Hoppah

Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

Any problem related to the Los Angeles Mod can be posted in this topic. You can also post possible bugs here.

List with all reported and confirmed bugs below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New information

07/16/2011: Released Los Angeles Mod v2.1 which contains the latest updates (v2.0.2) as well as some new additions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current bugs

LA mod v2.1 bugs and problems:

- The K9 dog makes sheep noises.

- CheckVictim command does not work for negotiator.

Multiplayer:

- Chase command gets bugged when officers leave their vehicles after stopping the chased car

Other

Unfixable bugs:

- The trailer of tiller does not have physics when it is not installed. This prevents the trailer from getting stuck.

- The tiller cannot be installed at windows.

- The fireman on the ladder of the tiller sometimes floats in the air.

- The trailer logic might be buggy and/or slow on older computers and during online play.

- MP5, M4a1 and PSG-1 fire through objects.

- Mission 2: Canister sometimes can't be closed (workaround: restarting the game fixes it)

- Mission 3: Bomb Squad cannot pick up the briefcase (workaround: restarting the game fixes it)

- In rare occasions, the gated wye cannot be picked up, because the fireman disappears and nothing else happens. (fix not found yet)

Strange occasions: (often reported as bugs, but cannot or won't be changed)

- Vehicles on patrol ignore traffic lights

- The watercannon of parked fire engines in one of the fire stations shoots through the roof of the fire station when a fire is in its vicinity.

- When personnel of the third parked ambulance (fire station 1) exits the vehicle they sometimes appear outside of the fire station.

Often reported bugs/issues which aren't bugs:

- Red lights on LAPD unmarked and slicktop cars don't flash (law in California requires emergency vehicles to have at least one steady burn).

Hoppah

im using 9800 graphic card, on vista 32. my game goes very fine last time. with graphic & details high and shadows on. so now my problem is, whenever i click on a unit, everything goes slow, but whenever im not clicking a unit, everything goes fine again. any idea what happened to my comp? i dont have this problem previously..

im using 9800 graphic card, on vista 32. my game goes very fine last time. with graphic & details high and shadows on. so now my problem is, whenever i click on a unit, everything goes slow, but whenever im not clicking a unit, everything goes fine again. any idea what happened to my comp? i dont have this problem previously..

With 1.9 this doesn't happen?

What happens if you have a dog unit and the dog leader gets injured?

I imagine the same as what happened when I had a bomb expert a bit close to his vehicle and I was using the bomb robot haha.

Once the 'commanding' unit is injured you can't move them (sending another unit doesn't work, it just comes up you can only use one unit at a time)

Guest Cackles

campaigns don't work for me, they did not show up on 1.9, and don't show up now, also when i try multiplayer, the game hangs

I am on a dual core 2.1 laptop, 4gb ram, 8400 GS, vista 32, all the latest drivers ect ect. The game does not lag at all for me, so i don't think its a performance issue.

Just to clarify, the missions showed up first time i loaded the game

i completed one of the missions, and the continue and main menu buttons are greyed out, only thing that can be pressed is repeat, when you do this, the game crashes to desktop. On restart, missions are not there.

The EM4 install is clean, and patched to 1.3, and the LA Mod 2.0 install is obviously fresh this morning, anyone have any ideas?

yah, previously i dont have this problem. after i installed 2.0 this appeared. any idea what happened?

I have no idea honestly, but I think it might have something to do with a script. The problem is that most scripts weren't really changed for v2.0. Do ALL units cause this lag?

I downloaded 2.0 from the main page and the file wont show anything in it :machkaputt:

although it is 152 MB and took quite a while to download. Im trying another download from a mirror site which is much quicker and see if that works. odd. never had a problem before.

Guest [SAP]Francis
I have no idea honestly, but I think it might have something to do with a script. The problem is that most scripts weren't really changed for v2.0. Do ALL units cause this lag?

The same happens with me when I select multiple SWAT units without MP5. Everything goes REALLY slow, I get a FPS drop of about 40... :(

This has been happening every since I've played the LA Mod. My computer is more than powerful though.

Also, I will post a screenshot of an area causing traffic jams soon.

The same happens with me when I select multiple SWAT units without MP5. Everything goes REALLY slow, I get a FPS drop of about 40... :(

This has been happening every since I've played the LA Mod. My computer is more than powerful though.

Also, I will post a screenshot of an area causing traffic jams soon.

I have the same problem when I play Winterberg mod. But I don't have it when I play LA Mod. It may occur but it doesn't lag so it affects the gameplay.

Guest Duncan007

Not sure if it was meant to be so i thought i'd bring it up. after having the tiller at fs1 in 1.9 the ladder is now in the slot, but as i say it may just be that it is what you've reverted back to

Not sure if it was meant to be so i thought i'd bring it up. after having the tiller at fs1 in 1.9 the ladder is now in the slot, but as i say it may just be that it is what you've reverted back to

That's because you installed this file into the mod: How to spawn the tiller and its trailer in fire station 1

Unfortunately, I have the disappearing missions bug too now and the same buttons are also greyed out after finishing a mission. I will take a look at it, but I'm not sure if I can fix it.

Guest Helionpl

I have a question: in freeplay, how to do the Missing Person incident? I mean, i find the victim and call an ambulance, then they cover the body with tarp and my police can't check victim, incident failed. How to deal with that?

I have a question: in freeplay, how to do the Missing Person incident? I mean, i find the victim and call an ambulance, then they cover the body with tarp and my police can't check victim, incident failed. How to deal with that?

I was able to check the victim without problems. The same command automatically covers the body 'with tarp'. The suspect appears on the minimap. :)