Stan

Windows 7

Are you going to buy it?

I have a copy of Windows 7 but have yet to install it. I have Vista 64 bit on my system and dualed it with the Windows 7 RC for the past few months.

My experience has shown that Windows 7 is a better fit for me. I found that Vista 64 bit tends to bog down my system and with Windows 7 RC, I was getting almost double frame rates of Vista on the same system.

So i am looking forward to getting the time to install soon.

Take care

Shane

I will be ordering my copy soon, just wait to see if the price goes down a little ;)

If your worried about the price you should have pre ordered. The original presale price for 7 Home Premium was $50, its now double that, so dont expect a price drop very soon. Maybe, just maybe one for x-mas but i dont see it happening.

ordered it dont have it yet. But i already worked with it for a full month and i must say it works good:) better then security bugged vista

And what was so bad about vista? Dont give me excuses you heard, but from your own experience.

Just order a copy of Windows 7 Home premium for the wife and my desktop. I be install it along with the new video cards this weekend as I expect it be delivered by new egg some time this week.

Im running 7 Premium RTM x64 and if HP will ever ship the disk, my girlfriends laptop will be running 7 when the disk comes. I love how win 7 was free with a new laptop but yet you have to pay about $12 in shipping for something that costs MAYBE $5 to ship. They want to make profit from the shipping? Fine charge an extra $2 not an extra $7.

Great article comparing Win XP,Vista and 7. 7 out performs vista in almost every test. Not by leaps and bounds but still nice to see an improvement.

http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.aspx?i=3666

Guest mrpolice1996
Ive got windows 7 and i must say im not too pleased with it, there doesnt seem to be any difference just thats its slower, alot doesnt work with it and its quite confusing, but ill wait and see what happens because all systems have teething problems :)

james

What did you have before it?