ShaneGreen

Los Angeles Mod v1.9.3 SG Submod

Would it be possible to get just the PD parking changes, new vichicles, and personnel changes, but not touch the fire station stet up. I have modified the atation slightly and don't know enough about scripting to reset the original script from the altered script.

Possible? Yes. You just need to alter the firestationstart,firestation and maybe latofirestation scripts to include just the police parts. Should be pretty easy to do. Just look at the scripts from shanes mod and look for references to the police in those script, and include them in the original.

Why not just stop being lazy, get both mods (this and the supervisor) and put them together? Hmm?

Then why dont you do it for him if its so easy? Good luck, cant wait to see your work. :)

i test this mod and is awesome!!!!

Hi Danny96,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you are enjoying the submod. :12:

Good mod, one question though.

When I start the game, everyone loads into their unit. Unfortunately, no commands come up. I cant get anyone to exit the car, or send a unit anywhere, anyone know why.

Edit: Now it works, so I dunno.

Hi Pyrofreak,

In my experience with Emergency 4, I have found that sometimes these sorts of things happen, with no explanation. Perhaps it is something to do with the stability of the game, or perhaps it may be that its get confused with all the extra files of the mods/submods. I am not sure which. What I have found is that when something like that happens, try restarting the game and usually the problem/glitch has gone. I am sorry that I have not got a better answer, but that is what I have found. Thank you for trying the submod, and I hope that it gives you much enjoyment.

Ok question - Is this for the NEW LA MOD MAP that comes with 1.9 that hoppah built - or is it for another map...

TROOPER

Hi Trooper,

The submod has been created based on Hoppah's new map.

However, for anybody that has Emergency 4 Deluxe, the Deluxe Map has also been modified so that it work with that as well.

When I get a bit of time I will also release the files to use the original map instead of Hoppah's new map, for those who want to use the original one.

Take care

Shane

Hi Danny96,

Thank you for your comments. I am glad that you are enjoying the submod. :12:

Hi Pyrofreak,

In my experience with Emergency 4, I have found that sometimes these sorts of things happen, with no explanation. Perhaps it is something to do with the stability of the game, or perhaps it may be that its get confused with all the extra files of the mods/submods. I am not sure which. What I have found is that when something like that happens, try restarting the game and usually the problem/glitch has gone. I am sorry that I have not got a better answer, but that is what I have found. Thank you for trying the submod, and I hope that it gives you much enjoyment.

Hi Trooper,

The submod has been created based on Hoppah's new map.

However, for anybody that has Emergency 4 Deluxe, the Deluxe Map has also been modified so that it work with that as well.

When I get a bit of time I will also release the files to use the original map instead of Hoppah's new map, for those who want to use the original one.

Take care

Shane

I know it is a long shot, but how about the script with woods map as well?

Guest ff503750

Shane,

The mods great, you did a good job. Yes it has a few glitches but I expect that nothing I couldn't fix myself. MY only question is not being to totally familiar with LAFD, why do the Ambulances have 2 FF/Paramedics and no one with a stretcher? Does LA rely on AMR? And how are you suppose to get the AMR people back into the ambo once they transport to the hospital and go back to where their parked?

Again thanks.

Tim

Shane,

The mods great, you did a good job. Yes it has a few glitches but I expect that nothing I couldn't fix myself. MY only question is not being to totally familiar with LAFD, why do the Ambulances have 2 FF/Paramedics and no one with a stretcher? Does LA rely on AMR? And how are you suppose to get the AMR people back into the ambo once they transport to the hospital and go back to where their parked?

Again thanks.

Tim

The reason for 2 medics is for realism. In reality most of the time the medics are not going to grab the stretcher right away. They will asses patient(s) and then grab a stretcher if needed. If you select both medics at once and click the get command, then you will be able to click on the ambulance and get a stretcher.

LA relies mostly on LAFD for there BLS and ALS needs, however, AMR is used to a small extent, and LAFD can turn the call over to AMR. Not sure if theres some sort of rule and regulation on just how much they can turn over to AMR and so forth, and in the event of a mass causality incident like a terror attack, im sure AMR would be just as primary in transport as LAFD would be.

If you need more AMR personnel, sound the alarm for one of the fire stations. I forget which one but it is in the read me file you downloaded with the sub mod.

this mod fully change the mod. Love It! But one question - how you give the new cars to game (FCV2004-02,03,04,05...,SWAT SUV)? I want to add more CV's but I don't know how.

One more question - You add the rappeling script for police helicopter but if you rappel cops down, they have texture of soldier. Can you fix It?

Then why dont you do it for him if its so easy? Good luck, cant wait to see your work. :)

Because they're 2 separate files. Unless they want to come over to my residence and I'll manually do it, all that would happen is I would link to both the downloads and restate what both authors have already said

Sorry for interrupting. I cant download it. When i click the link, it appears "Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL" :cry:

I am assuming you are talking about my website is giving the error? If you are please try again because I just tried and it's working perfectly.

Because they're 2 separate files. Unless they want to come over to my residence and I'll manually do it, all that would happen is I would link to both the downloads and restate what both authors have already said

The unmarked units ubmod, even just the charger itself is more then 2 files once its all said and done. If you install it your going to disable units in Shanes mod, so it takes a bit of work.

Then he wanted the fs traffic lights, so why dont you set that up on the map for him and post it here should others want it. Not to mention that might need to be edited into lafirestation so it doesnt over write shanes changes.

So like i said, take your own advice. Dont be lazy and help him out since you know so much. ;)

Anyways, I wasnt sure if I could start a separate topic for this or not, but I was wondering what everyones favorite park of Shanes awesome work is?

The unmarked units ubmod, even just the charger itself is more then 2 files once its all said and done. If you install it your going to disable units in Shanes mod, so it takes a bit of work.

Then he wanted the fs traffic lights, so why dont you set that up on the map for him and post it here should others want it. Not to mention that might need to be edited into lafirestation so it doesnt over write shanes changes.

So like i said, take your own advice. Dont be lazy and help him out since you know so much. ;)

Anyways, I wasnt sure if I could start a separate topic for this or not, but I was wondering what everyones favorite park of Shanes awesome work is?

.... that was not what I was talking about AT ALL...... :WTF:

I was referring to the person that wanted to merge shanegreens mod with the improved supervisor submod......Where did you get all that?

.... that was not what I was talking about AT ALL...... :WTF:

I was referring to the person that wanted to merge shanegreens mod with the improved supervisor submod......Where did you get all that?

You might want to check again:

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...st&p=114385

He referenced the supervisor, unmarked units, and the traffic light at fs.

The reason for 2 medics is for realism. In reality most of the time the medics are not going to grab the stretcher right away. They will asses patient(s) and then grab a stretcher if needed. If you select both medics at once and click the get command, then you will be able to click on the ambulance and get a stretcher.

LA relies mostly on LAFD for there BLS and ALS needs, however, AMR is used to a small extent, and LAFD can turn the call over to AMR. Not sure if theres some sort of rule and regulation on just how much they can turn over to AMR and so forth, and in the event of a mass causality incident like a terror attack, im sure AMR would be just as primary in transport as LAFD would be.

If you need more AMR personnel, sound the alarm for one of the fire stations. I forget which one but it is in the read me file you downloaded with the sub mod.

The idea for the two medics is good, It just doesn't work good in thee game. THis is because in real life, once the patient's in the ambulance one medic stays in the back and does treatment and the other one drives the bus. In the game though, both medics stay as the stretcher crew and don't heal the victim.

You might want to check again:

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.ph...st&p=114385

He referenced the supervisor, unmarked units, and the traffic light at fs.

You misunderstand me, I said "take this (meaning shanegreens mod) and the improved supervisor....". I did not intend to refer to anything else. I wanted to just get that last portion but forgot to edit it out

Good mod, one question though.

When I start the game, everyone loads into their unit. Unfortunately, no commands come up. I cant get anyone to exit the car, or send a unit anywhere, anyone know why.

Edit: Now it works, so I dunno.

It's the LA mod. It happens to me too occasionally

I know it is a long shot, but how about the script with woods map as well?

Hi whonneb,

It is not a long shot, it is definately not a priority ... but I will probably have a go at it later. :)

Shane,

Again thanks.

Tim

The idea for the two medics is good, It just doesn't work good in thee game. THis is because in real life, once the patient's in the ambulance one medic stays in the back and does treatment and the other one drives the bus. In the game though, both medics stay as the stretcher crew and don't heal the victim.

Hi Tim/firefighter111,

Thanks for you comments. Regarding the 2 paramedics, I find that is more realistic - it is how we do it. If the patient condition is deteriorating when the paramedics get the stretcher, then I will have an extra paramedic from another ambulance or ALS engine or LEV/Hes travel with the patient to keep them stable. That is how it is usually done with seriously injured patients. For those who don't want to spend the extra effort on the detail, I will shortly release the scripts to return the ambulance staffing to 1 paramedic and 1 strether team.

If you wish to re-staff any of the vehicles (police, AMR, etc) except those fire vehicles at Station 2, then you need to alarm Station 1.

this mod fully change the mod. Love It! But one question - how you give the new cars to game (FCV2004-02,03,04,05...,SWAT SUv)? I want to add more CV's but I don't know how.

Hi Danny96,

It is not something that I can easily explain, there are a number of steps to add extra vehicles .... you need to add models, prototypes, unit files, then you need to edit spec files, language files and possibly some scripts as well. There is a tutorial that does explain the process, if I recall correctly.

The Supervisor was changed by someone in an earlier mod and was wandering if you can add that mod with yours. Of course if you get his permission and Hoppahs too. Its just an idea. Maybe you can come up with a new Supervisor.

There has been quite a bit of discussion about adding other submod changes. At this point in time I have no intention of adding any other submods (I am sorry), there a many things to consider before I look at those sorts of changes. Also it will alway depend on the permission of the creator.

Regarding the Supervisors audio/video files, this will definately not be added to this Submod. Some of you may/may not realise that the supervisor changes are made to the original game directory and will effect every mod and the original game. My submod addresses changes to the Los Angeles Mod only and does not alter any original game files.

Take care, and thankyou all for your interest in this submod.

Shane