Chris3281

Post your recent call

lol at above poster. I have had a diff breathing call today. its amazing what solumederol does.

and a poss. overdose turned out was just a suicide threat. she dumped the pills from one bottle into another to look like she had taken them all to scare her fiance.

well lol. im quoting my own post. because i had another poss. overdose at the same address and same apt number today lmao. im greeted at the door by the patient from a few days ago lol she is like. Its not me this time.(im like here we go again) this time its her friend. she actually went through with it though and took 20 trazadone. too bad 20 trazadone wont kill you. just makes you vommit EVERYWHERE lol for about an hour.

i want a stamp so when people do this i can stamp their forehead and it will say SUICIDE FAIL

i want a stamp so when people do this i can stamp their forehead and it will say SUICIDE FAIL

lol

Hit and run, officer spotted it. Suspects fled and ditched the car bout half mile down the road. Circled back towards the scene on foot and jumped into the low are of a loading dock. Cop saw it and said it might be them. Sure enough K-9 tracked them down. Both juveniles. Driving a stolen car. Correction it was "unlawful operation." Not sure if it become a full fledged auto theft though. I think one went to Juvie and the other was release to his grandmother who I assume was the legal guardian.

Had a hazmat call earlier today at a nearby school today, apparently some sort of chemical was spilled and got on 2 diffrent kids arms, who both had an allergic reaction to the liquid, as well as another child who got it in his eyes, in a report I saw the childs eyes were bleeding. I beleve 1 was released from the hospital, but the other 2 are in the hospital.

I have been pretty busy on my 12 hour shift. did a 2 car MVA took 2 folks to the hospital with head neck and back pain(got to use our new ferno powerflexx cots which are ******&* amazing lol. makes moving and lifting people so nice and easy. no more straining your back.

Then I had an unconciouss unreasonsive call. turned out to be a prescription med overdose.

then bout 20min before shift end I had a CP diff breathing call.

was busy didnt get dinner till 10.

3 calls may not seem like alot but when the hospital is 20 min away each call takes about 2 hours lol

btw, POWERFLEXX's FTW lol

Guest matt31896

Last night I was at a japanise resturant named Kim's with my buddies and when we left there was a car fire in the parking lot. Foam was everywhere! Once FD left me and my buddies had a foam fight. It was awsome, then a car crashed across the road 5 minutes later, but they all got out, more pissed at the driver that cut them off than the crash. That was a fun/scary night :D !

this morning we had a forcible entry drill....it started at 1000 hours and we were supposed to go to a neighboring department to use there forcible entry door simulator at about 1130 hours.......we got there at about 1245 hours lol...here is why.....at about 1030 hours we got a call for smoke in the basement at a private dwelling......turns out to be a furnace malfunction.........we go back in service and sit down and continue the drill when another alarm comes in at about 1050 hours....automatic fire alarm at our only high rise on the fifth floor with smoke showing.....our dreams were shattered once again and it was burnt food on the stove......and as im writing this another call came in for a 16 year old male vomiting blood....that was my day lol

(In regards Powerflex cot)

$9950 worth of kit? Tasty.

completely and totally worth it. we got 2 for $16k. and they make moving people like pie man. they have handles near the buttons so its meant to be used with two people on the ends and i love just lifting fat asses up and down knowing im not hurting my back haha.

they are also more cost effective for the ambulance service in the long run as 2 cots cost 16k and 1 back surgery could cost 75k and you may never get that employee back.

oh yeah lol. I also had a call today. Just a boring sick person call though.

i love just lifting fat asses up and down.

you know your childish when you laugh at Reading that bit :P

I got a call today :happy: except it was just the NHS doing a checkup on records and wanted to know if I've ever smoked or tried smoking.

Useless content isrelevant to thread, lol.

Responded on a 78 yr. old female, complains of Abdominal pain. Vitals were mildly elevated, but nothing to concerning. Did a full Gynelecological history with nothing prevlant. G8, P6, A2. Pt. stated that she did have a histectomy preformed after last pregancy. After transporting to the local ED, we find out that she is 30 weeks pregant. What a lovely surprise for her.

Got a dispatch to an EMS call today as a woman, difficulty breathing, changing colors (not turning blue, but changing colors). So responding were all going wtf, and figuring the county 911 was somehow involved in this, (when they give you a run, you usually have to check a map first and make sure the call's in your district and that the location really exists before you go on it.), but then the medic unit signed on and they got it as abdominal pain, which maid sense, so we get to the adress, and it finally hits me that I've been there before, and one of the residents doesn't speak english. So we get inside and of course it the 70 something non-english speaking lady, and her husband's no where to be seen. So as soon as we walk in she starts trying to undress and were trying to get her to stop, but we really can't since she doesn't speak english. So finally we get her on the cot and wheel her out the apartment door, and she becomes hysterical, which we can't figure out because again, she doesn't speak english, so finally we get into the rig, and ass soon as we start our work up, our pagers go off for two more calls in the district. So at that point, we get ordered by our lieutenant to take the quick ride to the hospital and do a quick turn around, and take one of the calls, so luckily we have an uneventful ride and we get her into the ER. So the admitting nurse comes into the room with us and the EMT's giving her report, and as we move the cot close to the bed, this woman litteraly did a little jump and the tucked and rolled onto the ER bed, and almost went off the other side. And then of course, the woman went back to the state of mind she was in at her home, and started taking off her clothes again, at which point we left. When we brought in our second patient, we looked in on her, and sure enough, she was still trying to take off her clothes. I think it was funnier in person, but I thought I would post it anyway.

busy early morning and day....

1) transformer expolded 3:00 am .........33-11, 33-12, 33-45, 82-73 responded

2) ems run-chest pains 3:50 am

3) pump out-flooded basement/backyard 9:15 am (pump is still there and will remain there until tomarrow morning)....33-11, 33-12 responded

4) ems run- difficulty breathing 12:30 pm.......33-12, 33-45 82-72, flycar 302 responded

5) wires down 1:00 pm........33-12, 33-45 responded

6) tree fell on wires 1:45 pm.......33-11, 33-45 responded

7) pump out-flooded basement 7:00pm.........33-12 responded

8) pump out- flooded basement 8:10 pm........33-12 responded

thats it so far today...and yes we had some very crappy weather today about 2-3 inches of rain and 30-40 mph winds....it has calmed down now

EDIT: 9) ems run- abdominal pain-victim outside there house in a car 10:53pm......33-11, 33-45, 82-73, flycar 302 responded

3) pump out-flooded basement/backyard 9:15 am (pump is still there and will remain there until tomarrow morning)....33-11, 33-12 responded

7) pump out-flooded basement 7:00pm.........33-12 responded

8) pump out- flooded basement 8:10 pm........33-12 responded

Sounds like the housing your way could do with some stilts :P

Nothing to exciting hear but VERY BUSY mostly along the interstate. We have a slight dusting of snow and they have worked prolly 15 or so slide offs, 2 MVAs and one commercial break in alarm in about 30 minuets or so.

@LMAO, "You cant cure stupidity" quoted from an officer or deputy. One deputy was headed to another MVA and said there was 2 more cars off the road.

Also some guy drove past an officer/deputy and flung mud all up on his cruiser and hit a guard rail in the process. I believe it may have flipped a few times to.

Totals up to about 30 slide offs.

We had 2 medicals yesterday, one VSA, and one unconsious person at a Bingo Hall. Both cases ended up being transported out ouf town with 2 fire fighters on board the Ambulance. Our Emergency Room in Fort Erie was shut down in Dec. due to a "lack of need." Now, this is really screwing the taxpayers of Fort Erie, because now a Fire Truck has to be taken out of service to follow the ambulance 20 minutes up the highway at 100km/h to pick up the two fire fighters. Good lord I hate the government in my area right now.......