Chris3281

Post your recent call

I think what he means is: it was the creosote that caught on fire. Just guessing though.

I'm sure that's what was meant, it just made me laugh. What else are fire[/]places for? lol

6 Engines? 1 truck. That's not many. Depends on the structure size though

Hey, Fort Erie sends 2 pumps, 2 Rescues, and an aerial. Well, in the rural areas we add a Tanker.

but, if we pull a second line, we go to a second alarm, which is another Pump and Rescue :P

I think what he means is: it was the creosote that caught on fire. Just guessing though.

6 Engines? 1 truck. That's not many. Depends on the structure size though

Pleasant valley doesnt have and ladders and millbrook only had one so thats only 1 truck...one story building though...

The fireplace is on fire? Seriously? Who'da thunk THAT! lmfao!!! I couldn't not laugh at that! :P

You would be surprised how often that we either get smoke from a chimney or a fireplace on fire.

Listen to this Friday morning for a neighboring company and the borough i go to school in.

At 5:30 Station 14 responding to a Commercial Building fire in an apartment complex. Chief 14 on location heavy fire showing from the second floor of a two story apartment building. The fire hit a second alarm. While at this fire at 8:15 they were dispatched for a working dryer fire. They had a neighboring go in and knock that one out. While at the original 2 alarm fire they were then dispatched at 8:15 for a working garage fire. Chief 14 on location garage well involved. here is a link for a video of it

http://www.thereporteronline.com/articles/...d6863433372.txt

No, I get that, we had one today. It was just funny the way it was worded; "Fireplace on fire"

Am I the only one understanding me? lmfao :P

No I understand you 100% I laugh every time I look at my pager and see fireplace on fire thats the one place fire is supposed to be in a house. My other favorite is the smoke from a chimney from a caller passing by the house.

ok, for a second, I thought I was loosing my marbles... but, then again, I guess you'd have to HAVE marbles to lose... :P

I heard one a little while back, it went out as a Structure Fire, and, being Buffalo, it sent 3 Engines, 3 Trucks, the City-wide Rescue 1, The Air Truck, EMS Leiutenant, Battalion Chief, Division Chief, and Fire Marshal.

Well, while en route, they all got cancelled, saying the caller called back; it was a yellow porch-light. How in the hell does one think a porch-light is a fire? The stupidity of people *face-palm*

I just found this website. It the Toronto Fire Services CAD page. Right now they've got a 2 Alarm Residential fire, a 3 Alarm Commercial Fire, another Res. Fire that has had units added twice now, a vehicle fire, and several others. I'd suggest bookmarking it, its a good one ;)

Toronto Fire CAD

There was a call last night of a car going through several yards, and even knocking a screen door off a house. The usual went out, a few cops, and 1 Engine or Quint. EFD was first on scene only to find nothing at the intersection. EPD found the vehicle parked behind auto zone near by. Dispatch asked if AMR was needed in which PD said probably. Didnt catch any further details.

Oh and there was a raid on a house a few nights ago. EPD set up a a parameter and atleast some of the people in the house gave up with out incident. Not sure about the rest.

well im on call now and just did a twenty four the other day. ive done 2 diabetic emergencies. and A full blown allergic reaction. that was a pretty good one. upon arrival person had severe diff breathing, swelling of the face and neck, and hives showing up all over their body.

Don't know the call codes but:

Highway accident,(car crash)

A58(dutch)

Cause heavy ice and snow.

4cars and 1 truck.

9victems, with 2 serious wounded.

9ambulances dispatched.

1 life liner

2police cars.

1 MT fire truck.

Wounded had to be cut out, and where placed in 4 different hospitals in the area.

So I caught this one today:

FE P1,

520 Garrison Road,

Between Conssesion and Albert Street,

Unknown 9-1-1 Investigation,

Pump 1, be advised, Conssesion Road is closed from Bertie to Garrison for the Olympic Torch Relay, please access this call off of Thompson Road..

That made me do a double take lmfao

^lol.

This was an old one, dont know exactly which units were dispatched but I believe 6 Engine 6, 6 Rescue 6 and/or 6 Rescue 71(both are Ambulances converted for Dive Rescue), among other possible units were dispatched to Angel Mounds Boat Ramp for a water rescue. Apertures arrived on scene, only to find Coast Guard doing water rescue training. Coast Guard never bothered to notify the department they would be doing exercises in the area.

Call for an unknown medical with police responding in the projects...yikes!!!....turns out we got on scene and it was just a woman with chest pains....sent to the hospital ALS

City of Beacon engine 33-12(whoop whoop), City of Beacon ladder 33-45, Bvac 82-73 and flycar 302 responded

well just got home. most recent now. Had a vehicle fire on the I 2 nights ago. We beat the FD there by about 8 minutes. as we pulled up in the ambulance the car was fully involved with magnesium clearly burning flames goin 20 feet in the air. later that very night. had an accident with entrapment. beat the FD to the scene again by about 15 minutes this time. I had to bust out the rear window and climb over to get access to my patients before the FD could get there and extricate them. then later that day had a basic sick person call. needless to say im staying pretty busy lol

I haven't had too many calls here in Lincoln. In the middle of the night last night however, there was a 2 vehicle MVC with unknown injuries or trapped. I just dosed right off to bed...i have been on vacation for the past little while so I haven't been scanning too much. needless to say, the day I got back on the 20th, fully involved barn fire in Jordan, involving 2 barns and a trailer!