Hoppah

W00ds Maps

This submode is tvery good,expect those bug

I have fixed them but i have one question.

Will there be any "ofical" patches for this bug,since i have read that w00d dosent have time fot it,and if there will be,when and do that person who will make it need"s help ??

Sory for my English

Guest TheBoo51314

Can anyone help. I installed this map on 911 FR and now whenever I choose a unit to go somewhere, they just sit either at the fire station with there lights and sirens on or the cops come out of the station and then sit at the end of there pad and dont go anywhere

I am having the same problem as theboo everything works fine for the first 5 or 10 minutes of the game and then they just stop moving. The same things happens when you call a unit for off the map.

It's not that bad if you can multitask and watch for the traffic jams. I use alot of motor units on the map with the large round about, they can get through traffic pretty quick, dismount and clear things up. But I did have a large fire near the round about and it was chaos, the ladder truck is so big it just stops and causes a larger jam. But I like how large the map is and response time is increased, plus the highway environment is a nice change from just city roads. The traffic problem doesn't quite kill the maps for me.

It's not that bad if you can multitask and watch for the traffic jams. I use alot of motor units on the map with the large round about, they can get through traffic pretty quick, dismount and clear things up. But I did have a large fire near the round about and it was chaos, the ladder truck is so big it just stops and causes a larger jam. But I like how large the map is and response time is increased, plus the highway environment is a nice change from just city roads. The traffic problem doesn't quite kill the maps for me.

I've tried, but the traffic pattern is so odd that redirecting traffic is a complete no-go. It usually just makes it worse. I want to see if going into editor and blocking the streets off from there might work... :gruebel:

I(f your going to do editor work on this map, first thing I suggest is altering the path that start by the airport and leads to the freeway on ramp. Delete the path from the on ramp and every point beyond that. Now complete the path by taking it to the left side of the map past the over pass. This was my biggest traffic problem.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you redirect a car it will not follow another redirect order later. So you get a traffic jam, turn away the cars to clear it up but if you're not careful they just cause another and then you can't redirect them. Easiest thing is to do what Xplorer suggested and remove some routes. I removed a few to cut back on traffic, but I still get the rare jam which I use motor units to handle. The biggest traffic problem I have now is when I have a large vehicle like a engine or ladder and I tell them to go somewhere, they come up on traffic in their lane and try to go around but if there is on-coming they usually just sit there and wont move, so I really keep and eye on all my units on the map to help make it run smooth.

I just tried switching to the new freeplay map 1.3 and it's not working, I did a clean install of LA mod with all the latest patches, moved the new files into the LA mod maps folder, including the floor file. When I start up freeplay the mini map is correct for the new map but the actual map itself is the default one, I guess it's the original LA mod map? before the latest one. Anyone know what the problem is?

I just tried switching to the new freeplay map 1.3 and it's not working, I did a clean install of LA mod with all the latest patches, moved the new files into the LA mod maps folder, including the floor file. When I start up freeplay the mini map is correct for the new map but the actual map itself is the default one, I guess it's the original LA mod map? before the latest one. Anyone know what the problem is?

Why are you moving files??? Just use the installer. Its fool proof.

I clicked the new freeplay 1.3 link in first post, takes me to another page and at the bottom of the first post on the new page it has the download links for the new floor and the map for normal 911 FR. No installer in any of those I downloaded just the files.

Edit-- and if you mean the part on the first post under installation where it says you need a certain patch then under it says download submod here, if that's for the installer it's broken which is why I have to do it manually and why I am asking if anyone knows why it only changes the mini map.

I asked because the link I used had the freeplay files to put into maps folder, I did that but it wasn't working correctly but Xplorer said that those are old and don't work with version 2.0 of LA mod. The link that you sir, captain obvious, mentioned was what I assume is the version that works with LA mod 2.0 and has the auto installer but that one is broken. I doubt anyone will post them again, have to wait until Xplorer's mod comes out that uses these maps.

^Correct, well in regards to the links and such. The files Foehammer mentioned are old and out of date. Id rather not release my copy of the map because its not original. Its been modified pretty extensively.

I am sure some one will post it sooner or later though. Just have patience guys. ;)

EDIT: Talked to Stan, heres a working link:

http://www.lamod.emergency-planet.com/W00ds_Maps_v1-0.zip

The original link will work again in a day or two though.