Guest --ToM--

[help] eme4 on windows 7

Guest --ToM--
Click on FAQ in my signature and the search for the Technical Help FAQ. There is a special crash to desktop section in it.

i read all the FAQ file

i do all the thing's there

but it isnt helpful

i try to explaine myself

when i click on 911 first respond icon on my desktop

i saw black screen, its flash like its try to open the game and after a secund its crash to desktop

i have laptop

T6400

4 GBDDR

duecore

ati 3400 series 256'DDR

windows 7

i dont think the problem is the computer...

DXDIAG saw no problems

i swich the config file

nothing help

what can i do???? :unsure:

windows 7

i dont think the problem is the computer...

DXDIAG saw no problems

i swich the config file

nothing help

what can i do???? :unsure:

Can you upload your dxdiag file and a logfile please?

Guest --ToM--
Look in the Emergency 4\Data\Video folder and see if you can play the video's without starting the game.

yes i can see the movies without starting the game

yes i can see the movies without starting the game

You can try 'downsizing' your videocard drivers to a version from 2008. A lot of people with new videocards found that it helped. Apperently the higher drivers are 'too hot to handle' for the Emergency game. By downsizing, maybe you can solve your problem.

You could also try to see if you have a codec problem using sherlock, if you haven't done it already.

Also make sure you run as an administrator and have the right to acces all of the files from the game.

Without a logfile that's about the best I can do.

If nothing else works you can always try to reinstall the game and see if it will work. When it works only then you install mods etc. So we know it isn't the game. If it doesn't work it is something on your PC.

Guest --ToM--
You can try 'downsizing' your videocard drivers to a version from 2008. A lot of people with new videocards found that it helped. Apperently the higher drivers are 'too hot to handle' for the Emergency game. By downsizing, maybe you can solve your problem.

You could also try to see if you have a codec problem using sherlock, if you haven't done it already.

Also make sure you run as an administrator and have the right to acces all of the files from the game.

Without a logfile that's about the best I can do.

If nothing else works you can always try to reinstall the game and see if it will work. When it works only then you install mods etc. So we know it isn't the game. If it doesn't work it is something on your PC.

just the downsizing of the video card.....

maybe i will try to install the EM4 VER and not the 911 first responder

thanks a lot for your time and for your help :cheers-mate:

just the downsizing of the video card.....

maybe i will try to install the EM4 VER and not the 911 first responder

thanks a lot for your time and for your help :cheers-mate:

Technically that shouldn't make a difference. There both exactly the same game only 911 FR is in English and EM4 is in German. But who knows maybe it will work.

try reinstalling the game. your video card maynot be able to handel it either. im running windows 7 and i havent had an issue running the game. also try installing th game straight to your c:\ directory. this will help you if you need to change files in the games etc. windows 7 will NOT let you alter program files if you install it to the default location which would be c:\program files\wizardworks\em4

Guest --ToM--
try reinstalling the game. your video card maynot be able to handel it either. im running windows 7 and i havent had an issue running the game. also try installing th game straight to your c:\ directory. this will help you if you need to change files in the games etc. windows 7 will NOT let you alter program files if you install it to the default location which would be c:\program files\wizardworks\em4

i try all the options

i have 911 first respond

and em4 DE

try them boot

the same crash problem

my video card is ATI HD 3400 256DDR

lap top

i dont think my video card is the problem

but dam i cant play :1046276372_bawling::1046276372_bawling: