Bob

Stuttering

I recently got E4, and it worked perfectly for the first few days. All of a sudden, it just started stuttering. Also, when I try to play the game, the clock moves at about 1/4 its normal speed and everything happens accordingly. This happens everytime I open the game. I have the latest DirectX patches, the latest graphics drivers, and the latest E4 patch. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Guest Gamesfunk
I recently got E4, and it worked perfectly for the first few days. All of a sudden, it just started stuttering. Also, when I try to play the game, the clock moves at about 1/4 its normal speed and everything happens accordingly. This happens everytime I open the game. I have the latest DirectX patches, the latest graphics drivers, and the latest E4 patch. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Do you have too many CPU-demaning programs loaded, while playing EM4?

G.

Well, to answer the first question, no. The only other program I have running is my virusscan, which I have turned off to see if it helped; no effect.

I've got an eMachines T2875 with a Athlon 2800+ 2.09 GHz processor, a gig of RAM, and a GeForce 6200 256 AGP.

The thing is, when I first installed the game, it ran incredibly smoothly. Then, all of a sudden, it just got real stuttery. I haven't changed anything, including the graphics settings, at all.

Guest Gamesfunk
Well, it started stuttering, then I installed the LA Mod than immediately after the patch.

Try to turn off the lowest graphical option, the ... shadow (don't know the middle part). I have had stuttering before too, I turned it off, and it went way better, the fps went from 10 to 25-30 fps!

G.

Do you have this problem with other games too... 'cause I do, and I think it's because of the DirectX 9.0c.

G.

Doesn't have anything to do with directx but with the graphic card you have, if some games don't like it you will need to play with lowest settings

Okay, I think I spoke too soon.

It worked perfectly last night. Went really smooth. I turned it off and went to bed.

I woke up this morning and what do you know: the stuttering's back!

I haven't changed any settings and all other non-system processes are closed.

In response to Gamesfunk, no, all my other games are fine.

Well, to answer the first question, no. The only other program I have running is my virusscan, which I have turned off to see if it helped; no effect.

I've got an eMachines T2875 with a Athlon 2800+ 2.09 GHz processor, a gig of RAM, and a GeForce 6200 256 AGP.

The thing is, when I first installed the game, it ran incredibly smoothly. Then, all of a sudden, it just got real stuttery. I haven't changed anything, including the graphics settings, at all.

So far i read on other forums (French & german) you are not the only one having this problem.

Fact is the has been no "real" solution.

All i could recommend is:

Post your logfile, upload it to our main site => www.emergency-planet.com and post here once uploaded.

After that, if I can't find anything in it I'll contact Sixteen Tons Entertainment

Guest Gamesfunk
Okay, I think I spoke too soon.

It worked perfectly last night. Went really smooth. I turned it off and went to bed.

I woke up this morning and what do you know: the stuttering's back!

I haven't changed any settings and all other non-system processes are closed.

In response to Gamesfunk, no, all my other games are fine.

Are you sure that the option you turned off yesterday hasn't come back on?

G.

Guest NootjesBV

I have this problem to. I can play for like 5-10 minutes and then the game is running real slow.

I have a dual core cpu @ 1,6 GHZ, 512 mb, and a mobile inter 945GM express.

I'm running the delux edition. But i had this problem before with the normal em4

I have this problem to. I can play for like 5-10 minutes and then the game is running real slow.

I have a dual core cpu @ 1,6 GHZ, 512 mb, and a mobile inter 945GM express.

I'm running the delux edition. But i had this problem before with the normal em4

Disable 1 core (thanks 16T for the uber super cpu & software support :mad22: )