Guest Pannenkoek68

Question: Traffic jam, How to solve?

You have to send a police car and redirect the traffic from behind whatever is causing the problem. Then you have to move whtever is causing the problem.

with 5 officers out all the time on some points will decrease the change of traffic jams by 80 to 90%

(they sometimes will occur)

Will upload some screens later on.(to show locations of the officers).

Here are some sreens of the places.

I have drawn(weakly) in paint a red line where to place.

what to keep free,

And the traffic movement scripts(as far as i know them)

Hopes this helps you a bit.

(if you find this takes to much traffic of the map. you can always put less officers on the scene).

(Just keep in mind that removing to much officers at the same time will back up traffic almost instantly).

place.jpg

The 5 places where to place the officers on the map.

These on these 5 places you use an officer with the "redirect" command.

DO NOT USE stop command If traffic is stopped for to long, car fire will start.

Traffic jam + exploding cars = lots and lots of cars to be towwed, fires and perhaps even victems.

place1.jpg

This officers is standing near the bridge.

Keep in mind that if you place him/her closer to the bridge for some reason cars will "freeze" in to place, causing yet another traffic jam.

place2.jpg

This officer is standing on the lower parts near the bridge.

He/She will prevent the traffic to jam up higher in the map.

place3.jpg

This officer is standing on the south 2lane way. keeping the main intersection(near wall mart) more free.

Please not that you musts place him low. to keep the side street free for your units.

place4.jpg

This officer is standing near the docks.

Marked with the red square is the entraince to the hospital street.

You would do well to keep that free.

(Place this officer to high and cars will "freeze"

place5.jpg

This is(i find the most irrtating intersection).

Place the officer wrong, and your patroling cars will get stuck.(Use the street lines to place him/her well marked with a square)

Place him closer to the traffic light, and cars will "freeze".

Another part of placing him closer to the traffic lights means that he will still allow cars to pas him that come from the officers "LEFT" side.

Those cars drive around wall mart, and go up (towards the hospital) and still cause jams with the side street near the gas station/theatre.(in time, these will jam your police and fire station 1 completly.

with 5 officers out all the time on some points will decrease the change of traffic jams by 80 to 90%

(they sometimes will occur)

Will upload some screens later on.(to show locations of the officers).

Here are some sreens of the places.

I have drawn(weakly) in paint a red line where to place.

what to keep free,

And the traffic movement scripts(as far as i know them)

Hopes this helps you a bit.

(if you find this takes to much traffic of the map. you can always put less officers on the scene).

(Just keep in mind that removing to much officers at the same time will back up traffic almost instantly).

place.jpg

The 5 places where to place the officers on the map.

These on these 5 places you use an officer with the "redirect" command.

DO NOT USE stop command If traffic is stopped for to long, car fire will start.

Traffic jam + exploding cars = lots and lots of cars to be towwed, fires and perhaps even victems.

place1.jpg

This officers is standing near the bridge.

Keep in mind that if you place him/her closer to the bridge for some reason cars will "freeze" in to place, causing yet another traffic jam.

place2.jpg

This officer is standing on the lower parts near the bridge.

He/She will prevent the traffic to jam up higher in the map.

place3.jpg

This officer is standing on the south 2lane way. keeping the main intersection(near wall mart) more free.

Please not that you musts place him low. to keep the side street free for your units.

place4.jpg

This officer is standing near the docks.

Marked with the red square is the entraince to the hospital street.

You would do well to keep that free.

(Place this officer to high and cars will "freeze"

place5.jpg

This is(i find the most irrtating intersection).

Place the officer wrong, and your patroling cars will get stuck.(Use the street lines to place him/her well marked with a square)

Place him closer to the traffic light, and cars will "freeze".

Another part of placing him closer to the traffic lights means that he will still allow cars to pas him that come from the officers "LEFT" side.

Those cars drive around wall mart, and go up (towards the hospital) and still cause jams with the side street near the gas station/theatre.(in time, these will jam your police and fire station 1 completly.

I can't see the pictures. I tried with IE, Chrome, Firefox but I still can't. Please reupload it.

I would do what Randomperson said. Thats what I do...The only problem is sometimes the vehicles seemed stuck together...in that case idk wat to tell u...I just go to main menu and reload or start a new freeplay. Lately I have been facing peds standing in the road I just move them when that happens...also make sure that the police and/or ambulances arent just sitting in the intersections stopping everybody...I hope it works dor you :)

Sometimes, using special commands will also cause the cars to just stop working, and the only way to move them is shoot them, then put out and tow. Just find the front of the line and remove the problem. I don't like positioning officers, it defeats the purpose of the game I find. Like IRL, I wouldn't see a pumper on my street, and an ambulance at the gas station etc for staging purposes unless someone is getting shot. I like keeping it challenging ;)