutter that is on this site. Site Admin could name it the Mod Abandonment clause or something to that effect. Just my two cents.

I am with you a 10000000% percent...

Suggestions: Replace the USAR truck with the LRA, since they're kind of the same. Removing the swift water unit from FS1, since there's no calls that involve a boat. Adding more parking spaces for more patrol units at the police station. And let the unmarked cars park at the sheriffs office when they have a deputy inside it, if that's possible.

So if a singer stops singing their song for 30 days you can start a concert with it and make money?

Though no money is being made, Emergency-Planet.com does not legally own any of the scripts. Hoppahs scripts were released into the public domain under a limited licenses. However such codes done by 4x4 and others have not been. From a legal standpoint, Emergency-Planet.com can't let you use others code unless that person specifically states their code can be used by anyone. :) Code is poetry... And poetry is protected in Rights of Author copyright law in most nations. ;)

And let the unmarked cars park at the sheriffs office when they have a deputy inside it, if that's possible.

We're going to be getting a little off topic here... However I've wondered if this was possible. If it has a LAPD unit, park at the LAPD station, if it has a LASD unit... park at the LASD station... I truly doubt this is possible... but maybe... just maybe...

It hasnt been 30 days yet in this case.

As for the submod, PM me the files using a host like rapidshare, or if needed something like filedropper.com and I will take a look at it.

Guest Francis

no need. someone has downloaded this, like me:))

Good for you. Don't brag and don't distribute it because now I know you have downloaded it.

Until then, locked. PM me for unlock, Xplorer, not YSB because I'm waiting for Xplorer's approval. And there will be no such thing as mod abandonment.

Were a lot of these actual script changes or just VO placements like for 1, 11 and such.

Most were script issues, including 1. 11 was a VO placement issue that had to be done due to a fluke in the game.

Suggestions: Replace the USAR truck with the LRA, since they're kind of the same. Removing the swift water unit from FS1, since there's no calls that involve a boat. Adding more parking spaces for more patrol units at the police station. And let the unmarked cars park at the sheriffs office when they have a deputy inside it, if that's possible.

With the LRA turned back into an ambulance they are not quite the same so I'm keeping the USAR where it is. I might put some form of rescue truck on the southern part of the map though if I have the time.

There are two calls where the boat is useful. The suicide by drowning and one of the gas explosions that sometimes blows a few people into the water so the SWR stays. The diver doesn't really get much use though. I haven't figured out yet how to add missions but I'd like to add a water mission or two.

Instead of parking so many police cars at the station, put them on patrol. I don't really think I'm going to add more spaces there but thanks for the suggestion anyway.

It should be possible to park the unmarked car based on who is inside but it is a significant amount of work. I'll keep the idea in mind but no promises.

Enjoy!

Again downloaded the mod, but after loading can not play. The game does not start going back to windows.

YSB any solution for that.

Thanks.

Did you first install the Xplorer4x4 mod and then apply the patched files to the mod or did you apply the patched files to the original un-moded folders? If the game is going back to Windows then you probably replaced the wrong files.

To install my mod, your download the zip, extract it, and run the EXE file. I'll leave it to YSB to explain instillation on his submod.

YSB, IMO a name like LA Mod 2.0 4x4 with YSB Changes or LA Mod 2.0 4x4 YSB Edition would be a better name, but its your project, and your decision. I have also linked to your submod in my thread.

Thanks for the link! :)

YSB, IMO a name like LA Mod 2.0 4x4 with YSB Changes or LA Mod 2.0 4x4 YSB Edition would be a better name, but its your project, and your decision. I have also linked to your submod in my thread.

Fair enough. I did some more work tonight and I'm in the process of testing. If everything works the way I want version 1.3 will be out soon so I guess I'll change the name when the new version comes out. I think I'll have a fix-only update for you as well soon.

I also think I'm going to edit the instructions for this mod since I think some people are missing the fact that you you need to install the Xplorer mod and apply these files to the mod.

Hex, I'm glad you got it to work.

Enjoy!