sniped222

London Mod (V1.3 RELEASED)

Hi All,

London Mod v1.3 should now be available in the download section.

Many thanks to theocd, randomperson139, Pottyscotty and Wkboy714 for assisting at the beta testing stage; your help, input and advice were greatly appreciated. 

And also to Sniped222 for his continuing support of the various updates.

I’ve just got a few points to make before signing off.

If you like the mod…that’s fine

If you don’t like the mod…that’s fine. The world would be a boring place if we were all the same!

However, if you feel disappointed or surprised that a certain unit or script wasn’t included in the game, or that a particular ‘feature’ didn’t function as you’d expected, then please resist the temptation to post your thoughts within theses pages…Because too be quite frank… I’m not interested in your opinion!
Everything I wanted to see in a mod is in there...And that’s all the matters!

Please make sure you install v1.3 as a completely separate version and DO NOT overwrite v1.2 if it’s already in your mod folder!

Please make a ‘concerted effort’ to familiarize yourself with the ‘known issues’ in the mod by reading the appropriate PDF that’s been placed within the ‘clearly identifiable’ game folder! And remember, there are no prizes for wanting to be the first to report a bug! 

The mod uses the ‘standard’ EM4 installer, as this provides the safest, most convenient and hassle-free form of installation for the majority of users, I am ‘fully aware’ that some people have problems with this installation method but that’s the only one there will be…So please DO NOT PM me asking for an alternate method of installation! 

The mod is pretty graphics intensive and there can be considerable ‘game lag’ for those using computers with medium/lower spec graphics cards & CPU’s. With that in mind I took the decision to drastically reduce the number of events taking place on the map at any one time. If you decide to edit the ‘freeplay params’ file to increase the number of incidents, then you do so at your own risk! 
  If you’re still having problems getting the mod to run properly because of lower pc specs, then I’m very sorry, there’s nothing I can do about it. And no…I have no plans to release a ‘lite version’ so don’t ask!  

And finally…Please don’t PM me asking to use the London Mod (especially the map) as a starting point for ANY kind of submod…No permission will be given now…Or anytime in the future! 

Currently, I have no plans to work on v1.4, so for now, v1.3 will be the last edition.

Many thanks to all those who have downloaded the mod in the past…And ‘Stuck with it’... awaiting the arrival of the latest version! 

Kind Regards
Mintcake69 

Topic edited at request.

Edited by randomperson139
At request. New version released.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Hey!

We need a scripter badly!

I would have the units ingame but...

i dont understand how to import them!

can you do that and all the lights and stuff?

if so, do you want to join the team?

Thats not scripting, thats file admin :P

Read Hoppah's tutorial :)

Guest BloodBiker

Please tell me you are not going to use the Skoda and Volvo S60, the Met police don't use them, i've been photographing Met police vehicles for the past 20 years and never seen these that you have made, they did have a Volvo S70 saloon for the SEG but that has long been sold.

Paul