Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Hey Dyson and Rafael, I have a question about the mod. I know I gave you guys heat about the previews and the endless posts from people saying "looks awesome". So I completely understand if you don't want to answer my question, but here goes....

What kind of classes, education, training etc.etc. do you have to make all of this. I've been altering scripts a little bit with help from some tutorials and can follow directions fairly well on how to modify in-game events and such. But I'm just curious about what it takes to do what you guys do. I can't possibly imagine you just taught yourself, but if that's the case then kudos to you. Are you guys in graphic design or computer programming? Some of the stuff just seems way over my head....

Either way I think what you guys do is respectable seen as you don't get paid. If I had money, I'd contribute on your site.

Hey Dyson and Rafael, I have a question about the mod. I know I gave you guys heat about the previews and the endless posts from people saying "looks awesome". So I completely understand if you don't want to answer my question, but here goes....

What kind of classes, education, training etc.etc. do you have to make all of this. I've been altering scripts a little bit with help from some tutorials and can follow directions fairly well on how to modify in-game events and such. But I'm just curious about what it takes to do what you guys do. I can't possibly imagine you just taught yourself, but if that's the case then kudos to you. Are you guys in graphic design or computer programming? Some of the stuff just seems way over my head....

Either way I think what you guys do is respectable seen as you don't get paid. If I had money, I'd contribute on your site.

No worries man, Im not sure about Dyson but I know hes been modding for a long time. I actually did teach my self with little to barely any help from others (just small questions). The editor is the key. Im expirienced with 3d modelling, computers and understanding things quickly which is key. I so much am not expirienced with scripting so well (just modifying) but I am expirienced when it comes to computers and programs.

Pretty much the same from me, I still haven't learn to model (although I am thinking of asking Rafael to throw me some tips ;) ) but I guess my main skill is photoshop, I just used it at school one day (not in a lesson, they just had it on the network) I picked it up real fast and soon all my IT class wanted to know how I could make posters and magazine mock ups so well, so I ended up teaching the rest of my class too :') But yeah all self learnt, including the actual modding parts aswell.

I'd just recommend you keep practicing, and soon it all fits into place ;)

Thanks guys for your response.

So far for me it's been a lot of trial and error. I've had to uninstall and reinstall the LA mod numerous times now just because I've screwed up scripts etc.etc. so bad. Now I just copy the files before editing them and keep them separate. It's very time-consuming to me, but when I'm finally able to load a mod with the vehicle load-out that I prefer, then it's all worth it. I imagine you guys feel the same way when you produce a mod that has real NYPD/FDNY vehicles.

Hey couple more quick questions and my apologies if you've already answered it. The FDNY models looks ridiculous. Was wondering about the NYPD though. I saw on your website photo galleries a marked CV and ESU truck, but didn't see many more NYPD vehicles.

Do you guys both favor the fire department operations in the game as opposed to police/medical?

What is RMP?

Can I assume there's going to be a precinct with parking for a certain # of NYPD cars?

The NYPD is currently being re-worked ;) there should be an equal between NYPD and FDNY no favor either way. There is two precincts in game, one which is more up town east which is more like the garage, where all the units spawn, the other is where all the units can park, in lower west. I haven't yet but do hope to pick a precinct number and have all the units numbers referring to it :)

Hope that answers your question

Dyson

x

P.S. RMP- Radio Mounted Patrolcar, it's just a standard PD cruiser

Awseome work fellas really have taken the origianl to a whole new level. Just signed up for the website as I didnt know it was out there :cry:. But I cant wait your your release and really look forward to enoying it fully. Thanks you gentlemen for your time & efforts.

I'm addicted to this mod, And there's only one other i play as much (London mod) Can't wait for the finished version, You guys really have done a brilliant job.

I'm addicted to this mod, And there's only one other i play as much (London mod) Can't wait for the finished version, You guys really have done a brilliant job.

Thanks :D planning to release one or two extra pictures some time soon.

I've been meaning to try out some UK mods, any to recommend? :D

Thanks :D planning to release one or two extra pictures some time soon.

I've been meaning to try out some UK mods, any to recommend? :D

hey dyson have you tried the Aarhus mod 1.6.1 it has a yellow light script you could edit to make it a white light script

great i will have about a year to play this game berfore we all die in 2012! :1046276372_bawling:

Uh accully no they said its going to be relesed in (Fall 2011) read 1st page and look