Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Lol, almost got me there haha also it couldn't be blue because in the state of NY, front facing blue lights are illegal.

Not anymore, Our state senate said "F*** it!" and got rid of that law (Although, if they where illegal before, how did volunteers get away with it? :P)

It's probably green, I know that in some places (Don't know about NY) the green light means that there is a doctor in that vehicle.

Not in NY. There might have been in ~80's - 90's, but not nowadays. (Does FDNY even have EMT/PM FFs on a engine or a truck?)

FDNY has blue lights on left side and the reds on the right of the new Tower Ladder Seagraves (as you can see at part 1:00 on the video) and the Dodge Ram Ambulances in the back. and i really love the airhorns they use on the Ferraras

Not anymore, Our state senate said "F*** it!" and got rid of that law (Although, if they where illegal before, how did volunteers get away with it? :P)

This is incorrect. Emergency vehicles still cannot have forward-facing blue lights, and are limited to a single rear-facing light with the exception of police vehicles, which may have multiple rear blues.

Volunteer firefighters are limited to a single, 25 candlepower blue light visable from 360 degrees, and volunteer ambulance workers are to use the same, except in green. That's straight from the V&T law, but a little outdated. Good luck trying to find a 25 candlepower blue trouble bubble. Most volunteers use a Code 3 dashlaser or similar, or small light bars/led windshield lights. A cop can actually pull you over and revoke your blue light card for excessive lighting.

i always wonder who the hell (probably people who don't know anything bout police/fd/ems business) decides these things.

damn... as long as other people are getting warned and alarmed by these lights who cares?!

same thing in germany here...

only blue lights, only one type of sirens allowed, restrictions everywhere and a law for every piece of s***

We know there

will be NYPD Detectives in Manhattan Mod.

But how many and which commands are

available in detectives ? Thank u.

There is no reason to repeat yourself.. Especially when you repeat yourself on the same page...

i always wonder who the hell (probably people who don't know anything bout police/fd/ems business) decides these things.

damn... as long as other people are getting warned and alarmed by these lights who cares?!

same thing in germany here...

only blue lights, only one type of sirens allowed, restrictions everywhere and a law for every piece of s***

See in my town the say we cant run POV, but Colorado state law says any volunteer can. So state over rules most towns and HOLY HELL, some POV's look christmas trees that could been seen from space!!

See in my town the say we cant run POV, but Colorado state law says any volunteer can. So state over rules most towns and HOLY HELL, some POV's look christmas trees that could been seen from space!!

A lot of fire departments have that, it keeps the dingers and blownuts from clogging the street so apparatus can actually get to the scene. We have similar rules. It's rather annoying to see a fellow volunteer decked out that bad. It's a courtesey light, it means nothing. More of them doesn't mean people have to yield any more than usual.

Everything continues to looks amazing as usual.

As for the blue light...Probably a deliberate cosmetic change to distinguish the truck. Just like the FDNY trucks with Qs, and the worst is E-43's black stripe. There is also an exemption in the traffic law where a commissioner can wave the rules for blue lights.

For those that don't know, when used in US fire services the green light is traditionally used to signify a command unit.

Everything continues to looks amazing as usual.

As for the blue light...Probably a deliberate cosmetic change to distinguish the truck. Just like the FDNY trucks with Qs, and the worst is E-43's black stripe. There is also an exemption in the traffic law where a commissioner can wave the rules for blue lights.

For those that don't know, when used in US fire services the green light is traditionally used to signify a command unit.

As for the commissioner's exception, read the law very carefully, it says "the commissioner", which under NYC vehicle and traffic law is defined as the commissioner of motor vehicles, and has nothing to do with any fire commissioners, so technically, the blue light on the squad is illegal.

In the case of the green command light, that's actually a new nationwide thing. In New Yrok it's a little weird since my local vfd is getting their new cheifs' cars with a green light on them but my ambulance corps also runs green lights as a courtesy light, so now we have multiple agencies running vehicles with green lights for different purposes and it gets a little confusing.I have seen a few of the NYPD mobile command posts outfitted with a green strobe beacon on the roof.

As for the commissioner's exception, read the law very carefully, it says "the commissioner", which under NYC vehicle and traffic law is defined as the commissioner of motor vehicles, and has nothing to do with any fire commissioners,

Cool, I wasn't sure what commissioner it was referring to.

...apologies for the offtopic...

We know there

will be NYPD Detectives in Manhattan Mod.

But how many and which commands are

available in detectives ? Thank u.

Can anyone answer my question pls. ? Thank u.

Oh man don't you see it that they said they won't show anything before the relase(it most probably is regarding also your question). :happy:

Try not ask them so long. :dry:

Heads up, next week is the 'Week Of Awesome'

Everyday we will release media item displaying something we're working on, as a way of saying thanks for continuing the faith.

That way you will know if you check in the next day there will be another update :D

so be ready that's Monday - Friday :)

Heads up, next week is the 'Week Of Awesome'

Everyday we will release media item displaying something we're working on, as a way of saying thanks for continuing the faith.

That way you will know if you check in the next day there will be another update :D

so be ready that's Monday - Friday :)

Thank's Dyson, you're still going strong even when people are still going against you and trying to make you lose.