E-Z

Question about armed units in the LA Mod.

In the vanilla Emergency 4/911: First Responders there was a police unit called the sniper, which had the ability to kill someone with one aimed shot.

In the LA Mod, the National Guard sharpshooter and LAPD sharpshooter seem to lack this ability. So for realism's sake, is there a way to edit all the armed units in the LA Mod to always kill, rather than injure a person when they shoot? This is for both police units and armed suspects, if possible.

Also, is there a way to make explosions in the game/mod always kill those around them rather than simply wound/incapacitate? If none of these are possible, is there a way to make injured/sick people "die out" faster?

Basically, I would like to know how to make the LA Mod more "deadlier."

Thanks! :)

Hope this helps ...

1. Open the following:

... Program Files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.9\Scripts\Game\Command\LAM4a1.script

Note: If you have 911: First Responders or Deluxe. The directory won't be the same as the one above, But you get the idea where to go.

2. Scroll down until you find the following line:

if (Target->GetType() == ACTOR_PERSON)

3. Then replace the following:

t.Injure(INJUREREASON_SHOT);

and

t.Hurt(INJUREREASON_SHOT, 600.f);

with

t.Kill(INJUREREASON_SHOT);

If you are having any troubles, tell me :D

EDIT: I thought you wanted to change the M4a1. I didn't notice it was the sharpshooter you wanted. But it's quite similar, if you read carefully what I wrote above, you will get the idea on how to edit the sharpshooters.

Thank you very much for the information! :D

EDIT: I've edited the files for the PSG-1, M4A1, MP5, and the instructions you gave me worked with no problems at all.

However, how would I go about doing the same for handgun-equipped units (both criminals/suspects and emergency units), explosions and the and the sharpshooter unit? I did not find any file labeled "sharpshooter."

Again, thanks for the information.

Thank you very much for the information! :D

EDIT: I've edited the files for the PSG-1, M4A1, MP5, and the instructions you gave me worked with no problems at all.

However, how would I go about doing the same for handguns (both criminals/suspects and emergency units) and explosions?

Again, thanks for the information.

In that case, you will need to open a different file called "em4.cfg" (also called "em4deluxe.cfg" if you're using the Deluxe version), but this time it isn't inside the LA Mod directory, it's inside:

... \Program Files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4

Once you have opened it, look for:

<var name="e4_shooter_power" value="200." />

Then change the value of 200. to a bigger number such as 1000.

You gonna turn Emergency 4 into Postal xDD

Well on other side this will make game easy. Just Coroners Van needed :>

Remember, for realism's sake. :D

I found it strange that a person was still alive after being shot in the head with a sniper rifle, and standing next to a bomb as it exploded.

In that case, you will need to open a different file called "em4.cfg" (also called "em4deluxe.cfg" if you're using the Deluxe version), but this time it isn't inside the LA Mod directory, it's inside:

... \Program Files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4

Once you have opened it, look for:

<var name="e4_shooter_power" value="200." />

Then change the value of 200. to a bigger number such as 1000.

This still leaves the shot unit wounded, and not killed. A unintentional downside I discovered is that vehicles are much more easier to destroy now.

Is there a way to make explosions always kill, rather than simply injure? If this is not possible, is there a way to make wounded units 'bleed out' faster?

Also, how would I edit the files for the LAPD/Military sharpshooter so that they kill outright instead of wound? I don't see any files labeled 'sharpshooter' in the LA Mod folders.

Remember, for realism's sake. :D

I found it strange that a person was still alive after being shot in the head with a sniper rifle, and standing next to a bomb as it exploded.

This still leaves the shot unit wounded, and not killed. A unintentional downside I discovered is that vehicles are much more easier to destroy now.

Is there a way to make explosions always kill, rather than simply injure? If this is not possible, is there a way to make wounded units 'bleed out' faster?

Also, how would I edit the files for the LAPD/Military sharpshooter so that they kill outright instead of wound? I don't see any files labeled 'sharpshooter' in the LA Mod folders.

I don't think there ain't any way to make the pistol deadly. Unless a new pistol command is created, but that is hard work.

Yes, you can change how fast you want the wounded to bleed out in the editor, but unfortunately I don't know how to do this, I suggest you ask someone who's more familiar with that.

About the LAPD and Military sharpshooter. I'm looking into that right now, I had forgotten that it doesn't use the same script as the PSG Sniper Rifle (FBI). Once I find out, I will edit this post.

Guest mrpolice1996
I don't think there ain't any way to make the pistol deadly.

That's a double negative so your basically saying that there is a way make the pistol deadly. So i think you mean 'I don't think there is any way to make the pistol deadly.' not 'I don't think there ain't any way to make the pistol deadly.'

That's a double negative so your basically saying that there is a way make the pistol deadly. So i think you mean 'I don't think there is any way to make the pistol deadly.' not 'I don't think there ain't any way to make the pistol deadly.'

Who cares if is grammar isnt perfect, if its understandable its fine.

I don't think there ain't any way to make the pistol deadly. Unless a new pistol command is created, but that is hard work.

Yes, you can change how fast you want the wounded to bleed out in the editor, but unfortunately I don't know how to do this, I suggest you ask someone who's more familiar with that.

About the LAPD and Military sharpshooter. I'm looking into that right now, I had forgotten that it doesn't use the same script as the PSG Sniper Rifle (FBI). Once I find out, I will edit this post.

Okay, thanks. :)

Is there a way to make explosions deadly or is that not possible? :nixweiss: