sniped222

London Mod (V1.3 RELEASED)

Hi guys well I'm pretty new to posting here but not to Emergency 4 mods, i have to say i cant help but first be impressed by this great site and with all the great mods you guys have created, thank you all :)

Ok so back to London Mod 1.2 well i have been playing it now for round 26 hours and i have to say i think its just awesome, i really like it, its so well done, i found just 2 problems, but before i go any further i would like to add that my post is only to help not to put down the mod in any way, this is just a help post something i found in the mod :)

So my first problem i came up against was the motor cycle police, what i found is that after arresting a criminal and handcuffing them i couldnt put them in a police car i had to let go of them and the police officer from the car had to re-arrest the criminal and hand cuff them then put them in the car.

It would be great if you could fix this so that even a police motor cyclist could arrest handcuff and put into the police car and or van.

Next thing was the AA recovery lorry what i found is that after my police motor cyclist was taken away by ambulance after being knocked to the ground was i couldnt remove the police bike from the road with the AA lorry, again it would be nice if you could fix this so that you could be able to pick up any emergency vehicle that wasnt able to be used again.

Thankyou again for this great mod, and for all those involved in putting it together its much appreciated :cheers:

Hi guys well I'm pretty new to posting here but not to Emergency 4 mods, i have to say i cant help but first be impressed by this great site and with all the great mods you guys have created, thank you all :)

Ok so back to London Mod 1.2 well i have been playing it now for round 26 hours and i have to say i think its just awesome, i really like it, its so well done, i found just 2 problems, but before i go any further i would like to add that my post is only to help not to put down the mod in any way, this is just a help post something i found in the mod :)

So my first problem i came up against was the motor cycle police, what i found is that after arresting a criminal and handcuffing them i couldnt put them in a police car i had to let go of them and the police officer from the car had to re-arrest the criminal and hand cuff them then put them in the car.

It would be great if you could fix this so that even a police motor cyclist could arrest handcuff and put into the police car and or van.

Next thing was the AA recovery lorry what i found is that after my police motor cyclist was taken away by ambulance after being knocked to the ground was i couldnt remove the police bike from the road with the AA lorry, again it would be nice if you could fix this so that you could be able to pick up any emergency vehicle that wasnt able to be used again.

Thankyou again for this great mod, and for all those involved in putting it together its much appreciated :cheers:

Did you try destroying the Police bike and then cooling it down and towing it away? Easiest way to do this is call an ARV, equip one with a Fire Extinguisher and the other 2 with pistols.

Will investigate the police motorcyclist issue, it may be a case of he hasn't been given the commands , which is fairly easy to fix in the editor.

The police bike itself is best dealt with by the method suggested by TheCadetForce as only motorcyclists can ride it and you end up with a never ending chain as you can only bring one on to the map at once :D

The OC-D

Hi all both me and my mate have loved playing london mod so much and have came up with a list of things we feel would make the mod on a whole new level.

1. Map- Have street nams on the map. Add stations like in LA Mod for police fire and ambulance as well as a hospital where units can go to and park up without going off the map. Park up points dotted arround the map for units to go and park up on.
  2. Units and personall- Give armed units the ability to patrol. Creat mountid police for riot situations. Make it so that the police dogs bite. Add some more units like DPG Forensic and Fire Investigation. Add a marked a fire chief car. Have the ability to put up cordan tape barryers and even cones. Have only one person with a strecher.
  3. Other things- Add a dispatcher like in winterburg mod. Ability to call out units like in LA Mod. Make emergencys last longer.

Apart from that the mod is so cool.

@rusty: Still working on that Police MOtorbike issue... :D

@jim:

1. Stations take an awful lot of work although have been talked about many times. Street names on the map as per Harbour City Mod ruin the look IMHO. Park-up points? Why not just station some units in car parks like they do in real life?

2. The ARV's not having patrol is an oversight that would be fixed if there was to be another version. Mounted Units have only bee demo-ed in one mod and didn't seem to work particularly well, will see if I can find the vid. Police dogs that work like Hoppah's are very hard, man it took the man himself months to do. DPG, Forensics, CID and Marked Chief Cars might appear if there was to be another version, would be Mintcake and Sniped's decisions. Cones and barriers might be able to be implemented, although cordon tape that works unlike the barriers hasn't been made yet.

3. The dispatch function from Winterberg needs a scripting capability that is far and above average. And what do you mean about emergencies lasting longer? Fire's burn quite well and there's not much more you can do with a Medical Emergency...?

Thanks for the interest and the input; I'm not trying to shoot you down, just provide reasons why they aren't, and maybe won't, appear in the mod :)

The OC-D

I just wanted to compliment you on a great mod, its nice to take a break from the LA mod to play something a little more "exotic". I think the biggest thing that could be added would be stations. I generally put all the units from a certain station at the station but a return command would be nice. Still a great mod and keep up the good work.

I think a new map is in order (if i remember rightly one was being made) it is a shame that such a good mod has slowed down so much, what happened to sniped222 and mintcake69? if they dont have time to carry on i think it would be good if we could get a little team together just to keep it going and let sniped222 and mintcake69 look over it. I just feel that it is a shame that it has just stopped as i feel this mod is one of the best if not the best :):police:

Hi all both me and my mate have loved playing london mod so much and have came up with a list of things we feel would make the mod on a whole new level.

1. Map- Have street nams on the map. Add stations like in LA Mod for police fire and ambulance as well as a hospital where units can go to and park up without going off the map. Park up points dotted arround the map for units to go and park up on.
  2. Units and personall- Give armed units the ability to patrol. Creat mountid police for riot situations. Make it so that the police dogs bite. Add some more units like DPG Forensic and Fire Investigation. Add a marked a fire chief car. Have the ability to put up cordan tape barryers and even cones. Have only one person with a strecher.
  3. Other things- Add a dispatcher like in winterburg mod. Ability to call out units like in LA Mod. Make emergencys last longer.

Apart from that the mod is so cool.

@rusty: Still working on that Police MOtorbike issue... :D

@jim:

1. Stations take an awful lot of work although have been talked about many times. Street names on the map as per Harbour City Mod ruin the look IMHO. Park-up points? Why not just station some units in car parks like they do in real life?

2. The ARV's not having patrol is an oversight that would be fixed if there was to be another version. Mounted Units have only bee demo-ed in one mod and didn't seem to work particularly well, will see if I can find the vid. Police dogs that work like Hoppah's are very hard, man it took the man himself months to do. DPG, Forensics, CID and Marked Chief Cars might appear if there was to be another version, would be Mintcake and Sniped's decisions. Cones and barriers might be able to be implemented, although cordon tape that works unlike the barriers hasn't been made yet.

3. The dispatch function from Winterberg needs a scripting capability that is far and above average. And what do you mean about emergencies lasting longer? Fire's burn quite well and there's not much more you can do with a Medical Emergency...?

Thanks for the interest and the input; I'm not trying to shoot you down, just provide reasons why they aren't, and maybe won't, appear in the mod :)

The OC-D

I think a new map is in order (if i remember rightly one was being made) it is a shame that such a good mod has slowed down so much, what happened to sniped222 and mintcake69? if they dont have time to carry on i think it would be good if we could get a little team together just to keep it going and let sniped222 and mintcake69 look over it. I just feel that it is a shame that it has just stopped as i feel this mod is one of the best if not the best :):police:

Just to say I agree with all these comments a great mod that is unfortunately falling behind the times and with great mods like manhattan mod v3 that most of us even with super gaming computers can not play we need this to get updated and as I am personally from the UK near london I would love to see some more UK oriented mods born or updated in line with current developments in say LA and Manhattan Mods

I'm interested in what you mean by 'falling behind'...? Every mod is an advancement on the original game, every mod adds new things, different things that other mods don't have. Currently we're not sure whether Sniped or Mintcake are going to return to this, so we might have to treat it as a dead end, c'est la vie. The only way that new mods are gonna get made is if people are willing to give their time to learn to mod :)

The OC-D

Just to say I agree with all these comments a great mod that is unfortunately falling behind the times and with great mods like manhattan mod v3 that most of us even with super gaming computers can not play we need this to get updated and as I am personally from the UK near london I would love to see some more UK oriented mods born or updated in line with current developments in say LA and Manhattan Mods

I'm interested in what you mean by 'falling behind'...? Every mod is an advancement on the original game, every mod adds new things, different things that other mods don't have. Currently we're not sure whether Sniped or Mintcake are going to return to this, so we might have to treat it as a dead end, c'est la vie. The only way that new mods are gonna get made is if people are willing to give their time to learn to mod :)

The OC-D

i think it is just an awesome mod guys, it is perfect just the way it is, i don't give i f**k ( sorry for bad languis) if there are any bugs, or that it isnn't that good as manhattan mod, it is perfect!!!

sorry for bad english, i'm dutch!

Greets from the fire dept, zaandam!

This is a message for either sniped222 or mintcake69 I have sent you both pm's about permissions to use some of your models please contact me back asap via pm please or if anyone knows their emails or fb profiles incase they have left the em-planet community.

Last contact I had with Mintcake was March 2012 and gave explicit instructions that models/skins etc. were not to be used without permission. I have no external contact for him so you need to wait or find an alternative I'm afraid :)

The OC-D

yeah well of course we would not use them in the mod unless we did get permission which is what we are seeking and would obviously in return let them use any of our models in their own private or public future projects so if you hear from them get them in touch thanks ocd

This is what my PRIVATE London Mod looks like,

Map: Has working police station, A&E, 2 Fire stations (well it did have until i messed it up tried to load LA map into game but now have NY map with LA map in corner (any help please))

police station has 6 parking spaces

A&E ambulances have 3 spaces

Fire station 1: 3 fire engines ( 2x pumps 1x ladder) 1 officers car,

Station 2: just 2 pumps and a car

wanting to add on station 1: hazmat/ IRU truck once i get the map issue sorted

TSGVan: can rotate, deploy front or back unlike NY Mod i havent used shields or fence as there not used all the time, also can go to the police station

Area cars: Can now patrol, chase and park at station

Police officers: call for: back up, ambulance, fire (la mod script)

Fire officers: ambulance, hazmat, Police (ny mod script)

more screen shots to come, using WIFI on computer and takes long!!!!!!

I am not going to release this its for my own use also i dont have permission to share this from current owners, i have however asked if i could but as mintcake isnt alone alot i have been waiting a month for reply

post-24388-0-09917800-1366662520_thumb.p

post-24388-0-74183900-1366662548_thumb.p

post-24388-0-26603300-1366662747_thumb.p

Hello guys!

I uploaded a fix for the trafficlight-bug that works fine on my computer. You can download it here. This might or might not fix your problems, all I know is that this works for me! As always, read the readme and remember to back up your files!

The trafficlight-bug is that the traffic lights cycle is way too short. The lights turn back to red too fast and doesn't let any cars through. It causes severe traffic jams and makes the mod close to unplayable, for me at least.

NOT EVERYONE HAVE THIS PROBLEM. The bug depends on your computers performance. Basically, the faster your computer is the worse this bug is.

I got permission from mintcake, don't worry.

does anyone still have this bug fix as the link no longer works??

so i have been playing around with this mod for abit now, not really done alot of work just found things ie scripts and just added them in, just finished off the fire stations from the "fachzug22" Mod so thanks to them for the buildings, so heres what i got on my map, did have the go to station script working until i tried to upload a different map and some how messed it all up so need someone who is good a scripting to give us a hand if they dont mind :L

fa_zpsd243abda.png

fa2_zps2938ab22.png