Chris3281

Post your recent call

So, what is it the fire fighters do? Do they wait a block away before going to the station to get the truck? Nope. 10 or 12 guys go into the Station, put their gear on, and 6 of them jump in the Pump. The rest, they stay in the building in case they need the Rescue. So, Pump 1 responds from 119 Bertie St to 119 Bertie St, but, they have to follow protocol. So, they drive around they block, and stage at the corner, waiting for police to clear the building they just left.

You killed me... :1046275767_ugly:

I bet if they dont followed protocol and SOMETHING happend they would be in big trouble.

You killed me... :1046275767_ugly:

I bet if they dont followed protocol and SOMETHING happend they would be in big trouble.

Haha.. I'm glad you liked it :D

And yeah, thats why they had to do it. They got in sh*t as is, for entering the Station. The Chief's changing the CAD now, so that if that ever happens again, then the next due Station gets the run :P

Child stuck in a tree.... This should be interesting. I want to know why a kid is stuck in a tree at 1:15AM, I guess I'll find it in a few minutes.

EDIT: Cancelled before we even responded, child was assisted down by PD. I guess the tree wasn't as tall as the caller said it was.

Child stuck in a tree.... This should be interesting. I want to know why a kid is stuck in a tree at 1:15AM, I guess I'll find it in a few minutes.

EDIT: Cancelled before we even responded, child was assisted down by PD.

haha thats awesome! gotta love those late night climbers eh?

Also.. how did PD assist him/her down? 9mm slug? Tazer? you be the judge :):P

Current Call (00:40 hrs, EST) in Buffalo, NY

**Alarm Of Fire**

1803 Bailey,

Between Schue, and Walden,

E 31, E22, E28,

L14, L15, L6 FASTeam,

Rescue 1,

F20, F7,

B4-3, B5-6

CH2,

T/O: 00:35

E31: On location, 2 1/2 Storey Wood Frame vaccant, heavy smoke from snd floor, laying in an inch-and-three-quarters line

B4-3: Corrected Address; 1805 Bailey, 2 1/2 frame vaccant, going defensive, rear is fully involved on first and second floors

B5-6: On scene, assuming Bailey Command, Requesting PD for traffic, and outside electric. Dispatch to announce that the fire is a deffensive operation.

(more to follow in an edit)

[Edit]

02:14 hrs:

Command Terminated, B4-3 in service, returning to Channel 1, Companies on scene (E31, L14, F9) picking up, will call in as available.

I appologize, I missed the run-down :(

[Edit] I would like to inform all reading this that at approx. 0700 same day, a Preliminary Signal was dispatched to that location for a flare-up of the rear of the structure. Engines 31 and 22, Ladder 14 and B4-3 handled and extinguished in roughly half an hour/forty-five minutes [/Edit]

(yet ) Another Buffalo Fire for y'all

138 Montana

Between Genesee and E. Ferry,

E31, E22, E33,

L14, L6, L7 FASTeam

R1,

F20, F7,

B4-3, B5-6,

Channel 2,

T/O: 05:31 Hrs Bflo Fire

05:34 = E31 O/L, Smoke Showing, layin in an Inch-and-three-quarters

More to follow in edit :D

[1st Edit] 2 storey wood frame, Fire on 2nd floor, reporting all occupants are out [/1st Edit]

[2nd Edit] Rundown:

138 Montana,

2 1/2 Storey Wood Frame Residential, occupied,

Fire on the 2nd floor, extended into the attic,

Used three 1 3/4" hand-lines, 50' ground ladder, one attic ladder,

$15,000 Damage to the building,

$10,000 to the Contents,

Cause is under investigation, but probable to be Improper Use of Electrical Heating Appliances,

B5-6 (Division Chief) In service, returning to Channel 1, B4-3 (Battalion Chief) Has Command

**Note, one fire fighter from an unknown company having a finger laceration cared for by Rural/Metro**

06:17 Hrs

[/2nd Edit]

We have not responded yet, we are waiting for fire department to investigate, but report of a smoke condition in the gym at the high school.

Engine 1, Engine 2, Tower 1, Squad 51, Red 7, available PD units respond, Medics and BLS ambulance standby at our station.

Are you a Medic or on the BLS?

I'm on the BLS, and we never responded. The cause was something related to a heater, I didn't hear all of it, but the building was quickly ventilated and the school's heating system was deactivated.

Nice :D Gald everyone came back in one piece :)

[Edit] Yet another Buffalo Fire :D

547 Sycamore,

Between Adams and Grey,

E3, E21, E32,

L6, L5, L2 FASTeam,

R1,

F20, F9,

B4-3, B5-6,

CH2,

T/O: 15:45 hrs

Food on the Stove, went down to 1 and 1 ( 1 Engine, 1 Truck).

RIGHT after the Alarm of Fire went out, there was a Preliminary Signal (Investigation/Possible Fire):

P.S.:

2090 Elmwood,

Between Hertel and Hinman,

E36, E38,

L13,

B4-7,

At Aldi Foods,

Commercial Fire Alarm Activation

E36 O/L reporting malicious pull, will reset box

Just to keep this going :)

There've been 3 or 4 EMS Calls during these 10 minutes as well :P

[/Edit]

There was a water rescue in the Ohio River last night. EFD and EPD responded as well as AMR.

About 5 or so EPD.

1 Ladder

2 Engines

1 Rescue Truck w/ Dive Rescue Trailer.

2 BCs

1 Brush Truck w/ EFDs Water Rescue Boat

About 4 EFD Divers

2 AMR Ambulances

1 Contract Tow Truck

1 Contract Heavy Rescue Crane

The entire operation lasted over 3 hours. A 27 year old female drove a Chevy Colorado down the exit ramp for the river front plaza and in to the water. It was about 40* F outside and about 11PM.

EFD rescued her and crews were able to revive her. Rescue operations took about 20 minuets to 30 minutes. Rumor is it took emergency crews about 20 minuets to get there. I find that hard to believe, but thats what I was told by some one who talked to the eye witnesses.

I do know that the Divers were told they did not have time to suit up on land. Divers had to suit up on the boat. Judging by radio transmission this was not standard procedure.

Salvage operations on the other hand took over 2 hours. Granted there was no longer a life at stake but 2+ hours? Better safe then sorry but surley in nearly freezing conditions they would have wanted to get out of there as quick as possible. The rivers been a dumping ground for stolen cars for years anyways so I was surprised they got the truck out.

2/3 police cars in the fleet, the BLS ambulance, Paramedics, and Engine 1 standby 2 blocks out, responding to a Gang fight, shots fired.

Guess what, my town doesn't have gangs, it was somebody who thought it would be hilarious to prank call the police with that. The police didn't find it as funny as the caller did, neither was the Fire Chief who rode on Engine 1 for this call.

Probably the most exciting one this week:

Well, I was walking around LVFD Station 1, bored to death, when Larry_Lawless decided to do water training. We did three water rescues, two from a dock, and one jumping off a huge bridge. After that, we had a three car MVA before a brush fire...yes it was training but its the only recent thing :P