Chris3281

Post your recent call

I was on my way home from a class at my local training center/911 center, and after about a mile traffic backed up, as I approached the intersection, I noticed a car running in the middle of the lane, as I pulled around it, I noticed the driver was either asleep or passed out at the wheel, but I couldn't stop since I was in traffic. So i grabbed my portable which I almost always have in my car, and called out to the county dispatch, (OC911) "Orange 911 to unit calling go ahead", (Me) "911, I need a PD unit to the intersection of Hatfield Lane and 17A for a vehicle in the middle of the road, driver appears to be asleep.", (OC911)"Unit calling, negative copy", (Me) "I need a Goshen PD unit to the intersection of Hatfield Lane and 17A for a vehicle running in the middle of the road, drive appears to be asleep.), (OC911) "I copy Goshen PD to Hatfield Lane, 17A, what's the reason?", (Me) "There is a vehicle in the middle of the road, driver appears to be asleep.", (OC911) "Received, will do." After having that entire conversation with them, I went home and listened to the play back from the computer program I have for my scanner, and although there was a bit of static, I could understand what I was saying. That's just my rant against dispatchers, I feel that if I'm about a mile away calling on a repeater frequency, I shouldn't have to repeat my self 3 times.

That's just my rant against dispatchers, I feel that if I'm about a mile away calling on a repeater frequency, I shouldn't have to repeat my self 3 times.

lol I got a rant like that for you. One night I stepped out on my balcony to smoke about 5 AM or so as I heard some commotion out side and hadnt had a smoke for a bit anyways. Well I was led to believe there had been some car break ins in the area recently. Well there are two shitheads mashing a tv in the parking lot. I said WTF, and i think they heard me and took off running. There was glass smashed all over the parking lot. Well I assumed it was kids just being kids BUT with recent break ins I wanted to report it just to be safe. Long story short I told dispatch twice they were smashing a tv between this address and that address. She asks which direction where they heading. I said south past the office. Well I was just about to come in when I seen a cop car speed through the parking lot. He loops around twice and then stops and gets out to walk up towards the office. I walk over there and tell him I called it in, and what happened. He told me that the dispatcher told him that they broke in to the office and stole a tv. Even though the office didnt come up until I mentioned which direction they headed.

I know LOL. I wonder if there's a scanner site for my area... :gruebel:

Try www.radioreference.com or m.radioreference.com from your mobile phone.

Off Duty, but still right out side my old district. Waste transfer station caught fire due to car fire. Intial page apprx:4:15pm Still burning at 0900 this morning, Cantained with defensive attack only at the moment. Water was every hard to find in this area, they didnt have a hydrent till aproxx 40 min benchmark. Here are some pics.

bradley-rd_10_29_10.jpg

100_1152.jpg

100_1151.jpg

100_1149.jpg

100_1143.jpg

100_1142.jpg

100_1141.jpg

100_1139.jpg

100_1137.jpg

Lol, Actually Fountain's Tower is just that, a tower. I wish it was a Quint. Funny thing is almost ever ladder in Colorado is a quint. Yea it got that big in about 7 mins after it started.

Update: It has yet to be put out, and the large building has had some calapse

My last call was Investigation. Someone threw a molotov cocktail type bottle and put out the flames himself. By the time we got there, the guy was gone and we waited for the Fire Marshal to pick up evidence.