Tarek

Cairo Emergency Mod [Recruiting]

Have you started putting them ingame?

Not yet no, I'm having serious trouble with exporting them and importing them into the game, Zmodeler is really a pain. I need help with zmodeler if anyone can help please inform me please :)

I'm planning on releasing a private alpha release which will include at least 15 different fully functioning vehicles in the game, each release after that will include more stuff until going to the beta which include scripts and stuff like that. Most probably first stable public release will include firestations, police stations, service centre and a hospital.

Tarek :)

Its not that hard. But making SketchUp models is bad for EM4 cause SketchUp sucks (its an architectural 3d designer, never designed for maing much else) so it doesnt want to convert properly.

Either way: if you have SketchUp Pro (or you can use the free way) all you need to do is export your SU model to a .3ds and then open up Zmodeler2 Registered and import them in. then its probably going to be screwed up model wise and Zmodeler2 has some problems with the skins so (this goes for everybody) you should NOT skin with SU. then once editing is done, you detach the parts and name all the separate parts (the body, wheels, doors, etc) with the Scene Nodes Browser and save. then export each to .v3o

IMPORTANT: save the .v3o with the name you gave the piece in the Scene Nodes Browser.

If you want i can get some pics or do it for you.

Its not that hard. But making SketchUp models is bad for EM4 cause SketchUp sucks (its an architectural 3d designer, never designed for maing much else) so it doesnt want to convert properly.

Either way: if you have SketchUp Pro (or you can use the free way) all you need to do is export your SU model to a .3ds and then open up Zmodeler2 Registered and import them in. then its probably going to be screwed up model wise and Zmodeler2 has some problems with the skins so (this goes for everybody) you should NOT skin with SU. then once editing is done, you detach the parts and name all the separate parts (the body, wheels, doors, etc) with the Scene Nodes Browser and save. then export each to .v3o

IMPORTANT: save the .v3o with the name you gave the piece in the Scene Nodes Browser.

If you want i can get some pics or do it for you.

Thank you VERY much, I will try to do it the way you said it. I'll inform you if I need help.

Thank you :)

Tarek.

Eh, No luck.

I always end up with the V3O this small

skam023yjesbah5i4am.jpg

Ami89E1234c can you please help me with this? I really need to know whether the models are not working correctly or if i'm doing something really wrong. :)

Thanks in advance,

Tarek.

Sketch of the Police Main station I'm planning on making,

wuik33xsilqueesc6k.jpg

eqfzod0ho532hky5mvic.jpg

This is just a sketch though, the blue boxes are windows, helipad on top, garage at the back to spawn police vehicles. and the box between the windows in the image above is the police station sign.

I might be able to help you with Zmodler.

All I need you to do is just find the blueprints of the vehicle.

Including Top Bottom Front And Sides.

Thanks!

Hey, Thanks for having the interest in joining in and helping :)

Sure, The blueprints of the vehicles won't be a problem.

Sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Tarek.

Let me guess... the v3o you export is empty?

Yeah, It's empty and it's only like 260 bytes. I think I'm doing something wrong though.

All the attempts before were done by importing vehicles from sketch up into zmodeler and then exporting to V3O. I think though that there's something wrong to what I'm doing, So I'm starting modeling from scratch all on zmodeler. Which is really a pain :s haven't tried exporting yet though.

The name of the v3o needs to be the same as the name of the object in zmodeler (Or do you ahve more then one?), then it works

Well yeah i thought that at first, I then exported it as the name of the object and it's still empty. I think it's a problem with sketch up and zmodeler.

Updated main topic.

I'd also like to welcome to the team Tian318 and iWolf. Welcome aboard! :)

Update :

Police Station Kiosk With Roof

ibu2f7h0827129i8q1na.jpg

Police Kiosk Without the roof

aedtzzyuebtchfd98rs9.jpg

The police kiosk usually includes 2 parked vehicles inside and a motorcycle parked outside with a Police Inspector always inside. I still haven't furnished the kiosk though,

Question : Should I furniture the office in the model or in the editor better?