sniped222

London Mod (V1.3 RELEASED)

You know...i think it would be cool if a mod actually included a Shotgun...and London SO19 Use shotguns for hostage situations in buildings for CQB

But what would the shotgun do more than the MP5 and generic pistol in the mod? The shotgun is most often used with the Hatton round to blow door locks off or doors off their hinges but short of scripting it to work like a Fire Axe as well, things get complex. Also, CO19 prefer to use Enforcers, Big Bertha's, Sledgehammers, Hooly Bars and Pressure Rams to get rid of doors, they rarely carry the shotgun.

The OC-D

Ah so where do I start?

Basically, I have been a fan of the emergency services in London for years. I would of joined the London Fire Brigade, had it not been an escipade into her majesties armed forces, and subsequent setting up my own graphic design busines since. I have lived in London my entire life (apart from my service), and despite being 27, still find myself transfixed when an emergency vehicle flashes by. I am also an avid gamer, but not only gamer, a modder. I have worked on numerous mods, and am currently (in my spare time) working on an undreal project which see's the player trying to fight and rebuild London after a Nuclear strike in the mid 80s. Thats my gaming and moral background, so let me tell you, when i found this mod, I was pretty amazed at the content it promised, but in the back of my mind was prepared for dissapointment.... I was then bizarelly dissapointed that i wasnt dissapointed!

I take my hats off to all the devlopers. It is stunning. It is quite possibly one of the greatest mods I have played... and I include the likes of Middle-East Crisis, Easter Front, Day of defeat and Counterstrike. I dont want to lick anymore arses here, but what you guys have done, it seems, its tailor your product to exactly my need! lol! the only thing that dissapoints me is that i didint discover it sooner.

Please keep up everything you do, if there are graphical things you need, then let me know, I would love to spend a few hours creating a Strategy or unit guide of some kind. I am also a 3d modeller, but i would in all honesty leave that to you guys as you have it down.

Thanks again....

a fan, Hendrix.

Ah so where do I start?

Basically, I have been a fan of the emergency services in London for years. I would of joined the London Fire Brigade, had it not been an escipade into her majesties armed forces, and subsequent setting up my own graphic design busines since. I have lived in London my entire life (apart from my service), and despite being 27, still find myself transfixed when an emergency vehicle flashes by. I am also an avid gamer, but not only gamer, a modder. I have worked on numerous mods, and am currently (in my spare time) working on an undreal project which see's the player trying to fight and rebuild London after a Nuclear strike in the mid 80s. Thats my gaming and moral background, so let me tell you, when i found this mod, I was pretty amazed at the content it promised, but in the back of my mind was prepared for dissapointment.... I was then bizarelly dissapointed that i wasnt dissapointed!

I take my hats off to all the devlopers. It is stunning. It is quite possibly one of the greatest mods I have played... and I include the likes of Middle-East Crisis, Easter Front, Day of defeat and Counterstrike. I dont want to lick anymore arses here, but what you guys have done, it seems, its tailor your product to exactly my need! lol! the only thing that dissapoints me is that i didint discover it sooner.

Please keep up everything you do, if there are graphical things you need, then let me know, I would love to spend a few hours creating a Strategy or unit guide of some kind. I am also a 3d modeller, but i would in all honesty leave that to you guys as you have it down.

Thanks again....

a fan, Hendrix.

Great words man, I agree, as being 14 and had lived in London for 13 years, i suppose you have to get used to emergency vehicles, Im contemplating moving back and joining the LFB or staying here in Suffolk and joining the Royal Marines.

Anyway :1046276160_schildbacktotopic: loving the mod and cant wait for future updates.

You've just missed the LFB recruitment mate, pay is real low but you get a better pay rate working at an airport fire station I missed applying at Heathrow by a day! This brings me on to the next topic. If we wish to play this on campaign mode in future with a Beta release, will we have airport units from Heathrow? I know it's looked after by Met and LAS but Heathrow has it's own private Fire service, what will be done regarding that?

It was just a relevant question Reece.... :-)

Also, I have a mate up a stratford Fire station who said they recruited for a short period and got over 100,000 people apply for like 150 posts! so it wont be for a couple of years.

I cant seem to stop playing this mod right now! I'm going to look into it a bit more, but i'm seriously in the mind to create a couple of buildings for it.

hi love the mod being from the uk myself it is nice to be able to play a good mad that is based closer to home

the only two things i could thing of being improved in the mod is simply...

changing

1. the white helmets fire fighters name on the menu from "person in charge of the appliance and fire station" to crew manager (there right name)

2. and make the crew managers more of a supervising role (like the chief in la mod) crew manager never gets involved in the fire fighing he's more of the supervisor so disable him being able to extinguish fire's etc.

hi love the mod being from the uk myself it is nice to be able to play a good mad that is based closer to home

the only two things i could thing of being improved in the mod is simply...

changing

1. the white helmets fire fighters name on the menu from "person in charge of the appliance and fire station" to crew manager (there right name)

2. and make the crew managers more of a supervising role (like the chief in la mod) crew manager never gets involved in the fire fighing he's more of the supervisor so disable him being able to extinguish fire's etc.

But if needed, he would and perfectly could take control of a house to control the fire, Only if needed

I will get a list of all vehicles ingame and post what they are supposed to do.

True... Wasnt sure if the you was going for realism. and the realistic thing is he would call for back up and not get involved himself

Well if support engine couldnt get there in time, he will have to do it :1046276128_motz:

But anyway, i suppose both ways could be realistic, I mean even ingame i dont let him touch a hose, unless its a REALLY big fire.

@MusicamanDSP (Prepare for wall of text...)

Police Units:

Response Cars: (Silver BMW, Orange Stripe) These units contain normal officers, which for the UK means ASP and Pepper Spray but no Firearms, and their primary job is to respond to 999 emergency calls. They can hold 2 officers and 2 civilians in game but police normally carry one suspect per vehicle.

Traffic Cars: (Silver BMW, Blue and Green Battenberg) These units contain Traffic Officer who are essentially normal officers but with white hats and fluorescent jackets. In real life they are mainly responsible for pursuits and road accidents, in game their BMW's are slightly quicker to represent advanced driver training.

Area Cars: (Vauxhall Astras) The contain police officers who are responsible for a specific area in London, sometimes called a beat. They have lower powered cars as they are not meant for pursuit, rather containment.

ARVs: (BMW Sedan) These Armed Response Vehicles (ARVs, also known as ARUs for Armed Response Units) contain officers from the Metropolitan Police's elite Firearm's Unit, CO19. These officers are most likely Authorised Firearms Officers and carry in addition to the 'normal kit' a Glock 17 and can retrieve a Heckler and Koch MP5A3 from their cars. Most carry Tazers now as well. A slight unrealistic representation in the mod is that the MP5s are burst/automatic whereas they are restricted to Semi only as they are authorised "Sufficient force to remove the threat."

TSG Vans: (Mercedes Sprinter Box Van) These vans carry officers from the Met Police's Territorial Support Unit. These officers deal primarily with violent suspect and Public Order incidents, they are also the officers who deal with riots. In game they can get a riot shield but unlike real life it is bullet proof in the mod.

MarPol Unit: (Land Rover) This is the Marine Policing Unit and contains officers who are trained in diving and the use of boats to patrol the River Thames and to search for missing persons and evidence.

Hope that helps,

The OC-D

Police Units:

Area Cars: (Silver BMW, Orange Stripe) These units contain normal officers, which for the UK means ASP and Pepper Spray but no Firearms, and their primary job is to respond to 999 emergency calls. They can hold 2 officers and 2 civilians in game but police normally carry one suspect per vehicle.

Traffic Cars: (Silver BMW, Blue and yellow Battenberg) These units contain Traffic Officer who are essentially normal officers but with white hats and fluorescent jackets. In real life they are mainly responsible for pursuits and road accidents, in game their BMW's are slightly quicker to represent advanced driver training.

Incident Response Vehicles (Known as IRV's): (Vauxhall Astra hatchbacks, Ford Focus hatchbacks, Hyundai i30 hatchbacks) The contain police officers who are responsible for a specific area in London, sometimes called a beat. They have lower powered cars as they are not meant for pursuit, rather containment.

ARVs: (BMW 525d Saloon & Estates) These Armed Response Vehicles (ARVs, also known as ARUs for Armed Response Units) contain officers from the Metropolitan Police's elite Firearm's Unit, CO19. These officers are most likely Authorised Firearms Officers and carry in addition to the 'normal kit' a Glock 17 and can retrieve a Heckler and Koch MP5A3 from their cars. Most carry Tazers now as well. A slight unrealistic representation in the mod is that the MP5s are burst/automatic whereas they are restricted to Semi only as they are authorised "Sufficient force to remove the threat."

TSG Vans: (Mercedes Sprinter Box Van as well as some older LWB white Mercedes Sprinters left) These vans carry officers from the Met Police's Territorial Support Unit. These officers deal primarily with violent suspect and Public Order incidents, they are also the officers who deal with riots. In game they can get a riot shield but unlike real life it is bullet proof in the mod.

MarPol Unit: (Land Rover) This is the Marine Policing Unit and contains officers who are trained in diving and the use of boats to patrol the River Thames and to search for missing persons and evidence.

Station Vans: (Ford Transits) These vans are used in areas of London and can respond to emergency calls just like the IRV's or Area cars but often are called upon by other units to transport violent prisoners as they have a cage in the back.

Hope that helps,

The OC-D

Made some minor alterations (in bold) :)

Police Units:

Response Cars: (Silver BMW, Orange Stripe) These units contain normal officers, which for the UK means ASP and Pepper Spray but no Firearms, and their primary job is to respond to 999 emergency calls. They can hold 2 officers and 2 civilians in game but police normally carry one suspect per vehicle.

Traffic Cars: (Silver BMW, Blue and Green Battenberg) These units contain Traffic Officer who are essentially normal officers but with white hats and fluorescent jackets. In real life they are mainly responsible for pursuits and road accidents, in game their BMW's are slightly quicker to represent advanced driver training.

Area Cars: (Vauxhall Astras) The contain police officers who are responsible for a specific area in London, sometimes called a beat. They have lower powered cars as they are not meant for pursuit, rather containment.

ARVs: (BMW Sedan) These Armed Response Vehicles (ARVs, also known as ARUs for Armed Response Units) contain officers from the Metropolitan Police's elite Firearm's Unit, CO19. These officers are most likely Authorised Firearms Officers and carry in addition to the 'normal kit' a Glock 17 and can retrieve a Heckler and Koch MP5A3 from their cars. Most carry Tazers now as well. A slight unrealistic representation in the mod is that the MP5s are burst/automatic whereas they are restricted to Semi only as they are authorised "Sufficient force to remove the threat."

TSG Vans: (Mercedes Sprinter Box Van) These vans carry officers from the Met Police's Territorial Support Unit. These officers deal primarily with violent suspect and Public Order incidents, they are also the officers who deal with riots. In game they can get a riot shield but unlike real life it is bullet proof in the mod.

Hope that helps,

The OC-D

hey thanks for the info :) helped me out a lot here, fantastic job on recreating the force in the mod :)

But again regular officers don't carry tasers, only armered officers do. So it would be pointless.

Regular officers do wear tasers, its becoming more and more common. For london, where ARVs are more often than not closer to the incident it may be less common, but in cornwall it is pretty common for a regular officer to have been taser trained.

Regular officers do wear tasers, its becoming more and more common. For london, where ARVs are more often than not closer to the incident it may be less common, but in cornwall it is pretty common for a regular officer to have been taser trained.

Yes but it's still very recent and not really that common, not like every regular office in the UK is now taser trained, but maybe it will become the case in 2 years time, but still that's not now.