Officer Jake

TO: HOPPAH

hmm sorry, i just gave the image link nothing else

La does have one

LAPD bomb squad---- http://www.lapdonline.org/home/content_basic_view/6526

bomb trailer=3rd from bottom on left ----------- this is what i was talking about before

Bomb truck= bottom right pic

Plus there is a forklift to pick up vehicles with bombs in them-

forklift------first ones left + right

-Jake :police:

I think the CAD idea would be the greatest, you would have a list of maybe five to ten calls waiting/holding in addition to the incoming calls. You would be constantly busy going from call to call. Lets face it, there is not much else you can do to this game beside adding more units and a few more commands. With the CAD function, you could have delayed assualts, missing kids/adults, minor auto accidents, retail thefts, if these are possible to add that is to the map/game that is.

That's Las Vegas not Los Angeles so even if someone did make a submod out of it they wouldn't be allowed to release it.

Unless they have the same ones in LA.

Please work on your wording before you tell someone what they can and can't do.

If they make the models completely on their own they can release it even if it is the LAS area and not the LAX area. How ever, if they used already made models and simply re-skinned them OR edited them in minor ways, then there might be a general issue.

It's a massive pet-peeve of mien when people go off saying "No you can't do this or that" when there is not enough information to clearly state that. If they want to make their own models and release them they are more than welcome to. State your intentions clearly and don't give people the wrong impression. Many a time have I read on this forum where someone has wanted to make their own models but someone says no simply because they don't know what they're talking about.

In all honesty, someone could release a website of reskins if they wanted to, your inability not to do it here is strictly a rule by the management of the site as a mean of quality control. Hoppah of course wants to maintain the integrity of his models and treats them as a copyright under basic common-law and right of author practice. If another person wants to release Vegas style vehicles for LA mod thats completely up to the masses to accept them to reject them by the way of downloads.

-SirMoo-

I'm only saying what it says here.

I have strict rules what people may and may not release. I will absolutely NOT allow complete reskins of my mod. That includes reskins of units outside of Los Angeles (County). Some other things, like adding unrealistic things won't get an approval too. I have no problems with reskinned vehicles which still respresent Los Angeles County, because they might actually add something to the mod. NYPD patrol cars - for example - have nothing to do with the Los Angeles mod.

Basically if it's a submod of the LA mod it must be fairly realistic and not use fictitious units or ones that aren't used in LA.

I'm pulling us off topic with this but that statement is debate able. It reads that re-skins of NYPD patrol cars are not allowed, not additional models. What I was merly saying is that the guy did not state that he was going to re-skin. He could have been meaning making his own model ( benefit of the doubt? ). He could then release it as "LVMPD Swat ( Made for LA MOD )". Now, weather it gets Hoppah's blessing would depend. But please don't discourage people from making modifications and crush them before they even fully state their intentions or their knowledge to know how to do such. We already have a lack of skillful people who can make a real model.