ryanmiller36

My Own Dispatch Simulation

Hi guys. Tim's idea inspired me to learn coding and create my own simulation. This is pretty much beta version 1.0 as I have not quite figured out all the stuff I plan on having it do yet.

This is my first project, and I coded the entire thing in only two days.

And a message to Tim: Don't stop making your's obviously. This is not meant to compete with your's, I just A)Did this for Fun and Experience and B) See how well mine compared to your's seeing as you have tons more coding experience, I'm expecting mine to be blown out of the water.

And guys, a note, it will automatically display a new call every three minutes, so after the first one, just wait.

Oh, and I couldn't quite plan out how I would make status updates for the units, so that will hopefully in beta 2.0

SOOO, Enjoy it and give me your feedback!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PEIOAMRN

Its working now thanks I will post some things when I mess with it. Looks really promising.

Not really a simulation yet as I haven't quite figured out how to make status updates. Well, I have but I don't know if it would work. Tommorow is my last day of school until January 4th so expect an update by then. But for now, you know what the base looks like. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Not really a simulation yet as I haven't quite figured out how to make status updates. Well, I have but I don't know if it would work. Tommorow is my last day of school until January 4th so expect an update by then. But for now, you know what the base looks like. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Its great, good work.

One quick q, what do i do once i fill out the form???

Guest atsfmatt

Hmm i exited out of the program and now it wont let me play it again it installed to my temp folder but it keeps saying its installed to another folder. I try to reinstall it and it still doesnt work.

Hmm i exited out of the program and now it wont let me play it again it installed to my temp folder but it keeps saying its installed to another folder. I try to reinstall it and it still doesnt work.

You don't need to reinstall it. There should be a new shortcut in the start menu. There should be "Dispatch Simulation" What O/S are you running?

I'm at my dad's house now, and he lives in an area where Megaupload is blocked, could you upload is somewhere else please?

Rapidshare or Mediafire for example work great for me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gjmwjondumw

Here you are sir!

I was wondering that too. Its a great start though way to go.

Nothing really, that is just for your reference. Once that incident is cleared, just the fields for your next one

First, thanks alot for uploading it to another site.

Opinion:

Pro's:

- Seriously great job for your first coding program

- Great example of what we can expect

Con's:

- If you press Take Call at anytime you just get a call, no caller needed.

- If you take a call, then ask for the location, but forgot what the call is and click on "what is your emergency?" again, you just get a different call. (BUG)

- Too easy

- Quite a few spelling mistakes (I'd love to help you out with that)

- Keep getting the message "You received a call" even though the program is shut down (BUG)

Loads of respect to you though

Guest atsfmatt

I was getting that to but press ctrl alt delete and then go to your task manager. Press the processes tag and look for dispatching and press end process and that will end that problem.