Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

First of all congrats on the launching hoppah! great work!

I dont know if this is a bug or not - or has been fixed.

If you go to the right side of the map you'll see cars coming from the cave. Sometimes there will be a blue car just sitting right in the middle of intersection. No clue where it came from, initial thought, the car might be coming from the cave direction and I blocked that road so no car should be coming.

But the blue car is just came out of nowhere. any idea why?

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you make a screenshot of that?

I noticed problems with traffic jams in many places of new freeplay map. Mostly its caused by cars, that while changing the lane, turning left collides with another driving straight on crossroads. Then both cars stop .. and never move. Frequently even Police cant fix it redirecting them.

@Hopah - BTW as of siren script - does it work fine now ? I had little time last months, so I haven't found sufficient time to see what i can do, btw - this SDK that Bass-Ti send me does not contain all command that is used in script (maybe because its older version of SDK described there than this which is used in script..)

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, on the big car wreck I seem to always fail it very quickly. I sent units and had about 1 or two people at the hospital already but for some reason I failed it. This has happened twice. Both times one person died in the wreck, could this be why I'm failing?

I'm pretty sure this is a bug, on the big car wreck I seem to always fail it very quickly. I sent units and had about 1 or two people at the hospital already but for some reason I failed it. This has happened twice. Both times one person died in the wreck, could this be why I'm failing?

yes

I tried some missions but I found a bug when I played the "Police chase ends in tragedy" mission as I could not find the diver anywhere in the fire engine section and therefore could not put him in a vehicle and use him to recover the casualties in the water.

Also had a homicide with the victim underneath one of the bridge pylons

unhealthy.jpg

I dont think you can do anything to avoid that, as I assume that homicides are placed more or less randomly by the game itself?

I tried some missions but I found a bug when I played the "Police chase ends in tragedy" mission as I could not find the diver anywhere in the fire engine section and therefore could not put him in a vehicle and use him to recover the casualties in the water.

I ran into this too. I have also started the bus bomb mission, failed it, and then missions 1-10 disappear from the menu selection. I am going to try a clean install to see if it works.

Nice scores! Did you use the 'New campaign' button in menu? If not, please upload your logfile after loading the mod. Maybe it reveals something about the problem.

I originally had all the missions, but after playing mission 11 first I couldn't ever play the LA mod missions.

I originally had all the missions, but after playing mission 11 first I couldn't ever play the LA mod missions.

same

However i could play the poler ice explosion (origonal) and the terrost hijacking (origonal) fine, but whan i played the church one, i couldent play the LA mod missions anymore

Posting this in the right section this time:

Traffic on major streets needs to be reduced by 1/4th. The most painful intersection is the three way at the West side of the map where the train rails end. The car going Southbound gets stuck turning westbound and it's not even getting stuck from anything. It just stops there! All other traffic blocks from the map that I've experienced end up from having to redirect there OR end up from civilians moving onto the roadways and not moving back to the sidewalk. I believe these are static (non-moving) civilians.

Unfortunately, LA Mod has turned into Los Angeles Traffic & Civilian Road removers. :(

Once all the traffic issues are fixed, everything will be perfect. Good work so far Hop.

The yellow truck that gets stuck turning only needs to be redirected and then the rest of the vehicles will turn no problem. Maybe need to delete the yellow truck completely before it reaches intersection?

The yellow truck that gets stuck turning only needs to be redirected and then the rest of the vehicles will turn no problem. Maybe need to delete the yellow truck completely before it reaches intersection?

I think that street corner would be fixed to address that problem, if I remember correctly.

It's more then the yellow truck. I've seen a bigger truck and the jeep get stuck there.

I'm not sure if anybody else noticed, but the Boat launch site (East) does not work. I tried launching a LAFD Motorboat, but it did not work.

Also, this isn't really a bug, but the other boat launch, isn't very accessible. You have to "baby" the truck into the spot. But yes, I know, you can change it in the editor. Mainly, it's the other boat launch. Anybody else have this problem?

One more thing, the Back bay doors of LAFD station 2. People and trucks can go straight through them.

Well I think(not sure) the game randomly spawns vehicles along the spawn point. So technically its not possible, if this theory is correct, to simply remove the truck like so.

I plan to move the path slightly further into the intersection and see if that will fix it.

The biggest traffic problem i have seen aside from the yellow truck, is at the main intersection where the 2 four lane roads meet. The cars in the right lane(if headed south) try to turn left across the right hand lane and thus traffic gets stuck.

I also found a bug in the chase command. It only works to some extent on the black undercover car. The car will follow the suspect but the officers will not stop the car and draw there guns on the suspect. I tried it with 2 officers in the car and it still didnt work.

The big pile-up accident involving the police car near the mountain area on the east side happens all the time. For the first time it was fun, but it keeps happening multiple times during same game. And not once in two hours, sometimes it is the next accident following itself. Like there arent any other collisions?