The war against terror is not a legal war and can by that not be called a war...
So what is legal? Mass murdering Kurds? Hitting a building with two jumbo jets? Running a government in Afghanistan that is completely tyrannical? Your so right, we should of just watched the world destroy itself.

So what is legal? Mass murdering Kurds? Hitting a building with two jumbo jets? Running a government in Afghanistan that is completely tyrannical? Your so right, we should of just watched the world destroy itself.

I know right, and since our president is sending 30 thousand troops over and saying when they will leave, its just telling the terrorist to lay low and wait a few years to attack AGAIN.

I know right, and since our president is sending 30 thousand troops over and saying when they will leave, its just telling the terrorist to lay low and wait a few years to attack AGAIN.
We are not going to be out of Afghanistan by 2011, unless support for the war hits an all time low and Obama starts getting nervous about re-election. We are going to be there probably until 2013 with a significant troop presence. However, I'm worried about how the media and the Dems will feel, this war will be tough. The Taliban are not 18 year olds from Syria and Saudi Arabia looking to plant some bombs on roads. They are fighters with experience fighting the dominant fighting force, but we are a military that knows how to fight an army that fights face to face instead of via a cell phone on an IED frequency.

Xplorer, I don't think Ami89 was suggesting it was right (given the word 'retarded')

Ultimately, I don't ever see there being an end to this. It's almost a counter productive loop.

Yes, the initial goal was to find Bin Laden, then out of nowhere Iraq are thrown into the light via a voted for law, stating they had to let inspectors in or face consequences.

They let inspectors in, who found nothing and realised they dropped a b*****k, so suddenly a change in leaders becomes the forefront reason (something that G.W Bush inherited as a POLICY when he took over)

Now I am in no way, supportive of

the taliban
etc, but they DO have a point in that it is not the 'United Forces' land to currently be sat on.

They did what they wanted by overthrowing Saddam, so we should have all got the hell out of there after.

Unfortunately, the longer we stay, and the more of them we kill, the more of them get hired to 'force out' the 'opressor'.

Everything is already corrupted there already, for example the Police officer in 'training' out there who shot the british troops as they had lunch with an ak47.

We should just pull everyone out, no care for face saving now when there's no face left, it's peoples lives at risk.

If Obama, Brown, Sarkozy(sp?) and everyone else want a presence in the Eastern Countries, they should go there themselves.

To be a legal war it have to be approved by the UN Security council and it have to be against a country.

To be a legal war it have to be approved by the UN Security council and it have to be against a country.
I'm aware of what is supposed to be legal, I was just trying to make a point about the war. Besides, didn't the UN approve the invasion of Afghanistan?

I can't believe people are still discussing about the legality of the invasion in Iraq in 2003. What's the point? You're talking about it as if the invasion still needs to happen. Well, it did happen, so that dissusion is over. It's funny that many NATO countries do actually support the war as many of them did deploy troops in Iraq after the invasion. I do not support that war either, but on the other hand it's actually good there is at least one country willing to do what is necessary against terrorism. It's just impossible to find out the effectiveness of the war on terrorism, but we all know the US never got attacked on its own soil by terrorists anymore. Nobody can tell what would've happened if the invasions in Afghanistan and Iraq never happened, so saying the war on terror is useless is just hypocrisy.

The war in Afghanistan is legal, because the US had its rights to defend itself after the attacks on 9/11. It's a bit of a simple thought, but totally understandable.