Hoppah

Stolen car event does not work

hello man, I know how to solve your problem, but since when I asked you for help, you never helped me, why should I help you now? Solve your problem on your own as I'm doing for my mod.

Ciro

Then you'll just get a nice warning just for posting here for no reason. :1046275767_ugly:

i dont think that you can get a warn for that, since when you can get a warn for: not helping

Ciro is allowed to express his personal opinion, no matter how childish it makes him look. If you do not agree with his opinion or the manner in which he is expressing it, either keep your thoughts to yourself or respectfully bring it to his attention.

Now let's get back on topic here and help Hoppah solve his problem.

Hi,

As most of you know I am working on a new freeplaymap for the LA Mod. The map is done, most events have been added. I only have one huge problem. The stolencar event does not work. What I did is this:

1. A parked car (without any assigned paths) with the name "stolencar".

2. Adding a path nearby with speed 7.5 and name "carthief01".

I tested for hours, with and without other events and the stolen car event DOES NOT happen. I even reverted to the old map to confirm there is nothing wrong with the xml file (fp_params_endless.xml), but the event works fine on the original freeplay map. This means there is probably something wrong with the map file (freeplay.e4m) of the new map. I just have no idea what's wrong. :(

Found a similar problem without solution on the German forum:

Autodiebstahl in der FP (Probleme) (in German)

I hope someone is able to help me, before I am gonna hurt myself. :(

Hoppah

Im not an expert, but i do know alot of the editor and so..

(i say it in dutch, then in English, because hoppah is dutch:D)

1) Heb je een PERSOON wel de carthief01 path gegeven (Standard Path, niet ESCAPE path)

2) Heb je die persoon dichtbij de path gezet (maakt niet veel uit, maar dan krijg je de event sneller)

3) Het lijkt mij raar, want volgens mij moet je dan nog een path maken (bv: carthief02) voor de gestolen wagen,,. en dan de wagen, de ESCAPE path geven: carthief02

Probeer is.... daar KAN het aan liggen, zelf denk ik dat het aan 1 of 3 ligt.

English:

1) Have you even given the person the carthief01 path. (standard path, not escape path)

2) Have you put the person close to the path ( doesn't matter really)

3) It seems odd, because, i think you have to make a second path (ex: carthief02) for the stolen vehicle,,. and then give the car an escape path: Carthief02

Try it out.... that MAY be the problem, i think its 1 or 3 (or both)

The car thief path needs to be an escape path. Have you done that?

Please show me proof, because I am really starting to think that people are just making things up for possible solutions. That does not only count for you but also for Maffegozer. Giving these stolencars an escape path is NOT the way it works. I've checked the original maps a million of times. You can assign normal and escape paths to objects like persons and vehicles, but the paths itself do NOT have settings for that. For very obvious reasons, persons do not have the same "carthiefxx" path. These paths are for vehicles because they are set to a higher speed (7.5). Ever saw a person walking almost 4 times as fast as usual? There are no second paths which have to do with that event at all. The map has a couple of paths with that name and that's it.

1) Heb je een PERSOON wel de carthief01 path gegeven (Standard Path, niet ESCAPE path)

2) Heb je die persoon dichtbij de path gezet (maakt niet veel uit, maar dan krijg je de event sneller)

3) Het lijkt mij raar, want volgens mij moet je dan nog een path maken (bv: carthief02) voor de gestolen wagen,,. en dan de wagen, de ESCAPE path geven: carthief02

Summary in Dutch: Expert of niet, we gaan niet zomaar dingen VERZINNEN, want wat je nu allemaal neer zet is de grootste onzin. Al eens een map bekeken waarop de event wel werkt? Ooit wel eens personen met die carthief01 path gezien??????

Sterker nog, volgens andere ervaren modders spawnt er automatisch een persoon in het voertuig. Personen op de map zijn dus totaal niet relevant.

hello man, I know how to solve your problem, but since when I asked you for help, you never helped me, why should I help you now? Solve your problem on your own as I'm doing for my mod.

Ciro

It's ok. You could never know I was very busy with a mod and a pretty big community. A loner like you just doesn't stand out like the rest.

[censored]

I can provoke and be a pain in the neck too.

Guest [SAP]Francis
It's ok. You could never know I was very busy with a mod and a pretty big community.

[censored]

I can provoke and be a pain in the neck too.

Hoppah you're good. That guy would already be banned from the forums so he couldn't get 1.9. :D

Can't wait to give bans. You don't HAVE TO help me, I don't HAVE TO help you. It's a free forum, nobody is getting paid. I am doing this in my free time. But please shut up and stay away from my topics if you don't like my behaviour and/or mod.

* Hoppah adds 75% warning to himself

Guest Ricardo
Can't wait to give bans. You don't HAVE TO help me, I don't HAVE TO help you. It's a free forum, nobody is getting paid. I am doing this in my free time. But please shut up and stay away from my topics if you don't like my behaviour and/or mod.

* Hoppah adds 75% warning to himself

I think he gets what you mean now, Hoppah. :P

I do not even remember what he needed help for. If it was something simple regarding modding, there are many other members who can help too. Compared to last year, there is a big increase of people who are trying to edit scripts and that's usually difficult stuff. It's great to see that. If he he wanted to get permission to take something from my mod, he could've ask it again. Sometimes, I just miss PM's because I used to get dozens a day. It's not a reason to start acting like that. And remember, I did not start it. He's the one who posted here. I should boycott his mod.

Guest Ricardo
I do not even remember what he needed help for. If it was something simple regarding modding, there are many other members who can help too. Compared to last year, there is a big increase of people who are trying to edit scripts and that's usually difficult stuff. It's great to see that. If he he wanted to get permission to take something from my mod, he could've ask it again. Sometimes, I just miss PM's because I used to get dozens a day. It's not a reason to start acting like that. And remember, I did not start it. He's the one who posted here. I should boycott his mod.

It was probably nothing important that he solved himself, and now crying because you didn't help him so he could solve his problem earlier.. :1046276372_bawling:

He shouldn't even have posted here, it doesn't help anybody.

Guest NPD-Traffic
hoppah you dont need to insult me and my family, only children act like that and you can't flame it. Stan should ban you for your ******** behavior.

Ciro

Is there not a rule on using such profane words remember there are kids on these boards...Even if there is flame (i didnt bother to read yet) doesnt mean you need to say such words. If you feel the need to argue there is a PM key ;)

(srry for off topic)

@hoppah

Does the even still have its issue with the paths and other routes set? or has the issue been resolved?

Does the even still have its issue with the paths and other routes set? or has the issue been resolved?

Did not resolve the problem yet. Will do a few tests and when it's not resolved I will release v1.9 with the bugged event. We'll come to a solutation later. More people can do more than just me only, right? The problem is weird but I do not really miss the event or something.

hoppah you dont need to insult me and my family, only children act like that and you can't flame it. Stan should ban you for your f***in behavior.

'a mamt fè i bukkin' ca 'e ccosc' aprt stu wuapp e carton wà a kist' a sorrt' zoccl' sta n'gopp a strad' crep' all'anim di ki tà murt' vè

Ciro

Wow dude you are a bit stressed ! :1046275767_ugly:

I appoligize for this but it is the last thing i can think of. If this event works lime the event in the chase script video where the car starts after the suspect gets in, could that car have some how have the same properties?

Best wishes,

Jab16