Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod by Hoppah

I'm thinking about re-releasing v2.0 and its patch as one combined package to make it easier to install the whole mod. I might add a few features too. I was thinking about ability to repair vehicles at fire stations from the NYC mod. Any other suggestions?

I'm thinking about re-releasing v2.0 and its patch as one combined package to make it easier to install the whole mod. I might add a few features too. I was thinking about ability to repair vehicles at fire stations from the NYC mod. Any other suggestions?

I know there's an updated LAX RA skin bouncing around out there as well as an updated crash tender skin. Contact Xplorer for more info.

Maybe add the tow commands?

You mean the tow commands from the New York mod by MikeyPI? I personally made that script, but it would make the LA Mod even more easier than it already is. Besides that, I'd like to keep some things in the NY Mod only to make sure the mod will not feel like a 1 on 1 copy of the LA Mod (or the other way around).

Practical Ideas:

Just a thought, could you change the FF on the tiller ladder to an invisible object? He seems disproportionate and weird a lot of the time. I think it would look better with just a pipe up on the extended ladder.

Also, maybe some more events on the map?

That's the easier things i can think of implementing.

Less Pratical:

I'd love to see the MCU replaced with the semi-trucks that are used.

A reset command for the equipment trailers

More practical uses for the equipment trailers

Reskin the THW copter to Air 5 and replace the current medical copter.

The LAFD Field Mechanic has a truck similar to the HES, it would be cool if it drove in to repair trucks at the station.

A Rehab Air Tender

Honestly though, I love everything you've ever done and I'm more than content the way it is now.

Having a repair center/garage for all Fire, EMS, Police units would be great.

Suggestions:

Maybe you can couple the tiller and an engine into a light force group that will travel as one, just like how the FDNY Haz-mat travels with the equipment truck in your NY Mod. Just throwing this idea up in the air; I know you want to keep some unique features just for the NY Mod.

Changing the BLS ambulance color scheme to all red, and adding 800 or 900 designation to distinguish it from ALS ambulances.

Other than cosmetic changes (changing to latest vehicle models, revamping lighting), I don't think there is anything else to add to this Mod. You did a pretty good job the first time around.

I think Hoppah was thinking about adding some scripts we did in the NY mod to the LA mod, but I'm pretty sure it's not being revived, since he retired for a reason, and starting so that it's getting totally updated would require restarting the mod almost

Minor Cosmetic changes take ages

Here's an excellent read about the changes effecting the LAFD due to budget cuts. It outlines the closings and reasignments of units and it also has a station directory showing both staffed and unstaffed at all the stations. The abbreviations for each unit are listed at the back of the directory.

http://www.prnc.org/policefiresafety/Implementation-2011-Deploymet%20Plan.pdf

Is there anyway that It will automatically start instead of pressing Modification And choose it and wait until it loads?

during installation you could choice to have a desktop icon and let start the LA Mod automaticly, notice that you will have a black screen while loading, this will be around the same time as when you go to modification and then load the mod.

It is possible as a replacement for the firefighting plane, however it gets a little glitchy with the timer and will still play the noise for the airplane.

I'm sure someone could write a script to overwrite the sound effect, but I've never seen one.

Unfortunately with Hoppah on an extended break it is up to a submod to do it....I gave my files for the LA county firehawk to the LA County submod

Apologies if this has already been posted or if im in the wrong section.. Aussie fireman aren't all that smart *winks*

New computer this week & attempting to re-download the Mod.. Get approx 20% in and I get a message "Error - File not found - Connection Timed out"

Have tried with the same result 3 times now.

Any ideas?

**Edit** - Think this better suits the bug thread? - Will re-post.