Guest Morlock

Camera Hack

These instructions should make life easier on anyone trying to do this:

Depending on your operating system you may have to either turn off the protection that will prevent you from modifying the file, Vista has protection on all the filed in the Program Files folder by default, an easy way around this is to copy the file out of there temporarilly to modify it (ensure Read only is not enabled when you modify it or you will not be able to save!).

You may find the by one of two ways, the file you are looking for should be called "em4.cfg" I believe for all the games but I am not sure. You may attempt to use windows search to find the specific file or manually locate it most likely found in the default installation directory:

X:\Program Files\(Distributor Name)\(Emergency 4/911 - First Responders/or deluxe)\

I believe the .cfg file is always going to be found in the root directory of the game which is where you should find the .exe as well.

There should only be one .cfg found in the game folders making it easy to locate the configuration file.

Open the .CFG file in Notepad:

Use the "find" command found under the EDIT menu and enter in the following item:

"e4_maxcampitch"

The find command will highlight this text, following the text you will see value="XXX" />

Replace the XXX with whatever value you wish to use, hoppah provided good values for decent views of the vehicles.

Repeat the process one at a time for the next three values:

"e4_maxcamz"

"e4_mincampitch"

"e4_mincamz"

Finally, Save the document and if you moved it you will have to put it back where it was originally found in order for the changes to take place.

NOTE: You may have to make the file Read-Only under it's properties to prevent the file from being changed by you or the game it's self.

Hoppah's Settings:

<var name="e4_maxcampitch" value="80." />

<var name="e4_maxcamz" value="3500" />

<var name="e4_mincampitch" value="15" />

<var name="e4_mincamz" value="100." />

:8: I have messed with this for hours. Can't get any changes to apply, for the last 10 or so hours i have changed values loaded the game and tested over and over with NO results :wall: even tryed making the file read only so it cant be changed back... :23_31_4: help me!

(911FR on a HP dv9700t CTO ; Dual Core Intel 2 ghz each, 64 bit vista, 3070MB DDR, Nvidia 8600 GS HDMI, 1680X1050 res) just updated all my drivers and tryed again... fyi.

Guest Lilfirefighterbailey

I am also experiencing the same problem. I have Emergency 4 patch 1.3f and the La mod 1.6. I too have tweaked the EM4 file and applied the new settings. I also made the file a README only file yet when i start the game and start testing it. Nothing has changed.

My PC Spec is attached.

DxDiag.txt