Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Thankyou for visiting the official topic of the Manhattan Modification.

This modification will be 3 years old in August, and has seen the release of Version 1 and Version 2

Version 3.0.0 has now begun development, we would now like to show progress on the development of the mod.

All models and textures have been extensively improved since the previous version, with a completely new map, new area,

new rigs, and much more..

All info from v2 removed see www.manhattan-mod.org for version 2 screenshots.

The Concept:

Map

There will between 1 and 5 maps depending on how much we manage to get done.

They will all feature the same unit choice, however each map will house different selection of units on map.

For example map #1 (which is currently under development) contains:

Pride of Midtown

Engine 65

Rescue 1

Then another map will still feature these units ability to call them onto map, however the map will house different units for Example Battalion 8.

Each map will all be linked with the same set of units, the theory behind this links to MERU (online gameplay) where several games all using different v3 maps, then a global dispatcher will dispatch across all maps, then units like Rescue 1, Squad 18 etc are properly requested and must be sent off map from any other games before they can be spawned by the user that requested it.

What's new besides the maps?

We've once again revamped the units, adding details and in some cases re-modeling the unit.

We're also adding some new units such as Hazmat 1

A new hose connection script means hoses no connect to the front rear and sides of Engines and Squads, hooking up differently depending on the rig, e.g Marauder II's are different.

We've also gone through and re-lit all the rigs, which is still a work in progress.

What else we're looking into

We are trying our upmost to finally include limited water supply, we'll keep you updated on this.

Another idea we want to introduce is the ability to hook ladders up to any building, possibly assisting with venting, this would improve the aesthetic on scene.

More info and screens coming soon.

x

Fan Banner -

[url="http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/topic/12549-manhattan-modification-in-progress/"][img=http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6790/v3banner.png][/url]

v3banner.png

Will Engine 1 and Ladder 24 still be in this version?

a couple people complained about how the map would always crash there computers. did you guys scale the map down for those of us who don't have super computers to support the map?

A 'super computer' isn't required. Just some hardware graphic cards will simply not run the mod. You could have the best specs imaginable but have an intel card and no go. But yes we're releasing 3 maps with the first release of v3. One map will be Times Square, the other around MetLife (Engine 8/Ladder2/Batt 8) and the last will be a generic NYC map using just Em4 buildings (this will run on intel cards).

a couple people complained about how the map would always crash there computers. did you guys scale the map down for those of us who don't have super computers to support the map?

I appreciate it....the woods map would do me JUST fine. I like the units and the craftsmanship put in to them but my only complaint was the map ordeal. on th generic map will rescue 1 be on it?

Hey Dyson, I will PM you back soon, but for now can I get a reup of Version 1.0.0? Is the HD Version of v2.0 still a WIP since v3 is now a WIP?

Yo, v1 is available, I think I may have accidentally cleared it out with my spring clean, I'll re-up soon. Version 2 is finished and available, just check out 2.0.1 and patch 2.0.3 both in the DL section on here.

Version 3 is still under work yes, we're being ambitious with this one, we're already pretty much at the stage where we could release an almost bug free version with a finished map, but we're holding off to improve gameplay, add several other maps and a map that will load for people with crappy graphics cards.

I know the fire department covers medical services in the US but here in the UK it cost millions just to pull an engine out of a station and to a call so why do they send an engine out to assist why no another ambo or a first responder like here would that not be cheaper?

I believe its much, much lower than that.

Dyson, just wondering; what is the connection with intel cards not being able to play your maps? Is it the poly count with the building and such?

It's the rendering of the mass number of buildings, there's around 70 or so buildings in v2, all on top of the standard em4 stuff, so em4 needs to rely on the graphics card to run with all this additional stuff, which in the case of specifics as mentioned above, fail to support the game in its rendering so it crashes out. We've studied this issue a lot with various testing, what you see in v2 is the best we came to after testing extensively.

Am I the only one who can't add firefighters or Hazmat officers to the Hazmat, RAC, CPC vehicles?

We accidentally forgot to assign an icon, if you click the add ff button it is actually adding to the rig, just there's no icon, if you spawn it, there will be guys onboard.

We didn't think it necessary to send out a patch to resolve as there isn't actually any hazmat calls in v2, but there will be in v3.

I'm good until I get to step 4. I dont see what needs to be changed in step 4 on my control panel. I checked with NVIDIA and I have the most up to date driver etc... I wish I could show a picture of my display but I dont know how to insert picture on this forum

Hi Dyson and Raf, has a solution been found for the NVIDIA graphics card issue? Raf you responded that you would be looking into it. This was back in september, if something was posted my apologies. I havent been around for awhile.

Hi Dyson and Raf, has a solution been found for the NVIDIA graphics card issue? Raf you responded that you would be looking into it. This was back in september, if something was posted my apologies. I havent been around for awhile.

Check the news section on the front page, thats the best solution we found, may not work for everyone. We've also stated we're releasing a map that will work on most of the machines having issues hopefully all. But thats a few posts back ^.

x

We accidentally forgot to assign an icon, if you click the add ff button it is actually adding to the rig, just there's no icon, if you spawn it, there will be guys onboard.

We didn't think it necessary to send out a patch to resolve as there isn't actually any hazmat calls in v2, but there will be in v3.

Oh, thank you! :)

• why dont rescue 1 have a go to station option?

• there is crash error with battalion 9 when selecting go to station then it crashes with a go to station error

B9 shouldn't have a Station command and Resuce 1 doesn't have quarters on map in v2 so not sure why you're trying to send it back.