Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Also in response to hoppahs suggestion please do convert to .png as may allow those of us unable to enjoy v3 to actually then be able to enjoy it as even the intel cards stand an ok chance at support the .png format!!!!!!

Also in response to hoppahs suggestion please do convert to .png as may allow those of us unable to enjoy v3 to actually then be able to enjoy it as even the intel cards stand an ok chance at support the .png format!!!!!!

.png, .tga .jpg/jpeg and .dds are all fine and common file formats. Just be careful with textures that contain alpha layers as not every format supports them. Also, if you convert the texture to .jpg make sure to check the image quality afterwards. I personally prefer .png. I wouldn't use dds at anytime anymore, because it contains way too much compression artifacts (or whatever that distortion is called).

Most photo editing software have tools to convert a batch of files to a different format at once, so thats fairly easy.

Then you need to edit the .v3o manually to change the file extension. You might be able to use NotePad++ which can open files simultaneously. Then use the 'Find & Replace in All Files' function to replace ".bmp" to the new file extension. Don't forget to make a backup first and do a quick test in the editor to make sure you didn't miss anything.

Done :)

I have a question. In the video the unit said that they came across the accident. Is it a new feature where accidents aren't dispatched right away or was it just set up like that for the video?

I have a question. In the video the unit said that they came across the accident. Is it a new feature where accidents aren't dispatched right away or was it just set up like that for the video?

We got the report of it then I started the video, and as Sq18 was going to quarters they transmitted the verbal for the MVA

*Quick update*

We've now downgraded and converted 90% of the textures as of today. We will do some testing if this reduces lags, crashing, and loading time. It is up to 25% smaller in file size however.

Thanks to Hoppah for pointing out the quick technique! Worked like a charm!

You're welcome man. :12:

What would we do without hoppah?

Get a job, get kids, and enjoy life. Basically. :xmas:

When I see that banner all I can think of is "Mernhertin Merd"

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Canadian English dialects. It+s+fine.+Bro+hug+_83a4232a840a808dd586956d3f1307ab.jpg

If there is any other advice you could give us to improve performance issues, let us know :)

The only thing I can come up with for now, is the pack/unpack tool in the EM4 editor. By packing files you will further reduce the size of your mod. I'm not sure if this affects performance though (it might very well work) and you cannot pack or unpack multiple files at once, so -unfortunately- this is ALOT of work. You can pack any file, just rename the extension to .v3o before packing. You might give this a shot too if there's someone in your team with too much spare time. My advice is to only pack model and texture files which are 100% finished, because you need to unpack them again if you want to edit the file. I would start with buildings and other very common objects (like street objects) and have someone with an older computer compare the ingame FPS before and after packing. You can use Fraps to record the ingame FPS, but I'm sure there's other software too.

Hoppah

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Canadian English dialects.

The only thing I can come up with for now, is the pack/unpack tool in the EM4 editor. By packing files you will further reduce the size of your mod. I'm not sure if this affects performance though (it might very well work) and you cannot pack or unpack multiple files at once, so -unfortunately- this is ALOT of work. You can pack any file, just rename the extension to .v3o before packing. You might give this a shot too if there's someone in your team with too much spare time. My advice is to only pack model and texture files which are 100% finished, because you need to unpack them again if you want to edit the file. I would start with buildings and other very common objects (like street objects) and have someone with an older computer compare the ingame FPS before and after packing.

Hoppah

You dont actually need to rename the file, if you go to the pack/unpack option and find the containing folder of the file (although png wont pack and still function) and just type out the name. For example just type Example.dds after the directory name. They wont show up on v3os show up but this method does work as it confirms compression :)

If I may have just told Hoppah something about Em4 he didn't already know I may just collapse haha

x

You dont actually need to rename the file, if you go to the pack/unpack option and find the containing folder of the file (although png wont pack and still function) and just type out the name. For example just type Example.dds after the directory name. They wont show up on v3os show up but this method does work as it confirms compression :)

If I may have just told Hoppah something about Em4 he didn't already know I may just collapse haha

x

untitle.JPG

Maybe I just forgot. :1046276372_bawling: