Xplorer4x4

Unexplained Crash to Desktop Again

The game only crashes when I am in the editor(havent tested the game), and try to load the 02 LA Fire Department prototypes. Now I tried replacing the entire prototype folder with known, working prototypes, and it still does a CTD. I tried replacing the USCG prototype, which has never been edited, with another since it is the last one loaded, and it still fails. Of course my drivers are up to date so I havet posted a dxdiag. Heres the log file

logfile.txt

The game only crashes when I am in the editor(havent tested the game), and try to load the 02 LA Fire Department prototypes. Now I tried replacing the entire prototype folder with known, working prototypes, and it still does a CTD. I tried replacing the USCG prototype, which has never been edited, with another since it is the last one loaded, and it still fails. Of course my drivers are up to date so I havet posted a dxdiag. Heres the log file

Any chance it could be w00ds maps causing the crash?

Nope it turned out to be prototype related. Cant recall exactly where the problem was, but it happened 2 or 3 times in a row, where I would play the game, then try to launch the editor, and get a CTD, which I dont understand seeing as I obviously couldnt make change to make it unstable if the editor wouldnt load.

i don't know for sure if it's the same problem.

But i encountered almost the same problem like your in the editor.

for me it turned out to be a badly saved .dds skin file witch made the editor(and also) the game crash.

not when i loaded "good" models with properly saved .dds files.

after i found the badly saved model, i reloaded the orginal .jpg file in to the .dds converter(photoshop)

saved again(double checked the settings).

then my problem was solved.

hope it helps you.

good luck.

Here we go again, but this time it happens after it loads the image for the gated wye command. Last thing i did was play the game, quit, small script edits, and here we go again. Not that it happens about the time the mod should be fully loaded and returning to the menu. Oddly enough, it was a script error.

logfile.txt