Guest __Uknow__

Rescue Trainer Simulator (RTS) Mod. For all questions about this mod.

Hi i just downloaded it how do i run it

Unzip the file and double click the .exe file. The installer will then automaticly install the mod for you.

Once the mod is installed start EM4 and choose modifications in the main menu to load the RTS mod.

The rest is in the manual, there is also an English translation available (see the first post).

Is there a bugfix out though??? Or does anyone know how to fix this?? It is quite annoying.

There is a patch that fixes some errors, causing the game to crash less often. But I don't think that patch fixes the crash when loading save games. In fact after I applied the patch on EM4D, I couldn't load my savegames anymore. But on normal EM4 I still have no problems loading savegames.

You do need to make sure the crash isn't caused by your computer being out of memory. If you play for some time (say about 15 minutes) the game stores all calls you handled and all actions you performed. They all have to be loaded again. It can cause a overlaod when loading the game, causing your PC to crash. Just simply check your logfile for an "out of memory" error to see if that is what is happening to you.

[EDIT] Added link to patch in first topic [/EDIT]

Guest bartoszwozniak

Yeah you are right! I have the message "Out of Memory". I have tried closing down all of my programs in the background etc. however I am having troubles with choosing which processes I can close and which are vital to the computer :(. Anyway, I will keep trying and thanks for the pointer in the right direction ;)

Bart

when i try to load my save game the game crash and im 40 min in it help

Did you check for the out of memory error?

For everybody with the out of memory error here's a little tip:

In stead of starting in anfanger (beginner) mode, start in the profi (professional) mode.

Next make all personel enter the cars and give a status 6 (not available for calls) to all cars.

Now use the cheat code to get extra points and upgrade your vehicles at the gas station.

Once all vehicles are bakc in their bay give a status two (availale at ambulance station).

Now press esc and save the game.

You should be able to load this game next time you play and still be able to get all kinds of calls.

Did you check for the out of memory error?

For everybody with the out of memory error here's a little tip:

In stead of starting in anfanger (beginner) mode, start in the profi (professional) mode.

Next make all personel enter the cars and give a status 6 (not available for calls) to all cars.

Now use the cheat code to get extra points and upgrade your vehicles at the gas station.

Once all vehicles are bakc in their bay give a status two (availale at ambulance station).

Now press esc and save the game.

You should be able to load this game next time you play and still be able to get all kinds of calls.

doint u get differnt missions evey time

doint u get differnt missions evey time

Yes you will, but I found there is virtually no difference in profi mode in starting a save game of 5 min old or of 50 min old. You will get all kinds of different calls in random order.

Guest bartoszwozniak

Ok guys! Thank you for everything. I have been playing the game and it is a lot of fun, however I cant find a patient, where it says a street name and then "fechtersring"?? What does that mean? Or where is it?

@pyrothijs Maybe you might be able to help my problem with installing the patch for this Mod. I've made a post alread in this topic few pages back :)

It can't find the RTS mod on your PC. Choos the browse function (manuel auswahlen) and choose the directory of the RTS mod.

Guest Panicxz

I can't use the keys or mouse to move around the city...the only way to move is to click on the map which is really annoying..

Can anyone help? And has another translation been made available yet?

Guest Panicxz

Thanks.

I also have another problem. When I get to the screne, I cant enter buildings. When I hover over the building, the icon changes but when I click, the paramedics do nothing...

Help?

Thanks.

I also have another problem. When I get to the screne, I cant enter buildings. When I hover over the building, the icon changes but when I click, the paramedics do nothing...

Help?

You have to give a status 4 (on scene) before you are able to treat patients / enter buildings etc.

Check the manual for more information.

Guest Panicxz

I get this call... Pat Am. Krankenhaus, I have no idea where that is. I looked it up in the GPS, I go to the street bt i Can't find anyone..

Help :/

One last thing, sorry to bother.

When I get to the scene, when I try to press 4, nothing happens...and according to pyrothijs, I need to click 4 before I can enter buildings...

LOL, sorry again. I get this... vehicle in the rescue unit when I try to hit 4 (On scene) What does that mean?

I must be the only one sucking at this game :P

I get this call... Pat Am. Krankenhaus, I have no idea where that is. I looked it up in the GPS, I go to the street bt i Can't find anyone..

One last thing, sorry to bother.

When I get to the scene, when I try to press 4, nothing happens...and according to pyrothijs, I need to click 4 before I can enter buildings...

LOL, sorry again. I get this... vehicle in the rescue unit when I try to hit 4 (On scene) What does that mean?

Patient am krankenhaus means the patient is standing in front of the hospital (between the two telephone poles) and needs to be brought to his or her residence or to another hospital. Check the TAB window in order to see the adress or hospital (anderes krankenhaus) where you need to transport the patient to.

It depends on what kind of call you click 4. If you have a simple transport call you only have to press 3 (call accepted) and 8 (dropped patient off). You can't enter houses on these missions because the patient will always be waiting in front of his house or the hospital. If you have an emergency (notfalleinsatz) you need to press 3 to accept the call, press 4 when you are on the scene, press 7 when you have taken the patient aboard the ambulance and press 8 when you deliverd the patient to the hospital. If you do not press 3 and 4 here you will not be able to treat patients, enter houses etc.

What's the dl for this now?

You can still download the RTS mod from the official server.

The English manual was added as an attachment to a post (see first post) so you can still download that as well.

For the English translation you will have to wait for Bennie to post it elsewhere or untill the server is back online.

Guest sondreen

Hi everyone!

I'm currently fixing Bennie's first released translation, using three different translators and the German/English Wikipedias.

Only problem is that after translating several documents, the mod has stopped using it.

All the buttons are named like RTprotFzGRTW and etcetera.

EXTREMLY ANNOYING, as I spent forever translating just one document =(

I would love some help, so I could find out what I did wrong :/

Hi everyone!

I'm currently fixing Bennie's first released translation, using three different translators and the German/English Wikipedias.

Only problem is that after translating several documents, the mod has stopped using it.

All the buttons are named like RTprotFzGRTW and etcetera.

EXTREMLY ANNOYING, as I spent forever translating just one document =(

I would love some help, so I could find out what I did wrong :/

Adjust the metastrings.xml file. But I should point out Bennie already released an updated translation. So I would use that one to work on in stead of the first one. That would save you a lot of work. It will be available in the download centre soon.

And I wouldn't use translators: 9 out of 10 times they mis the actual meaning of the words and sentences you want them to translate.