fdnyportu

New York 911 Modification : [Work in Progress]

Guest Francis

How do you go from boxy models, to great models, back to boxy? Seems really suspicious to me.

The model shown in the video wasn't made by them: click here.

The poster offered them, and they probably accepted and now they got only one high quality model. :)

That is not a NYPD-Car, just some private Vehicle that looks like one. You can see it at the bumber aswell as at the blue lights.

Chapter 45 ,Blue Light Law of the State of New York:

b. In addition to the red and white lights authorized to be displayed pursuant to paragraph two of this subdivision, one or more blue lights or combination blue and red lights or combination blue, red and white lights may be affixed to a police vehicle, provided that such blue light or lights shall be displayed on a police vehicle for rear projection only. In the event that the trunk or rear gate of a police vehicle obstructs or diminishes the visibility of other emergency lighting on such vehicle, a blue light may be affixed to and displayed from the trunk, rear gate or interior of such vehicle. Such lights may be displayed on a police vehicle when such vehicle is engaged in an emergency operation. Nothing contained in this sub paragraph shall be deemed to authorize the use of blue lights on police vehicles unless such vehicles also display one or more red or combination red and white lights otherwise authorized in this subdivision.

How do you go from boxy models, to great models, back to boxy? Seems really suspicious to me.

How does that seem suspicious? The great model was made by someone else.. but it doesn't matter, Francis answered.

I like the CV. Looks good. Just remove or re-colour the blue lights.

The model shown in the video wasn't made by them: click here.

The poster offered them, and they probably accepted and now they got only one high quality model. :)

Video? Anyways I realized the really good models were made by some one else then the guy making really box shaped models. :P

Guest PalaFDExplorer

Man. Your models are really boxy. Like. Really really boxy. It's great to see your making progress, and you do have some good models, but I think some are going to need some revisions. Like. Reworks for the curves, and getting it looking as good as possible. I know your new to modeling, like me, it just really needs some work for the hazmat and some of the others. If I find out how to smooth out the edges and make curves perfect, I'll try and explain it so we can both get good at this, okay?

You guys, they need help on knowing what to work on and what not to. If you went through life, and for every mistake you made, hearing: "Awesome" or "Looks great" would you really improve? Some insight into what needs to be worked on goes a long ways.

Guest PalaFDExplorer

I'm sorry, but that fan banner is wayy too bright. And still, the rescue and engine need to be rounded off before I will put it as my fan banner D: sorry.

I'm sorry, but that fan banner is wayy too bright. And still, the rescue and engine need to be rounded off before I will put it as my fan banner D: sorry.

yes just that i'm part of the team , but i can't do models until my zmodeler works , so for doing something i made the banner

Check This

You can see blue lights in that image.

The reason there are blue lights on that car is because as stated above, it is privately owned in the UK..You can clearly see that all the cars in the background are clearly European, and not available in North America...If you look at the video I have posted below that I took on my trip to NYC two days ago, you can see that all cars have red and white only to the front, and as the law states, if they have blue, it is only to be prjected to teh rear, as shown in all the videos of blue lights in the lightbars. I hope you take the blue out, since that is a total turn off since it defies NYPD cars so much...Thanks for your mod, and although your models are pretty good, I would like to hear more about teh building of the scripts and stuff like that since anyone can do models, the models dont work without scripts.

Video of NYPD cars taken by myself (All Rights Reserved):

Guest emergency captain

Dude, no offence, but everything in the topic such as pictures and such, you have made some negative comment on. If you think that they're really that bad, keep it to yourself. Just saying.

Dude, no offence, but everything in the topic such as pictures and such, you have made some negative comment on. If you think that they're really that bad, keep it to yourself. Just saying.

It's constructive criticism, so it's fine. I really hate it too when people make boxy/bad models and everyone goes around saying, "ZOMG that r prettiest model evar!" and stuff like that. Again, the models are never going to improve if everyone keeps saying that.

Just on a related note, it's not really hard to make good looking/curvy trucks; it's a third-person game, so much detail isn't needed. Just one diagonal strip of polygons along edges should suffice.

No. no problem. it's good to see that type of comment. Don't hurry. You are there to give us your opinnion, it's only with your comments that we can do better things. we have do that in the ambulance and now is good.... we are doing now that with other trucks. don't Hurry

Thanks.

Guest PalaFDExplorer

It's not negative, it's constructive. Something you may not know much about. They do have some good models, and they are working hard, I'm just pointing out a few things. Did you ever wonder why they push you so hard in the police academy, or in the fire academy, or boot camp? To try to get you to improve. Bet you never thought of that.

Anyways, it sounds like you guys are making great strives in your work. At the beginning it was a bit choppy, but now it's looking so much better :)