Tim

Interested in a Dispatch Center Simulation?

Hi guys,

I'm currently working on a dispatch center simulation and I would like to get an overview of what the players would like to see.

So just state what your dream feature would be, the more ideas and wishes I get, the more you help me :P

Attention: This is not related to the NY modification, it is an independent, stand-alone software!

I made a concept screenshot, to give you a small impression on what the program could look like.

previewscreen9rui.png

Do not think of any limitations, feel free to state everything(!) you can imagine of, every idea can help to improve the quality and the fun of the final software.

So far,

Tim

No, this is not for Emergency, it's a stand alone software.

Other possible modules:

-Map screen (Google Maps, or an offline data source)

-Unit Overview

-Telephone screen (call Hospitals, other Departments etc.)

-The dispatch mask, where you enter all the information you get from the caller

Ahhhhhhhhh NOOBS!

Its not for EM4.

Its for the computer.

Its like a Dispatch Center.

You can send by text a engine to a fire or a ambulance to a hartattack.

Its nothing with EM4!

Wasn't that already said that multiple times in the thread? Don't go waste my time.

As I said before, this is NO mod, it is stand alone!

Of course I'm already programming on this, otherwise I would not ask for your wishes and ideas

I ment if you started programming it yet.

Well, it's not as obvious as you think it is, maybe you first wanted to hear peoples opinions about it.

No, this is not for Emergency, it's a stand alone software.

Other possible modules:

-Map screen (Google Maps, or an offline data source)

-Unit Overview

-Telephone screen (call Hospitals, other Departments etc.)

-The dispatch mask, where you enter all the information you get from the caller

All of them sound great! I like the map thing. It would be really cool to use Google maps or something similar to dispatch the units.

Speech will also be great but I don't know if you can make it possible to have speech during the call. I mean when somebody calls 911 the dispatcher may say 911 operator what is your emergency? and things like this which are used for sure.

I could do some voice acting using Greek accent(many Greeks live in USA or in Germany :P but I think I can try to do some other people's accent too :)

Basically I want to help. I could try to do anything except testing and scripting.

What about setting this up so your a dispatcher behind a desk but have a large map on a wall in the dispatch center similar to the mini maps in EM4 but taking it a little further. So when you see a blue dot, it has a small box above it saying 3ADAM1 or something like this. So that is 3A1 is near a attempted robbery you can some hoe send out a radio cal saying "3ADAM1, 3BOB2, respond to attempted robbery in progress at 5th and main." Now ideally I would say you push a button, speak into the mic and say "2ADAM1 respond to (inert problem here)" but that would single out those of us with out a mic making the game/sim useless.

I agree and I think I would like to see a map put in there with stations that you can list the units for, or even import your ownmaps from something like google earth and it'd recognize roads(or you could put them in) and you'd have to mark off your stations of course, as you can't do everywhere, though I think it should come with it's own city with a map and such

It would be cool to have a little map botton in the top right corner that you can click to see postions of emergency units and there stations. Then click another botton on the top part of the map and it will give you the units status. Blue out of service, red on a call, white avalible for call out.

looks awesome

you said anything to make it better:

address has two "d's" lol

i really cant wait for it to come out though.... would you just leave it at that or would in the future actually make a game out of it? cause theres a nifty free German 3D game engine that might suit your needs