Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

Guest FireFighter30

even if you redirect and leave a cop there to prevent people from going through it traffic backs up likke crazy in that area. That being said i was able to get the lights to work just needed to reinstall. And i noticed that sometimes after a few minutes of play that you command a cop to redirect traffic and sometimes a civilian car will just sit there and cause traffic to back up. Even after canceling the order and clicking the command button again the car will not redirect. I understand people wanted more traffic in the new map. I can only imagin how much work must be put into traffic control, that being said if the bug or error on the map cant be patched, could it be possible for somebody the to make post directions of how to maybe reduce the traffic or at least number of vehicles on the map?

Sometimes when you try to redirect a vehicle it stops and you can't do anything to it. The only thing you can do is shoot it to get the traffic flowing again. There is also a red van that stops in the down left corner of the map and causes a major traffic jam.

First off :welcome: to the forums,there is a way to edit the traffic flow,but you need to use the editor for this,it a case of changing the settings on how often traffic spawns,i will try and do a short you tube video later.

Also i noticed some lights only let one car through at a time,thus backing traffic up alot,this is not a bug,but if it a pain for anyone again you need to go into the editor and change the light settings,i have not experienced the traffic issu onthe corner where everyone has posted,but wonder if it is the path that is too close to wall,anyway the extra traffic on the map is more realistic now.

even if you redirect and leave a cop there to prevent people from going through it traffic backs up likke crazy in that area. That being said i was able to get the lights to work just needed to reinstall. And i noticed that sometimes after a few minutes of play that you command a cop to redirect traffic and sometimes a civilian car will just sit there and cause traffic to back up. Even after canceling the order and clicking the command button again the car will not redirect. I understand people wanted more traffic in the new map. I can only imagin how much work must be put into traffic control, that being said if the bug or error on the map cant be patched, could it be possible for somebody the to make post directions of how to maybe reduce the traffic or at least number of vehicles on the map?

The guy behind the Pawn Shop cannot be reached.

See first post, the physics of the pawn shop are wrong. Will be fixed in the next patch.

em42009092620505812.th.png

That bug is being fixed in the second patch.

Install the patch and that will fix the missing cars

As far as I know, there are no missing vehicles in the standard mod (without submods). Patch 1 only fixes the missing building. I just can't believe people immediatly install v1.8 submods before checking out if v1.9 actually works correctly.

i can't find the other Siren sounds anymore... didn't the last 1.8 have it in them? i can't find them on here. or i jsut havn't looked hard ... that could be it

I deleted them to save space. They will, however, return in the 'Additional Unit submod' where you can choose to install them or not.

I am already working on a second patch, which will be released in a few days. It seems like the installer installs corrupt files sometimes. I think that can be caused by other applications, There is a reason the installers recommends to close all other applications before continuing.

Hoppah

Link to video,basically,open up editor,open map properties,select spawn points,select vehicle spawn points and in the video i am changing the interval setting,also posted screen shot as it clearer to see,the only thing i cant rememebr is if you make the number higher or lower,that is one for Hoppah to answer or anyone else if they get time,im just showing you where to go,hope this helps.

Although i dont feel the need to change the settings myself as this is supposed to be LA and it does have lots of traffic

em42009092710381672.th.jpg

Bit clearer this image is

I have deluxe and it worked fine.

was directory is yours in

this is mine (C:\Program Files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency4\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.9) could that be the problem

Or can some one send me the patch files or do I hve to use the installer

It started raining, and 2 days later it hasn't stopped.

The dropoff and pickup point for the boat on the East side is not functional. You cannot put people there and cannot drop off the boat there, etc.

The Docks are too cluttered. It's almost impossible to get around it.

And finally, if you redirect cars at the very top corner of the map (north west) by the car spawn, the cars will sit there and do absolutely nothing and will never move again.

you could use the cost gaurd heli :P

You know what would be cool? A mission involving someone falling off the bridge where you can actually use the Coastguard Heli.

I installed the mod yesterday, and the instillation seemed to go fine, but when i tried to launch the game, it begins to start like normal, but then closes out before the first intro video loads, I have uninstalled and deleted all the files for the game reinstalled just the game and that same problem happens (note: I own 911/FR, not EM:4) I have not been able to fix the problem by conventional meas, the game itself wont work at this point, and this all happened after I installed 1.9.

screen of the bug

[pic]

as you can see i have in the menu only missions 11-30. Where are the la mod missions? As I see, I can download the La mod and the patch again and can test it.

Nice scores! Did you use the 'New campaign' button in menu? If not, please upload your logfile after loading the mod. Maybe it reveals something about the problem.

I think I figured out the problem. In the script below, you never allow a transition back to 'fair' once it's raining. Once it starts raining it will always rain.

<climate initial="fair">

<weather name="fair" changeduration="15.0" minduration="400" maxduration="800">

<fog intensity="0.0" color="ffffff"/>

<rain intensity="0.0"/>

<storm intensity="0.0" speed="0.0"/>

<flash frequencyfactor="0.0"/>

<sound name=""/>

<sound2 name=""/>

<transition state="light rain" weight="1.0"/>

</weather>

<weather name="light rain" changeduration="15.0" minduration="30" maxduration="90">

<fog intensity="0.1" color="7F7F7F"/>

<rain intensity="0.2"/>

<storm intensity="0.1" speed="0.1"/>

<sound name=""/>

<sound2 name=""/>

<transition state="heavy rain" weight="1.0"/>

<transition state="thunderstorm" weight="1.5"/>

</weather>

<weather name="heavy rain" changeduration="15.0" minduration="60" maxduration="180">

<fog intensity="0.3" color="7F7F7F"/>

<rain intensity="0.5"/>

<storm intensity="0.1" speed="0.2"/>

<sound name="mod:Audio/Ambient/rain01.wav"/>

<sound2 name=""/>

<transition state="thunderstorm" weight="2.0"/>

</weather>

<weather name="thunderstorm" changeduration="15.0" minduration="45" maxduration="145">

<fog intensity="0.4" color="606060"/>

<rain intensity="1.0"/>

<storm intensity="0.5" speed="0.4"/>

<flash frequencyfactor="1.0"/>

<sound name="mod:Audio/Ambient/rain02.wav"/>

<sound2 name="mod:Audio/Ambient/thunder02.wav"/>

<transition state="heavy rain" weight="1.0"/>

</weather>

</climate>

</freeplayparameters>

First of all congrats on the launching hoppah! great work!

I dont know if this is a bug or not - or has been fixed.

If you go to the right side of the map you'll see cars coming from the cave. Sometimes there will be a blue car just sitting right in the middle of intersection. No clue where it came from, initial thought, the car might be coming from the cave direction and I blocked that road so no car should be coming.

But the blue car is just came out of nowhere. any idea why?