Guest miked9372

firefighter command -raging inferno-

ive got a problem with the demo for FD2 everytime i install i try to play it some error comes up

As far as I know, you can't play it on Windows Vista or 7. FD3, I'm not sure, it works fine for me on Vista but I'm not sure about 7. Have you tried running it on compatibility mode? :gruebel:

FD3 runs fine with Windows 7.

Compatibility mode does not fix the issue with Fire Department 2.

The reason the Fire department 2 demo doesn't work appears to be down to DRM. When I ran the demo in Admin mode, an error popped up on the demo launcher, and Windows7 informed me that the "Starforce Protection Driver" has been blocked due to incompatibility. If you go to a section on the Starforce website, it tells you that products using versions below 5.5 are not supported on windows 7.

The good news is that there's a patch for the game. The patch will most likely not work with the demo, but I'm downloading it to see what the release notes are.

The bad news is that while Starforce offers a free upgrade to publishers/developers to fix the problem, Monte Cristo shut down last year. So if the patch doesn't fix the issue, you have no hope.

edit: Couldn't get it to run on XP on a virtual machine either :(

2nd edit: Just ran the patch and got the fixes included in the patch. I believe I got the patch from here. The patch appears to just have fixed bugs in the game, no support for windows 7.

Googling to try and solve this issue too... Starforce is notorious for crap costumer support and had a lawsuit filled against them for DMR using rootkits that were believed to steal personal information (I think lol) I'm looking for a work around, well I have a work around but I can't post it on the site.

Googling to try and solve this issue too... Starforce is notorious for crap costumer support and had a lawsuit filled against them for DMR using rootkits that were believed to steal personal information (I think lol) I'm looking for a work around, well I have a work around but I can't post it on the site.

it's a damn shame they can't do anything for us. it can't be that hard for them to disable the protection system don't you think? or at least modify it somehow so it doesn't require the actual programs it can run on. i tried deleting the protection system, but the game wouldn't run without it. doesn't that mean something in the script requires it to do so? i would think someone on here who does all this modding may be able to help us out.

And this is where I have to close this topic. The last post on this topic is 5 years, its pretty unlikely that there is any support for this mod. You yourself know that its bumping a dead topic, so I wont go into explaining the rules.

• Upvote 1