Hoppah

V1.9 - Your thoughts...

Freeplay map = Epic Fire Hazard! I guess its just how the map is made... but I've notice that everything catches fire so quick. I've had a tiny bush fire burn down the whole town almost. There is that wreck on the street south of the hospital... Car blew up and caught everything on fire... then the build next to it... then the bushes across the street... then the car parking lot for the hospital behind it... then another building next to it an another parking lot.... then about 20 cars on the road that I thought I had blocked off with a police cruiser. This is while I still had fire engines on the road. The whole car exploding thing is really starting to piss me off because of how illogical it is... It's not going to blow up and blow up 20 more cars down a line. You can get this same problem in the south of the map at that house with the two people... things just catch fire faster than you can put them out and pretty much you have to let it all burn down.

During this I encountered a problem where after I placed a wye down I could not longer set it down the guy had to either place it down connected to the engine or he had to pick up the hose and keep spraying... no way to put it all down... Effectively that truck was glitched so I could not longer move him since he was stuck by the wye. Happened to the same truck twice... Any fix for this?

Why are there no people in buildings? Or no emergencies in buildings? I always get the barricaded person with hostages in a bank... but there is only the shooter... aiming at... nothing?

This isnt a bug report topic, but the gated wye is bugged. Its rather rare in my experience, but it does happen. I rarely see a need for it though unless I am using a brush truck for support on a major fire. At current there is no fix.

As for the accident south of the hospital Hoppah hasnt acknowledged weather this is a bug or supposed to be like that, but none the less, it seems like a bug. Either way it does spread like crazy. If you get it under control quickly its not to bad but at times I have had about 3 or 4 light forces and a few engines on scene. Even has USAR assist once as it happen to be in the area. You could always go into the editor and check out why it explodes so quick and adjust whatever needs to be adjusted or removed.

I never noticed it but your right, so far the only thing i have found inside buildings is hostage situations with no hostage.

I had received the call about a subject planting bombs in the area, I dispatched the bomb squad to the scene. Guy was arrested but bomb exploded setting off a huge fire that burned about three homes.

I think much more intresting not to disarm the bomb, but use the time to close the acces to dangerous zone and let the bomb detonate, having fire engines near on standby.

Fire may be a turn-on... but buring pixels seems to be more of a pain. Sometimes the cars seems like they're rigged to just blow up one after another. I'd love to see tons of cars just start blowing up randomly. No bomb... Just... fire... one after another... after another... after another... @_@ THis map is such a fire hazard.

Hoppah made it to turn on our pyromaniac members for free, and to piss off the non pyro members XD

Not only is he making the game more fun... He's making what's going on in our pants more fun! Soon the game is going to be rated AO and we're going to have to pay. ;/

Haha. For me... that's a very light innuendo... I'm use to extreme ones just to make people uncomfortable. -attempts to tame back to appease different company.-

I'm use to w00ds map... I think the second one... with the airport? I think the only massive fire hazard was the forest... I use to hate that. I remember in EM3 on the default map... I use to have the bazzar area... catch on fire and I could never put it out.

Anyway, would it be likely to get a patched version of the map to actually have people in buildings? I mean... the only suicide I have had is the person jumping into the water and you never get any ems house calls.

GREAT JOB WITH V1.9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really like you can pull over random cars and get 300 credits and the officer tickets them for spending is there any other spoffs in this one i haven't found out yet but i thought that part was really neat the new freeplay map is incredible and the over all mood of the mod is deff a good one

I have another one Easter Egg.

Hoppah don't tell me I'am cheating. I have EM4 standard (non Deluxe) so I found this like that.

I was making polish translation and what I found in events.xml

<string name="ID_FREEPLAYDELUXE_EVENT_HALLOWEEN">LAPD/OCD: Halloween: Zombie Alert!</string>
<string name="ID_FREEPLAYDELUXE_EVENT_HALLOWEEN_TOOLTIP">On Halloween, the living dead are rising from their graves to bring havoc over our city! Eliminate all zombies!</string>

I gotta see this in game :D

I have another one Easter Egg.

Hoppah don't tell me I'am cheating. I have EM4 standard (non Deluxe) so I found this like that.

I was making polish translation and what I found in events.xml

<string name="ID_FREEPLAYDELUXE_EVENT_HALLOWEEN">LAPD/OCD: Halloween: Zombie Alert!</string>
<string name="ID_FREEPLAYDELUXE_EVENT_HALLOWEEN_TOOLTIP">On Halloween, the living dead are rising from their graves to bring havoc over our city! Eliminate all zombies!</string>

I gotta see this in game :D

That's not an easter-egg. Would be good if you can release the translation as a submod. :)

The zombies are not an Easter egg. There a deluxe exclusive event I believe.

Really? How cool is that.

Oops, there I go about "the dead" again.

I think much more intresting not to disarm the bomb, but use the time to close the acces to dangerous zone and let the bomb detonate, having fire engines near on standby.

I found myself hoping that the bomb squad disarms the thing before it explodes.

Every time it explodes, it scares the #$@$@ out of me.

Guest matt31896

Going to make the USCG useful in freeplay, making some sinking ship events, only the Jayhawk could reach the victims, BTW when will it be able to reach people in the water?

Hoppah, just a hint, maybe let the SWAT guys drop there MP-5 or Shield. When I want to arrest one, and I send a entry team in, I surrender him with shields and MP-5's, but have t get a other guy without equipment get in to arrest him. If a officer can drop a ballastic shield, you stop in front of him, throw the shield away and then arrest him

Guest matt31896

Or, Units arrive and prepare for entry----------------------------------------> units enter the building and surrender the suspect(s)---------------------------> if nobody is available for the arrest, call an LAPD officer(should be on the scene bofore the entry)and make the arrest!