Russ

Grapics Problem

Hi Folks,

Since installing the game a few days ago I've had it randomly crash on me. I've installed the patches for the game but the graphics go a bit crazy (see screenshot below) and then it says something about having to terminate and it closes.

33d3beb592.jpg

I use a NVIDIA GeFORCE FX 5200 graphics card and whilst the game lets me have a quick go on the mission it does randomly die on me. Does anyone else have the same problem or does anyone know of a way to fix this? I'm sure my graphics card is able to handle the game but am I bit confused with why it keeps crashing.

I've not had a chance to have a proper game yet due to the problems. I might uninstall and reinstall my graphics drivers again but thought I'd see if anyone else has had the same problem.

Cheers

Russ

EDIT: I've just been on the NVIDIA website and found some updated drivers. I've just successfully had a go on a few missions until it crashed...the crash was caused by a zonealarm popup though so I think my problem is now solved...fingers crossed :D:D

Edited by Russ

Doesn't help the fact that my pc is on 24/7 but have 2 extra case fans plus cooler on graphics card. Use compressed air to clear dust out quite often. Once got my wedding out of way be allowed to buy new motherboard,cpu etc cpu is 1.8ghz. Slowest part of my setup, so hopefully beginining of next year pc be much faster and maybe with Vista :D

:sporty:

Most of those graphical problems are because people haven't updated their drivers.

I just assumed they were the most updated ones that I had installed but checked the NVIDIA site and they had released some new drivers at the beginning of this month so that was good :)

I'll be sure to check first in future :)