Chris3281

Post your recent call

Just got a call about a preson trapped in the cave for my sector, responded. When I found him his leg was cought in a hole, all he had to do was take off his shoe LOL, thought it would have been somthing worse.

Just got a call about a preson trapped in the cave for my sector, responded. When I found him his leg was cought in a hole, all he had to do was take off his shoe LOL, thought it would have been somthing worse.

2 Sperate calls, same thing? :s:P

This morning, we had Lake Effect Snow off Lake Erie, so we got 3 or 4 MVC's (Motor-Vehicle Collision's) between 0800 and 1030. It sucks in Fort Erie because we have 6 Stations, each with a minimum Pump and Rescue. But, Stations 2 and 5 don't have Rescues. They have Heavy Rescues. They perform as Light Rescues unless needed as a Heavy Rescue, for elevator entrapments, MVCs, etc. Well, all 3 or 4 MVCs were on the highway, and a Highway MVC calls for 1 Pump for Fire Suppression, 1 Rescue/Heavy Rescue for First Aid, a Heavy Rescue for Auto Extrication, and another Pump, which is to respond with two men only to be a 'blocker truck.' On top of that, Fort Erie Fire is 'Part-Time.' They pass as volunteer, but get something to the effect of $13.75 an hour on call. Not bad money. So, the first Accident was on the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) Toronto bound at Gilmore Road. They found a single-vehicle roll-over, no injuries, no extrication, they cleared. Well, Heavy Rescue 2, on their way back to the hall, found another roll-over, and had to stop for that. Same as above, Property Damage Only (PDO).

So, they clear, get back to the hall, probably have JUST enough time to get home, and BAM! another Roll-over on the QEW, this one just a mile or so before the second. :P And, same deal. Pump 1, Rescue 1, Pump 2 as a blocker, Heavy Rescue 2. Well, exact same situation, Pump 1 and Heavy Rescue 2 get there, Rescue 1 and Pump 2 stood down en route, PDO. The other 1 or 2 I missed, but I know happened... I heard the sirens :P

So, in all, Station 2 (with 5 men on Heavy Rescue 2 twice, 2 on Pump 2 the first time, and 4 the second), logged 16 manpower hours, just on the first two calls, and that cost the tax-payers of Fort Erie $220 assuming Firefighters get paid 13.75 an hour :P

Police Chase just ended. Listened in on the scanner after I heard a cop blast the siren a few times, kills siren and floored it down the street as theres about 2 miles to the next stop light. Evansville PD, Vanderburgh County Sheriffs office, and Indiana State Police were in pursuit.

Chase started on I164, Stop Stick went out at an interchange. Suspect took the off ramp to avoid the sticks and went right back up on I164. He headed to the highway 41 interchange and took the exit to proceed to Henderson,KY. Dispatch notified EPD and VCSD to back down if it went into Kentucky. They did not tell ISP to back down. Henderson PD and probably Kentucky Vehicle Enforcement as there is a Weigh Station semis there. One of the Indiana departments was able to get stop sticks covering both lanes of HWY41 just north of the State line where they got him.

It was for a stolen car I believe. Chase lasted atleast 10 minuets.

Confirmed commercial structure fire!

My Town:

-Engine 1, Tower 1, Engine 2, Rescue 1, Squad 51, EMS 2.

-Engine 3 stay at station in case of any fire calls elsewhere.

-Red 6, Red 7, Red 1, all respond (These are official's vehicles (Chief, deputy Chief))

Mutual Aid:

-From Town 1, we have 1 engine report to fire scene, and ladder report to our station to respond with engine 3 to other calls.

-From town 2 we have 1 engine report to scene, 1 ambulance report to scene.

-Engine 2 establishing fire scene command,

-EMS 2 establishing Medical Command.

I'll have updates for you guys soon.

I'll have updates for you guys soon.

Is this a current active incident?

**Edit** well, the Fort Erie/Buffalo area is supposed to get some pretty good rains today, changing to snow overnight. So, I'm fully expecting the rain to freeze on the tree branches and power lines, causing the ever overwhelming downed power lines calls. I excpect Buffalo will recall at least ONE platoon, and Fort Erie will probably call all available Firefighters to their respective stations to man the trucks... I'm sure I'll have LOTS of good calls for ya'll tommorow, provided my power is still on :P

well here in lower new york we have some bit of snow(about 5 inches) and now a little freezing rain....i woke up and turned my pager to the county feed and in 30 minutes there were 17 accidents including 2 in my district

1) one car into a guard rail on the highway beacon rescue 33-55, glenham rescue engine 42-12, beacon volunteer ambulance 82-72 and trans-care fly car 302 responded. One entrapment. victim sent ALS to hospital.

2) 2 car accident in an intersection. Beacon rescue 33-55, Beacon engine 33-11, Beacon volunteer ambulance 82-73 and trans-care fly car 302 responded. Victims were evaluated and deemed ok and stable.

well here in lower new york we have some bit of snow(about 5 inches) and now a little freezing rain....i woke up and turned my pager to the county feed and in 30 minutes there were 17 accidents including 2 in my district

1) one car into a guard rail on the highway beacon rescue 33-55, glenham rescue engine 42-12, beacon volunteer ambulance 82-72 and trans-care fly car 302 responded. One entrapment. victim sent ALS to hospital.

2) 2 car accident in an intersection. Beacon rescue 33-55, Beacon engine 33-11, Beacon volunteer ambulance 82-73 and trans-care fly car 302 responded. Victims were evaluated and deemed ok and stable.

it snowed overnight here, <1 inch, but it rained for about an hour from 0700 to 0800, its supposed to start raining again anytime now, then continue thourgh midnight-ish, and up to 9 inches of snow on top of the ice from the rain.. *claps hands* YAY!!!! :P lmao... and good luck staying warm and dry bsbllthirteen.. and keep the greasy side down :)

it snowed overnight here, <1 inch, but it rained for about an hour from 0700 to 0800, its supposed to start raining again anytime now, then continue thourgh midnight-ish, and up to 9 inches of snow on top of the ice from the rain.. *claps hands* YAY!!!! :P lmao... and good luck staying warm and dry bsbllthirteen.. and keep the greasy side down :)

it nice and warm her at the station all of us volunteers are playing some madden and Call of Duty waiting for the next call

Well, this is not in my town, I just heard this on my scanner:

There is a multi-vehicle accident involving 2 school busses and 1 SUV. One bus is blocking traffic in both directions, and the other bus is on fire. All children have been safely evacuated, and are sitting on the side of the road awaiting the police and EMS to be medically checked out, and get other info, (to call their parents I assume). 2 drivers will be transported to a nearby hospital.

Reminds me of Evansville lat year. They said we'd get little or no snow accumulation. HA! It rained for like a day before it snowed, and it was right around freezing temps then. But then we got a mix of snow and ice that cause a huge winter storm. National Guard was called out to "play soldier boy" as my neighbor in the NG puts it. The interstate bypass was shut down and the cops and such were sliding off the interstate just trying to block the roads. I talked to a county FF not to long ago who said there were so many tree limbs down in the area, they pretty much had to rely on there brush truck to make runs. Parts of the area remained with out power for a week.

Police Chase just ended. Listened in on the scanner after I heard a cop blast the siren a few times, kills siren and floored it down the street as theres about 2 miles to the next stop light. Evansville PD, Vanderburgh County Sheriffs office, and Indiana State Police were in pursuit.

Chase started on I164, Stop Stick went out at an interchange. Suspect took the off ramp to avoid the sticks and went right back up on I164. He headed to the highway 41 interchange and took the exit to proceed to Henderson,KY. Dispatch notified EPD and VCSD to back down if it went into Kentucky. They did not tell ISP to back down. Henderson PD and probably Kentucky Vehicle Enforcement as there is a Weigh Station semis there. One of the Indiana departments was able to get stop sticks covering both lanes of HWY41 just north of the State line where they got him.

It was for a stolen car I believe. Chase lasted atleast 10 minuets.

Lol so from the sounds of the scanner, they got him just before he reached KY, but the Newspaper claims he made it into KY, and made it about 20-30 min into KY. Now I know for sure they said he hit the stop sticks so it seems a bit far fetched to me he would make it 20-30 min after hitting a spike strip.

Reminds me of Evansville lat year. They said we'd get little or no snow accumulation. HA! It rained for like a day before it snowed, and it was right around freezing temps then. But then we got a mix of snow and ice that cause a huge winter storm. National Guard was called out to "play soldier boy" as my neighbor in the NG puts it. The interstate bypass was shut down and the cops and such were sliding off the interstate just trying to block the roads. I talked to a county FF not to long ago who said there were so many tree limbs down in the area, they pretty much had to rely on there brush truck to make runs. Parts of the area remained with out power for a week.

We had something like that here in '06. We got, oh, probably 2 or three hours of heavy reain, that turned into sleet and wet snow for about 4 hours, and then we got 36 hours of pure snow. It was intense :D

Lol so from the sounds of the scanner, they got him just before he reached KY, but the Newspaper claims he made it into KY, and made it about 20-30 min into KY. Now I know for sure they said he hit the stop sticks so it seems a bit far fetched to me he would make it 20-30 min after hitting a spike strip.

If that guy made it half an hour after a stop stick, he's my hero :P

Nothing spectacular in the past weeks. Only call was a false alarm in a parking garage. It's a new garage and it leaks everywhere. When the water comes in the fire detection system the alarm goes off. We have to go there at least three times a week. I'm on tonight, so maybe we will get something more whorthwile mentioning. I'll keep you posted.

So, as I finished reading pyrothijs' post, the Fort Erie Tones when off, then the Station 4 tone. Fort Erie Tanker 4's going into Port Colborne on Mutual Aid to a very (locally) famous bar, for a structure fire. No doubt its going to call more Fort Erie Apparatus; it's -9 Celsius (15 Farenheit), with winds out of the West at 31 Km/h (21 M/h), wind chills -19C (-2F), and there's a foot of snow on the roads... this ought to be interesting :):P

Edit: They've just added Fort Erie Tanker 5 to the call. That's both of Fort Erie's Tankers into Port Colborne. Time for Tanker 4 was approx 04:25 (toned out), and Tanker 5 Toned out at 04:51

Edit #2: Ok, well, its been 3 hours now that the Tankers have gone out, and, surprisingly, no other Fort Erie Fire trucks have gone. From what I've heard (people already know about it) Welland Fire/Rescue has been called in, and Wainfleet Fire/Rescue is manning the empty Station. It makes no sense, because Fort Erie's closer than both Wainfleet and Welland. But, Welland is Full-Time, and Wainfleet is a District of Port Colborne, so, I suppose, in all, it made sense ;)

Well, we did had a call yesterday. We were alarmed for a small garage on fire. The garage was attached to a house so two engines and a ladder were alarmed. But when we arrived at the garage it was already out. There was almost no flammable material in the garage. So all we had to do was blow the smoke out of the house and after that we could go to sleep.

In Police radio talk there are things called 9 codes and 10 codes which is used primarailly to communicate with Other officers and dispatch/county.

Usually these codes stand for something

9 Codes-

[...]

Police 10 codes- Used to report a responding unit/ cancel call/ in service/ etc.. ex: Dispatch Unit 55-27 10-01 (in service)

[...]

dont think i missed any :)

I believe that the "9 codes" are actually the law code, Like in CA. Officers are dispatched to a 211, code 10-01, theft in progress. And the problem with a list of 10 codes is that every PD uses a different set. Like Columbus PD has 10-20 as the officers location.

saturday...vehicle accident with entrapment..upon arrival found a ranger overturned onto the roof heavy damage patient compartment collapsed ...removed the passenger door and windshield for extrication.later that night, ran a working dwelling fire pd on scene heavy flames from the second story...this morning multiple mvas due to an ice storm

Current as of posting:

FE Pump 1, Pump 2, Rescue 1, Heavy Rescue 2, Ladder 1,

100 Queen Street,

Customs Canada Building,

Odour Investigation

Car 2 responded, they're having trouble figuring out which building it is; as its a complex...

more to come

Edit: Held with Car 2, Pump 1 and Ladder 1, Rescue 1 stood down en route, Pump 2, Heavy Rescue 2 cleared scene by Command (Car 2), found to be a broken belt on a heating unit on the roof, Ladder 1's aerial used to gain access to it. Pump 1, Ladder 1 Ventilating, building maintenance changing belt