Guest all4golf

Full Screen Not Working

Guest all4golf

I recently installed Windows 7 and am not having the crash issue like everyone else. Before on Vista I'm fairly certain that the screen took up my entire laptop screen, now it's just a square box in the middle. I tried changing the resolution but it only adjusts it for that little box and doesn't go outside these boundaries. Anyone else have this problem?

I think that is a feature of Windows7, it does not scale the screen to widescreen, resulting in better compatibility for some games. I've seen that on my girlfriends notebook. But actually, I don't know how to disable that. Does every Application that does not run in a widescreen resolution look like that?

If I remember correctly, Emergency4 does not support widescreen resolutions, so this could be the reason why windows7 does not stretch it on the whole screen :)

All though EM4 does not support wide screens

you can force him to do so anyway.

Go to you EM4 directory folder and look for the file called:

"em4.cfg"

Open tis with notepad.

And look for tis line:

<var name="r_xres" value="*your resolution" /> <var name="r_yres" value="your resolution" />

You need to change your resolution in to a widescreen resolution making the file look like this:

<var name="r_xres" value="1920" />   <var name="r_yres" value="1080" />

(tis is my native wide screen resolution).

for a laptop i think you would need 1280 x 800 or something in that direction

(edit:) other types of true wide screen resolutions(16:9)

monitors can be found in resolutions of 1024x576, 1280x720, 1600x900, and 1920x1080.

Guest The Lonley Wolf

i had this problem its windows 7 can stretch games like XP and Vista there is no way to fix it but wait for a service pack maybe then :schreiben:

I fixed it by going back to Vista.....