Chris3281

Post your recent call

Sounds like it's all going off your neck of the woods

There was 3 domestic violence calls all in about a 15 minute time frame earlier.

More slide offs to. Most are outside city limits. PD/SD/ISP is to the point there just making sure people are ok, and so long as there not a traffic hazard there leaving them there.

Girl that works in my apt complex has her house broken in to. Well funny thing is she told me where she lives "isnt the best neighborhood, but it isnt the worse" but yet she pretty much lives in the worst part of town. All there electronics were stolen, and video footage of there children was taken in the processes.

I guess this 20*F and below temps and 2inches of snow are making people crazy. Its not usually like this.

Ok today we had our 'After Christmas, After New Years Party' and half of our department is wasted so they cant respond to any calls...so about 10 oclock we get a call for an AFA...so as we were responding we had to make a turn and there was a car that needed to back up so we can make the turn......well lets just say he backed up too much and hit another car...so we make sure the accident wasnt serious..which it wasnt so we continue to the call....so it turns out to be nothing..thank god...and on our way back a cop stops us and asked us about the car that caused the accident....so it turns out that the guy hit the car and just drove away haha epic night

HAHA gotta love hit and run drivers eh?

But, today, Fort Erie got their new Pumper (2) into service. I spent the majority of my night at the hall checkin this beauty out. Then, as they were about to go for (another) spin, they got a call. The Pump didn't get it, but the Heavy Rescue. They had an auto accident, single vehicle vs. pole. It was odd, watching the Pump back into their bay as the Heavy Rescue pulled out. Kinda funny...

What kinda truck did you guys get?

Lifeflight was called out the other night. Victim crashed a 4 wheeler and it rolled on top of him several times. Cant recall his stats but it was bad from the sounds of it. He had a trach(sp?), bruised ribs, he was unconscious on arrival, and woke up in flight and became combative so he had to be sedated.

What kinda truck did you guys get?

Lifeflight was called out the other night. Victim crashed a 4 wheeler and it rolled on top of him several times. Cant recall his stats but it was bad from the sounds of it. He had a trach(sp?), bruised ribs, he was unconscious on arrival, and woke up in flight and became combative so he had to be sedated.

Well, this is our new Rescues, 3 and 6 have these, 1 and 4 are similar, but older. Pump 2 is very similar to Pump 4 (the only differance is Pump 2 has 2 additional side scene lights. You can see Pump 4 on FEFD Station 2's website

Also, right now:

Alarm of Fire (Buffalo)

In the area of Kensington and Northhumberland,

E23, E33, E34,

L7, L14, L6 FASTeam,

R1,

F20, F9,

B47, B56

CH2

04:44hrs

May be going to Haiti to help with rescue efforts, sadly there not under ideal conditions. Im just waiting to find out some detailed information before I pack up and leave. I hope everyone prays for the men,women, and children, rescue workers and civilans. Sorry if this dosent make sense, im typing this on my Tpod in a hurry.

Well, my morning began listening to:

FE Pump 4, Pump 6, Rescue 4, Rescue 6, Tower 4,

2969 Shawnee Trail, Between Barker and Oakhill,

Garage Fire.

Companies made a quick knock-down, and P4 and TW4 stayed on scene to mop up.

Before the knock-down:

FE Rescue 3,

727 Albany Street, Border City Co-op (7 storie appt. bldg.), between Jasmine Court and the Dead-end,

80 y/o female, involved in a fall.

about 7 minutes later:

FE Pump 3, Pump 1, Rescue 1, Heavy Rescue 2, Ladder 1,

909 Canada Drive, between Antionette, and Concession Road,

Reported Structure Fire

They're still on scene for that one. Heavy Rescue 2 went as Rescue 3 was around the corner for the medical. They freed up and went to the fire, but they kept Heavy Rescue 2 goin. I'm glad they did, we're apparently having manpower issues :P

lol, in Lincoln (which is like...40 minutes from you in Fort) we have had like, 0 calls lately. However I was in Toronto about 2 weeks ago, and they were having MVC's on the 401, the 404, and the Don Valley Parkway about every 5-10 minutes! It was ridiciulous. 3 of which were mvcs with entrapment.

As for your quote about the st kitts fire tones (FortErieFireEli), they only have 2 tones per truck. If they are paging 3 stations for an MVC, then they'll have 4 tones (the chief tones, plus one for each station. I HATE when they do radio and recall pager tests because those take literally 2 minutes to tone out.

But anyways, my most recent call would have to be a reported MVC at King St and Ontario St in Beamsville (Lincoln). After going up to the street, they found nothing. ST catharines fire dispatch then told them that there was a possibility of it being on John St near michael Ave (half way on the other side of town). Once they got there...nothing. They cancelled after fire dispatch stated that it could be at King ST and McKenzie drive (which is in Jordan...2 towns over). They toned out station 4 for that one. Upon arrival...NOTHING AGAIN...so they checked with EMS dispatch and they said it could be by Victoria Ave and King St. Let me just tell you that my mother and I were driving to every location to check, and we have just driven through the intersection of Victoria and King...and there was nothing. After that, all units cleared, and i drove home (because I just so happen to have my license :D)

THE END :P

I just got back from a car accident. we had 3 patients. both our departments ambulanceses were out to transport them. I had the two most critical patients in my truck with me and the medic. 1st pt. had a possible break in the fibula, and poss. fracture of the ankle. 2nd patient was semi-conciouss I think due to a concussion.

Yesterday, around 0900, we had a second alarm structure fire. I was a small, one storey, wood frame single-family dwelling, but it was pumping extremely heavy smoke, so the guys went deffensive on it. Apparently, just after I left (went to the Boat Show in Toronto), The rear step-down of the roof collapsed, and the house took off. It was a pretty windy day, with a large, two storey brick next to it, creating odd wind patterns. I kept blowing smoke down on the fire fighters between the fire building and the exposure on the 4 side. It was rather intense. It was the third (or fourth) call for our new Pump, and it was first-due :D Finally get 'er christened.

On the down side, apparently (although no one was home), there was a fatality. The family lost their German Shepard dog. I haven't seen the house since yesterday in the middle-stages of the suppression, but, I guess its a write-off.

Fight In progress at Econo Lodge Hotel. Back up requested. 100 people estimated to be fighting. Shots fired.

Gas Station hold up reported just now as well.

To top that off, every single squad car in the city is busy right now.

Things have settled down now in the past hour. Now theres a Cow in the roadway and I quote the dispatcher "refusing to Moove"

4 elderly women stuck in an elevator yesterday. Took about two mins to get the elevator to the ground floor again.

Oh and we went to see a hand bal match (don't know if that's a familiar sport abroad) of one of the guys from our squad.

5 people found murdered in their house in Texas.

Believed to be 4 adults (2 possible teenagers) and a minor;

"Local reports have named the victims as 69-year-old George Washington and his wife Debra Washington, as well as his wife's daughter, her son, and her two-year-old grandchild."

One person, reportedly the son of one of the victims, has been arrested and is being questioned in connection with the murders.

Story from Sky News here

Censored for those of us easily offended by adult situations:

44 year old male, injured self during sexual intercourse, bleeding from right buttock, heavy bleeding, PD requested due to complainants sounding very intoxicated

It ended up it was the woman who was injured, she fell backwards onto a wine glass. Said the responding officer:

"No ma'am, no one's being arrested, but you may be the butt of many jokes."

lol at above poster. I have had a diff breathing call today. its amazing what solumederol does.

and a poss. overdose turned out was just a suicide threat. she dumped the pills from one bottle into another to look like she had taken them all to scare her fiance.