szron

Roleplaying Dispatch Simulator - via TS (Poll Added)

Dispatch Simulato  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in participating in Dispatch Simulator via TS

• Sure
    • Maybe
    • No, not for me
    • This idea sucks.

Some time ago I found about so-called "funkspiels". It's a roleplaying game via TS that simulates emergency dispatch, 911 calls, etc. Proper translation should be "Radio Play" but that sounds crappy and "Dispatch Simulator" sound way cooler and more pro.

The idea is to create a TS Server, create assigments (officer, dispatcher, supervisor, 911 caller) and let our imagination take the rest.

We would roleplay events like 911 call and then dispatching officer to scene, etc.

This thing is working in Germany and I my opinion is cool and worth of try.

So what do you think? Could our community create something like that? Any volunteers?

//poll added

So basically you're trying to get people together to do....what exactly?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that he is saying that over teamspeak, we have an emergency service role play, there is a dispatcher, officers, and civilians, and we just use our microphones for radio communications. Civilians call in emergencies to the dispatcher, then the dispatcher will dispatch the appropriate officer(s) to the scene, and all communications is over Teamspeak.

Interesting idea, could be fun.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that he is saying that over teamspeak, we have an emergency service role play, there is a dispatcher, officers, and civilians, and we just use our microphones for radio communications. Civilians call in emergencies to the dispatcher, then the dispatcher will dispatch the appropriate officer(s) to the scene, and all communications is over Teamspeak.

Interesting idea, could be fun.

Hmm, sounds ok. but without something to play it on , this would all just be radio chatter, right?

Hmm, sounds ok. but without something to play it on , this would all just be radio chatter, right?

Correct.

Well, it is atleast worth a shot isn't it? If it doesn't work out after all, we atleast know we tried but there just aren't enough people interested.

How would you want to do the calls? Certain persons being civilians or just Rnadom callsbeing generated by the dispatcher?

I think that would be more fun if we have pepole roleplaying 911 callers.

Well it's just a idea. I want to check how many pepole would be intrested.

Well, we can adapt it to many multiplayer games like SAMP for example or GTA IV.

//edit

http://www.online-einsaetze.de/

This is this same thing in Germany. They have script fot that and it seems like a lot of fun.

How about we have Citizens that actually make up accidents and call the dispatchers via Teamspeak and then actually set it up in SAMP, then the Dispatcher would have to send appropriate units. For example:

A citizen (Being in Teamspeak and SAMP at the same time) will ram a car in a house and then let a NPC or another citizen play for victim. The citizen will then call a dispatcher and the dispatcher, in this case, will send an Ambulance, Police vehicle and a Firetruck incase the car took fire.

Or another one:

A hostage situation in progress at a Clothing Shop, depending on the armament of hostagetakers and amount of hostages the dispatcher will have to dispatch correct units, which is difficult as he/she might not know if the HTs have pistols or Assault Rifles.

This however, would require some money to set up a server.

I would be ready to donate, if this proves interesting to other people.

This site (http://www.samp-servers.com/games.html) looks reasonable. 5$ per month for 20 slots. And looks the cheapest. Others I've heard of is 44$ Per month for 100 Slots, which is just incredibly much.

This however, would require some money to set up a server.

Well that may be a problem.

But as you see in edit to my previous post this exists without ony other tools than script in that website. Maybe we should email owner of that site and ask him about idea of US/English based simulation.

I have a lil something for you which we actually do use ts for and we use aram2 for it. Take a look at the mod here

and at Cityliferpg.com

You have like, 40 civs (real players) and 26 cops (real players, also emt and fire are being implemented)

Except that i still can host free xP?

How come you can get a server for free?

I have a lil something for you which we actually do use ts for and we use aram2 for it. Take a look at the mod here

and at Cityliferpg.com

You have like, 40 civs (real players) and 26 cops (real players, also emt and fire are being implemented)

Great idea, looks amazing. But as said that would require ArmA2, same for the SAMP idea I suggested. I think we first should get the TS3 server up and see if many people are interested, when that is the case we can still see if we're going to use a game together with TS3.