Hoppah

Stolen car event does not work

If the event works fine on the Deluxe map in v1.8 (and v1.8.1) then it should also work in v1.9 on the Deluxe map. The new map has NO Deluxe version yet. :)

I meant could you use the chase command on the Amok Driver event?

Will the people with deluxe not be able to get the deluxe events on the new map?

Hoppah can you reale config fiels? (if it is not a secrete)

freeplayparameters.xml etc

freeplayparameters.xml has all events disabled. fp_params_endless.xml is the file you need to edit for the events. It looks like freeplayparameters.xml is only being used for the score thingies.

I meant could you use the chase command on the Amok Driver event?

Will the people with deluxe not be able to get the deluxe events on the new map?

There is no Deluxe version of the map yet, because I can't fix two maps for the same bugs. Only the normal events have been added to the new map so far and I will release that version first. A deluxe version (with the deluxe events indeed) and possibly a multiplayer version will be released later.

freeplayparameters.xml has all events disabled. fp_params_endless.xml is the file you need to edit for the events. It looks like freeplayparameters.xml is only being used for the score thingies.

Last my ideas:

Looks on conf fiels with Vista note pad (he has different colourls and you will se if something is wrong)

More try to use standart civil car

Hoppah, have you tested the map without the new scripts?

Besides the scripts for the tiller and the follow command v1.9 does not really have new scripts. I can't imagine they would conflict with this event. Besides that, the event still seems to work on the other maps including the new scripts. :)

Tried, did not work. Tried the values "1.0", "1.5" and "2.0". :(

HAve u tried setting every other event to zero and just have this event going?? or is tht how u test it in the first place?!

1. if u dont, then do and see what happens

2. if u do, then how long do u wait to see if it comes up?? yeh i know if u messed wiht the code it should get it to happen quicker, but have u left it for a period of time to see if it does happen, or even seen it failed??

but sorry if this is this is stupid/ uve done it already!

HAve u tried setting every other event to zero and just have this event going?? or is tht how u test it in the first place?!

1. if u dont, then do and see what happens

2. if u do, then how long do u wait to see if it comes up?? yeh i know if u messed wiht the code it should get it to happen quicker, but have u left it for a period of time to see if it does happen, or even seen it failed??

but sorry if this is this is stupid/ uve done it already!

Events won't just spawn when you do nothing. It's not like you have 100's of events going on when you stay idle for 1 hour. Sometimes you have 3 or 4 or even 5 events going on at the same time, but usually no more. Unless you play challenge maybe, but when you play neverending freeplay you HAVE TO finish events to get new events.

Let me just ask one question... This works fine if you play it on the original freeplay, but if you use the new freeplay map it won't work?

Yes, like I said, the event seems to work fine when I switch back to the original (v1.8.1) map. Although I might need to test that again, because it's been a while.

Without any idea on the chase script (And you SHOULDN'T pass that out :P), There's not much to work with. I'd blame whatever function halts the car, even if it were thee same as the Heli follow function does, but if it works on 1.8.1, it doesn't make sense to not work on 1.9.

I agree with Brendon that although it seems pointless, it might be worth checking to see if it works without the tiller or the chase script. Heck, I'd test the map using the original vehicles, if they'll even show up on that map with all the bases... That way there's absolutely no way they have even some odd random issue in conjunction with new scripts, maps, and events.

Or maybe a variable that didn't seem important in the old map that is but wasn't carried over? That's all I've got.

Well personally if there is a problem with the stolen vehicle that you have spent all day (probably longer) looking for then I would just forget it for now until someone comes forward. If someone as talented as you can't figure it out then I would just wait for someone else who has had this problem before to come forward. If it is a problem with the map or the scripts than I say f*** the stolen car. :D

Edited by Newfoundking
Foul Language Removal

Guest [SAP]Francis
hello man, I know how to solve your problem, but since when I asked you for help, you never helped me, why should I help you now? Solve your problem on your own as I'm doing for my mod.

Ciro

Then you'll just get a nice warning just for posting here for no reason. :1046275767_ugly:

Guest Ricardo

Hoppah, I just saw this on the main site, maybe this'll work to start the event? And if it does work, then you just had bad luck while waiting for it to happen. :P

Type: DUSK in freeplay and a random event will happen (NOTE: Its recommended to have a very good computer to use this cheat!)

http://emergency-planet.com/index.php?opti...7&Itemid=53

hello man, I know how to solve your problem, but since when I asked you for help, you never helped me, why should I help you now? Solve your problem on your own as I'm doing for my mod.

Ciro

How charming some people are here on the forums

i do hope you solve this issue Hoppah,and this game has some strange things happen to it,so hopefully some of the nicer people here will help you solve this issue

Ciro

Wow, you really [deleted by Pyrothijs]

As for more of you're problem

I think pyrothijs is right. If you could look or something that would be awesome.