Guest echo04

la mod corrupted...

I've never had this problem before but I would recommend a few things, makes sure the mod is going into the correct EM4 or 911:FR path, You may have to reinstall EM4 or 911:FR, and don't download the mod from any website other than this one, they may not have permission, and the file may contain a virus if you download it somewhere other than Emergency Planet

You sure?

Now are you moving this around or anything like after you download it?

There is nothing wrong with it on this end of things as far as we know, so it's more than likely something you are doing... Can you give us like a step by step of what you did. This can help us pinpoint the problem.. Very in detail please :)

roger that,

ok so i just installed e4 onto my laptop, restarted it, and then came here for the download.

i choose open with, modins~1.exe or whatever it says, it takes about 30-35 minutes or so to download.

it shows its downloaded and once the screen pops up to say open, i hit it and then install mod package or whatever, then an error window comes up saying invalid mod package.

i have "extracted" all files in the download. then i open up the mod installer, find the file and hit install, i then get a message that say the file is corrupted or not a valid mod package. this mod was the only reason i bought the game...... :nixweiss:

i have "extracted" all files in the download. then i open up the mod installer, find the file and hit install, i then get a message that say the file is corrupted or not a valid mod package. this mod was the only reason i bought the game...... :nixweiss:

i got the same problem and dont know what to do about it

i got the same problem and dont know what to do about it

-Download the mod and save it in the folder called [name of game manufacturer]\Emergency 4\Mods.

-Unzip the mod using winzip or winrar by choosing the option 'extract here'

-double click the file ending on the extension .e4mod and the modinstaller will autoinstall it.

If you do not have a folder called Mods in the Emergency 4 folder create one manually (file --> new --> folder).

Also make sure that while downloading you accept all cookies from this site and that you cleared your browsing history.

ok i did all of that, then went to the mod installer and selected the mod and hit install. it still said mod package is corrupted."""FATAL ERROR: MOD PACKAGE IS CORRUPTED"". just for fun, i did it again, it said "same file name has already been installed, re-name or uninstall...ect." but in the install, uninstall window, there is nothing there. then i went to the game, started it and at the menu, went to the modifications section and the entire menu disappeared..... why is this not working!!?? ugh!

ok i did all of that, then went to the mod installer and selected the mod and hit install. it still said mod package is corrupted."""FATAL ERROR: MOD PACKAGE IS CORRUPTED"". just for fun, i did it again, it said "same file name has already been installed, re-name or uninstall...ect." but in the install, uninstall window, there is nothing there. then i went to the game, started it and at the menu, went to the modifications section and the entire menu disappeared..... why is this not working!!?? ugh!

So now you have a folder called Emergency 4 on your pc, correct?

Have you checked if that folder contained the mods directory?

Have you checked your version (lower left corner of the EM4 main menu)?

Have you deleted the previous mods from your system completely (selecting the mod and moving ti to your recycle bin)?

version is "v1.3f-en"

yes i checked the folder and it does contain the download, that was where i tried to install it from with the mod installer.

yes i clean everything out every time. i even uninstall and then reinstall the game to insure nothing is even linked to the download.

and as far the the emergency 4 folder on my pc, it says "EM4" and when i click it the game loads. i think that is what you meant.

and as far the the emergency 4 folder on my pc, it says "EM4" and when i click it the game loads. i think that is what you meant.

Again, that's not the folder, that's a shortcut. A folder is marked with the symbol in the red circle and it should be named "Emergency 4". Shortcuts can be recognized by the little arrow in the lower left corner of the icon (see the blue circle).

post-261-1253621994.jpg

ok. i go into my start menu, click on program files, under that opens all of the program files on my computer, i go down to sixteen tons entertainment, open that, open the emergency 4 file folder, then all of the games files are there, including the mods file i made.

ok. i go into my start menu, click on program files, under that opens all of the program files on my computer, i go down to sixteen tons entertainment, open that, open the emergency 4 file folder, then all of the games files are there, including the mods file i made.

Ok now go to our download centre. Clear your browsers cache (tools --> delete browsing history --> delete everything except the cookies). Now download a mod that you haven't downloaded before (Gelderland Zuid mod for example) and save it in the Mods folder. Extract the mod file using winzip or winrar and double click the file with the extension .e4mod. If you still get an error message there is something wrong with the settings on your computer.

By the way: are you sure you are downloading EM4 mods, not EM3 mods?

Did you install any patches?

im positive im downloading the e4 mod. i go to the e4 complete mods folder. now, i have one disk with e3 and e4 both on it. could that be the problem? i bought it from the store like that because they didnt have e4 by itself. and yesterday when i tried downloading it yet again, the same error messages came up saying it is corrupt ect. so i opened it again and it said the same name has been installed, either rename it or delete the other folder, i did that and still didnt work. plus, in the install, uninstall window when you open the modinstaller, nothing is there, so even if something was installed it should be shown in that window but isnt. and no patches have been installed

and yesterday when i tried downloading it yet again, the same error messages came up saying it is corrupt ect. so i opened it again and it said the same name has been installed, either rename it or delete the other folder, i did that and still didnt work. plus, in the install, uninstall window when you open the modinstaller, nothing is there, so even if something was installed it should be shown in that window but isnt.

If you uninstalled the modificatiuons using the modinstaller not all files might have been deleted. That could cause the 'file with the same name is installed' error. That's why I suggest you download a mod you haven't installed before, so you can see if that is the problem. When deleting mods, always select the folder of the mod and press delete, that way you are sure no files stay behind.

Something else you can try: insert the EM4 CD and start the setup menu. You can choose to repair the game on your harddisk, usually that works too. For more info see the Technical Help FAQ.

ok so having both games on one disk isnt a problem? and i just downloaded and tried to install the Latvia mod and still the same messages.

ok i reinstalled the game, reinstalled the la mod and still nothing......and also tried the repair suggestion and still nothing.

what settings should i look at then?

i have done pretty much everything i can think of to try to get this to work. Every time i download the mod a

message comes up saying "invalid mod", "corrupt mod", or "a mod file with the same name has been

installed...ect." I started the game and went to the modification section and then the window went away and i

could only see the background, the computer screen thing went away.

i have completely removed all mod files from my computer, uninstalled the game, then reinstalled it, along

with the mod, and still the same thing. i have used the mod installer, nothing, double clicked the mod file,

nothing.

Even to double check to see if something was wrong with the mod file itself, i tried to download another mod, same thing..... which now leads to two questions you might be able to answer.....

the game i have is Volume 1.3f-en BUT it is a collectors edition so it has E3 on it in english and french, plus E4 english and french on on disk.... could that be the problem???

And... could something be wrong with my laptops settings somewhere? if so, where do i look???

Please help....

Even to double check to see if something was wrong with the mod file itself, i tried to download another mod, same thing..... which now leads to two questions you might be able to answer.....

the game i have is Volume 1.3f-en BUT it is a collectors edition so it has E3 on it in english and french, plus E4 english and french on on disk.... could that be the problem???

And... could something be wrong with my laptops settings somewhere? if so, where do i look???

Please help....

Please stop making a new post for the same problem. Keep your questions about this problem in one topic please. Topics merged.

To answer your questions:

-as far as I know, having two games on one CD is a bit uncommon, but it shouldn't make any difference or cause you any game problems.

-I don't think there is anything wrong with your laptop, but I'm positive some of the files weren't removed from your system and that's why you are experienciung this problem right now. But without your laptop I really can't tell you where to look. Just make sure you have manually deleted all the old Emergency 4 files before you install EM4 again. So only way to find out where those files are is searching your hard drive I'm afraid...