Hoppah

[EM4] Los Angeles Mod bugs, issues and problems

404 Errors are the result of a file that doesn't exist. You'll probably have to find another source to download 1.9 from.

Edited to Add: That lamodificationcenter.com website has a lot of errors on it, incorrect links and missing files. Not really put together that nicely in my opinion.

-d

no matter, i need the patch for fixing the problems that had 1.9

Hoppah can you please uplaod that file? thanks

Hey, Hoppah, the download says that the URL couldn't be found on the server... If you know what's going on, send me a PM

Hoppah doesnt have time to pm every person with a problem. Secondly, this patch is for LA Mod 1.9, were on LA Mod 2.0. Older versions are no longer supported.

I found bugs:

1. In freeplay the civilian drivers AI are causing traffic jams

2. In Freeplay people stand in the street and cause traffic jams

3. In all missions and free play the towtruck drivers have a terrible AI and do not find a good way to their destination

The freeplay map I am using is the normal one

I have noticed a bug where gunfire sound effects are blocked out by a loud beeping sound. The sound is also triggered when you tell an officer to draw their sidearm. This tends to happen after playing the mod for a while. Does anyone know why this happens, or how to fix it?

1 hour ago, ANGRYELEPHANT236 said:

I have noticed a bug where gunfire sound effects are blocked out by a loud beeping sound. The sound is also triggered when you tell an officer to draw their sidearm. This tends to happen after playing the mod for a while. Does anyone know why this happens, or how to fix it?

This never seems to happen to me. try re-downloading the mod again, and if that does not work try going to a website called Moddb.com and search for emergency 4 and go to the downloads section and download the alternate gun sounds which may fix the problem.

On 6/22/2016 at 0:45 PM, Croydon119 said:

In the preview section where you go to dispatch vehicles i get a white box. Ive tried re-downloading and install multiple times. Nothing seems to fix it

EM4 2016-06-22 12-41-11-95.bmp

Unfortunately, it means your graphics aren't good enough to keep up. If you click on one of your personnel that box also becomes white, right?

Source: I get the same error with my work laptop.

Double check to make sure that your graphics are up to date first, as there is a potential that the problem could be fixed that way, otherwise your only option would be to upgrade your GPU/PC to something more high end. Although less likely, you could also try reinstalling everything and/or making sure the game folder (and its subfolders) is not set on read-only, but those are much less likely to fix it (as far as I'm aware).

Hope this helps!

I have been encountering a bug and it really sucks. Basically, once I get a decently high score, my people / staff in both my EMS and Fire responses just disappear. Like when I respond to a stroke or heart attack, etc. instead of saying unload and the staff gets out to help the person, it just turns the floodlights on and says there are no staff in the ambulance. I love this mod but this is my only complaint. Please respond. PS., this is also what happens with fire response teams.

5 hours ago, Xephos said:

I have been encountering a bug and it really sucks. Basically, once I get a decently high score, my people / staff in both my EMS and Fire responses just disappear. Like when I respond to a stroke or heart attack, etc. instead of saying unload and the staff gets out to help the person, it just turns the floodlights on and says there are no staff in the ambulance. I love this mod but this is my only complaint. Please respond. PS., this is also what happens with fire response teams.

After your vehicles return to the fire station, do you make sure to refill them? I don't know how to explain it well so someone else could probably step in, but basically what I do is right before I dispatch my units to a call, I click on the control panel for the station and ring the bell thing and it spawns peds for the empty vehicles and automatically puts those peds in the vehicles. That might be what it is.

On 11/3/2016 at 11:33 PM, ThatOneIowan said:

After your vehicles return to the fire station, do you make sure to refill them? I don't know how to explain it well so someone else could probably step in, but basically what I do is right before I dispatch my units to a call, I click on the control panel for the station and ring the bell thing and it spawns peds for the empty vehicles and automatically puts those peds in the vehicles. That might be what it is.

I haven't tried that, hopefully that fixes it. Thanks m8!

Hello,

I got a problem with the LA EM4 mod. When I want to turn the mod on, the game freezes. Yeah, it's normal, the mod should be loading. But nothing more. When I press alt + tab, I can see a window with text:

(_pickupb7860): Error: Symbol RESTRICT_2_CANBEPICKEDUP is not defined in current scope.

When I press "repeat" button, another window appears, then another etc.

(_pickupb7860): FILE:mod:/scripts/game/command/pickup.scriptb7860 LINE:30

(_pickupb7860): Error: Symbol this_definitely_is_an_evil_workaround_26ff_557f is not defined in current scope

(_pickupb7860): FILE: LINE:0

(pickupb7860): !!!Distionary position rewound...

(pickupb7860): !!!Error recovered!!!

This one is the last. Then the mod seems to work. But it doesn't. I can see the new missions etc, but when I play freeplay or even missions, I don't have maps there (I have only maps in original missions). Well, I can see the units, I could also send them. But a few seconds later, the game always crashes.

Don't know what to do, tried reinstalling EM4, but didn't help. Could anyone plase help me?

On 15.11.2016 at 3:21 PM, SedliX said:

Hello,

I got a problem with the LA EM4 mod. When I want to turn the mod on, the game freezes. Yeah, it's normal, the mod should be loading. But nothing more. When I press alt + tab, I can see a window with text:

When I press "repeat" button, another window appears, then another etc.

This one is the last. Then the mod seems to work. But it doesn't. I can see the new missions etc, but when I play freeplay or even missions, I don't have maps there (I have only maps in original missions). Well, I can see the units, I could also send them. But a few seconds later, the game always crashes.

Don't know what to do, tried reinstalling EM4, but didn't help. Could anyone plase help me?

Hey I've noticed a problem like this before. Take the details in the game down and it shall work

I want to try the mod but I had problems using the mod installer, is it any packed version of the mod? (Using 911: First Responders)

31 minutes ago, TorMedHammeren1 said:

Hey I've noticed a problem like this before. Take the details in the game down and it shall work

I want to try the mod but I had problems using the mod installer, is it any packed version of the mod? (Using 911: First Responders)

the mod has its own installer and when the game freezes that means the mod is loading