leahcim512

Solution to crash to desktop (After 2 seconds black screen)

Did that, then did some looking around in my video files for the game and noticed a lot of the supervisor videos were blocked in the properties. I fixed all of them and had a flawless freeplay session. Now I just went to go back and play some more and got a crash again. This is incredibly annoying.

I understand your frustrations as I myself had them. If you could upload your log file again or check and make sure the files were not blocked again for whatever reason by Windows more insight may be provided.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Files are not blocked. Heres the log and DxDiag.

I'm sorry but I can't offer much help anymore. There are no errors I can find in your log file and don't know enough about the dxdiag except to check you video drivers, which look to be in date.

Looking at the second log file you provided there a quick search of the document shows no errors appearing in the logfile. Some details of your current issue and possibly just attempting it again may help.

Also if you have a Steam version of the game I would verify integrity just in case.

The game still loads up to a black screen, then crashes after about 15 seconds. Attached is the new logfile after verifying the files through Steam. Thank you to all who have taken time to try to fix this problem

---attached is the logfile from after verifying files through Steam

logfile.txt

The game still loads up to a black screen, then crashes after about 15 seconds. Attached is the new logfile after verifying the files through Steam. Thank you to all who have taken time to try to fix this problem

---attached is the logfile from after verifying files through Steam

Is this loading mods or something else? If this is a fresh install that you haven't had working yet have you set the resolution in the config file yet? Otherwise try searching around a little as that sounds like one of the regular crashes that is usually fixed.

Is this loading mods or something else? If this is a fresh install that you haven't had working yet have you set the resolution in the config file yet? Otherwise try searching around a little as that sounds like one of the regular crashes that is usually fixed.

It's an unmodded game, that used to work until one day it stopped. I fixed the resolution in the config file before I did anything else.

Hi, guys, I bought this game and it immediately crashes to desktop (Steam version). I tried reinstalling, setting compatibility to WinXP, running as admin, changing resolution in config file,setting fullscreen value to 0. I didnt install any mods. I noticed in the log file I am missing file FreeplayRanking.xml, which I downloaded from the link found here  http://steamcommunity.com/app/323610/discussions/0/458604254435428153/. 

Here is my log file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8561550/logfile.txt

Any help is appreciated.

Hi, guys, I bought this game and it immediately crashes to desktop (Steam version). I tried reinstalling, setting compatibility to WinXP, running as admin, changing resolution in config file,setting fullscreen value to 0. I didnt install any mods. I noticed in the log file I am missing file FreeplayRanking.xml, which I downloaded from the link found here  http://steamcommunity.com/app/323610/discussions/0/458604254435428153/. 

Here is my log file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8561550/logfile.txt

Any help is appreciated.

Do you have an AMD powered graphics card?  

Mine just recently started doing that as well....Here is my log file to see what could be done to make it work

Init Filesystem...
Registered FS device "local"
Registered FS device "base"
Registered FS device "lang"
Init UpdateChain...
Init Timer...
Init Screen...
Init Scriptscheduler...
!Graphics system: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
GL_AMDX_debug_output GL_AMDX_vertex_shader_tessellator GL_AMD_conservative_depth GL_AMD_debug_output GL_AMD_depth_clamp_separate GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend GL_AMD_name_gen_delete GL_AMD_performance_monitor GL_AMD_pinned_memory GL_AMD_sample_positions GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_AMD_shader_stencil_export GL_AMD_texture_cube_map_array GL_AMD_texture_texture4 GL_AMD_vertex_shader_tessellator GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL
Init GFX...
Init Vision...
|Vision DLL path: C:\Program Files (x86)\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\vision71.dll
|Vision(TM), Version PC-4, 7, 28, 0
|Loading entity plugins of directory <C:\Program Files (x86)\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Data> ...
|List of loaded plug-ins:

|Plug-in named 'CubeMapHandle_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'VisionConsoleEntity_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'VisBase_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'VisBaseEntity_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'VisMouseCamera_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'VisObject3D_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'VisActionHelperEntity_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'VarManager_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'BaseEntity_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'VBaseCameraEntity' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'VCamEntity' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'GameEntity_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'Emitter_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'BaseGameEntity_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'TargetEntity_cl' loaded statically!

|Registering plug-ins done !

|Initializing Vision Graphics Engine
|Detecting CPU type and features
|CPU:Pentium II/III FPU MMX ISSE 3DNow!
|Vision Core: Allocated 28 kB of memory for Polygon Chunks
|Vision Core: Allocated 9 kB of memory for Entities
|Settings renderer configuration
Initializing post processor 'PerceptionCore'
 * Skipping config file
Initializing post processor 'MotionBlur'
 * Skipping config file
Initializing post processor 'Nightvision'
 * Skipping config file
|Initialising video driver: 0
|Setting screen mode to x:1280 / y:1024 / bpp:32 / refresh:0
|Screen Mode is fullscreen, return value: -402
|Stencil buffer: 0 bit / ZBuffer: 24 bit
?VulpineWrapper::ChangeScreenMode(): VERR_NOSCREENMODE - Screen mode could not be set
!WARNING: global listener object is still registered! Unregister listener before destroying object!

1.jpg

No.....I click on the icon on the desktop and it just flashes for a quick second and then nothing happens and it goes right back to the desktop....It worked all fine before...I did not add anything or do any mods to any of it...It just stopped working the other day when I wanted to run it again

Just tried it again and the log file

Init Filesystem...
Registered FS device "local"
Registered FS device "base"
Registered FS device "lang"
Init UpdateChain...
Init Timer...
Init Screen...
Init Scriptscheduler...
!Graphics system: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
GL_AMDX_debug_output GL_AMDX_vertex_shader_tessellator GL_AMD_conservative_depth GL_AMD_debug_output GL_AMD_depth_clamp_separate GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend GL_AMD_name_gen_delete GL_AMD_performance_monitor GL_AMD_pinned_memory GL_AMD_sample_positions GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_AMD_shader_stencil_export GL_AMD_texture_cube_map_array GL_AMD_texture_texture4 GL_AMD_vertex_shader_tessellator GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL
Init GFX...
Init Vision...
|Vision DLL path: C:\Program Files (x86)\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\vision71.dll
|Vision(TM), Version PC-4, 7, 28, 0
|Loading entity plugins of directory <C:\Program Files (x86)\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Data> ...
|List of loaded plug-ins:

|Plug-in named 'CubeMapHandle_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'VisionConsoleEntity_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'VisBase_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'VisBaseEntity_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'VisMouseCamera_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'VisObject3D_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'VisActionHelperEntity_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'VarManager_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'BaseEntity_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'VBaseCameraEntity' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'VCamEntity' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'GameEntity_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'Emitter_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'BaseGameEntity_cl' loaded statically!

|Plug-in named 'TargetEntity_cl' loaded statically!

|Registering plug-ins done !

|Initializing Vision Graphics Engine
|Detecting CPU type and features
|CPU:Pentium II/III FPU MMX ISSE 3DNow!
|Vision Core: Allocated 28 kB of memory for Polygon Chunks
|Vision Core: Allocated 9 kB of memory for Entities
|Settings renderer configuration
Initializing post processor 'PerceptionCore'
 * Skipping config file
Initializing post processor 'MotionBlur'
 * Skipping config file
Initializing post processor 'Nightvision'
 * Skipping config file
|Initialising video driver: 0
|Setting screen mode to x:1280 / y:1024 / bpp:32 / refresh:0
|Screen Mode is fullscreen, return value: -402
|Stencil buffer: 0 bit / ZBuffer: 24 bit
?VulpineWrapper::ChangeScreenMode(): VERR_NOSCREENMODE - Screen mode could not be set
!WARNING: global listener object is still registered! Unregister listener before destroying object!

Read in a different post and did this:

Open em4.cfg with notepad, and find the follwing lines,

<var name="r_xres" value="1280" />

<var name="r_yres" value="960" />

Change the 1280 to 1024, and the 960 to 768, save it and close and the game should work.

And now it works....I guess when I got a new monitor, this new monitor is smaller than my other one so I think that was the issue....Thank you for the help though :)

Edited by JTrane
FIXED IT!!!!!

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2015 at 5:14 PM, Darmen418 said:

EM4 used to work on this computer with mods for a while. Then one day it stopped working, black screen of death and all. I have tried reinstalling, verifying files, checking codecs, checking screen resolution, but nothing. I will post my logfile and dxdiag.

--EDIT: added DxDiag and logfile

http://www.emergency-planet.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17003

http://www.emergency-planet.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=17004

I have yet to find a solution to this game, for what ever reason

On 2/14/2016 at 9:10 PM, Unit501 said:

It has yet to occur on LA mod or NYC mod (as i have tested) 

It occurs on Harbor city mod

I have yet to be able to load Montana Mod 2.0.1

La and NYC are both very minimal in demanding resources, they should run on most machines.  When you get into other mods though, if the authors did not optimize the mods and let them be a bit more hogging on resources people will encounter more problems with those types of mods.  From my understanding the released version of montana can be quite demanding, so it's pretty likely you're seeing performance related from the mod issues, win10 probably isnt helping matters for you.

The advice I gave you in the other topic still holds valid, your best bet is to try to find a different video card driver than the one you're currently using.  I'm not sure how many versions are out there for win10 for your card, if you can't find different ones for your card for win10, search for win 8.1 drivers for your card and try installing them.