Hoppah

Replacing a vehicle in one of the fire stations

I hope this is the right place to put this (I don't want to get scolded). I'm trying to replace the Hazmat with the HEV. I followed the instructions and it spawns alright, with the right number of medics in the firestation. And the return to station seems to work fine. But when I "call HazMat" with the Battalion Chief, I get an HEV with four HazMat people from off-map. Presumably I screwed up the change to the BattalionChief script, but I'm looking at it and I can't figure out how to make it call the HEV from the station... Any ideas? Thanks!!

:welcome: to the forums. Can you post your edited script so we can see if there is anything wrong with it.

I actually just reverted it to the original, since I figured I had messed it up.

My error, I think, is that I changed the "const char" line for the hazmat into the HEV prototype...

But now I look at the call HazMat script but I can't figure out where/what to change to make it call the HEV out of the firestation.

Do I need to go in and figure out how to create/change the objects, etc? Or is there a change as simple as with the other scripts?

Is anyone able to post a working zip with everything that needs changing to replace the hazmat with a watertender or something else that is useful.

I've been trying for a while now but I can't seem to get it right, either the game crashes or the spot will just be empty .. that and I have no idea how to add the 'go to firestation' to a vehicle command list.

Guest MonkeySquasher

Question:

Trying to replace HAZMAT with Ladder Truck. I was able to do it with a previous version, with some tinkering with scripts and virtual objects.

Presently, running v2.0, no other submods. I changed all 4 scripts so that Ladder truck spawns in place of HAZMAT, and works perfectly. However, when I click "return to fire station", it says the station is full and returns to HQ. However, if I move the Ladder truck at Station 1, the Ladder from Station 2 will park there.

My question: Do I have to go into the objects and change them? Basically, enlarge the HAZMAT space to fit the Ladder, create a clone called Ladder2, and have it set to that space, so it doesn't only try to return to Station 1? I did something like that last time, but forgot how I did it. haha

Hmm, I still need to finish this 'tutorial', but I think it's too much work to descrive the necessary changes in the other scripts (especially the battalion chief script). I might write something down to add vehicles to the parking lot of fire station instead. Something that was already done in one of the submods.

Guest cfde117
Question:

Trying to replace HAZMAT with Ladder Truck. I was able to do it with a previous version, with some tinkering with scripts and virtual objects.

Presently, running v2.0, no other submods. I changed all 4 scripts so that Ladder truck spawns in place of HAZMAT, and works perfectly. However, when I click "return to fire station", it says the station is full and returns to HQ. However, if I move the Ladder truck at Station 1, the Ladder from Station 2 will park there.

My question: Do I have to go into the objects and change them? Basically, enlarge the HAZMAT space to fit the Ladder, create a clone called Ladder2, and have it set to that space, so it doesn't only try to return to Station 1? I did something like that last time, but forgot how I did it. haha

I have the EXACT same issue as MonkeySquasher... I have been avoiding posting because I enjoy figuring it out for myself, but I have gotten this far and I just cannot figure out how to make the second ladder return to FS2... Am I reading right that it has something to do with using the editor?

I have the EXACT same issue as MonkeySquasher... I have been avoiding posting because I enjoy figuring it out for myself, but I have gotten this far and I just cannot figure out how to make the second ladder return to FS2... Am I reading right that it has something to do with using the editor?

I think the Hazmat shouldn't be @ sta 2. The ladder truck should be @ sta2. The hazmat should be just an extra unit like the rescue boat. It should come on the map from the north heading south @ left side of Hospital.

I want to be able to have the jaws of life on the BLS engine. I have been sucessful putting the Jaws of life on the truck but the FF's wont get it from the truck. Which other file do I have to alter (so they can get the Jaws of Life off of the BLS engine)?

No idea, maybe the getshears command (or whatever it is called)?

How exactly did you add the jaws of life to the engines? If you checked the boxes in the traits menu of the editor, I'm not sure if that will work because hoppah's models are locked so they can't be changed.

No idea, maybe the getshears command (or whatever it is called)?

How exactly did you add the jaws of life to the engines? If you checked the boxes in the traits menu of the editor, I'm not sure if that will work because hoppah's models are locked so they can't be changed.

I went into the Engine02 file in the vehicles folder. I had previously copied <unit id="JAWS OF LIFE" /> from the usar squad and I added it to the Engine02 file. I also changed the staffing and the amount of seats in some vehicles.

I went into the Engine02 file in the vehicles folder. I had previously copied <unit id="JAWS OF LIFE" /> from the usar squad and I added it to the Engine02 file. I also changed the staffing and the amount of seats in some vehicles.

I added the jaws of life to a few units like, the Heavy rescue, Large Ambulance, Hazmat and LEV. I do not know how to change vehicles @ stations, so I changed the staff of the hazmat to FF's and added Jaws of life and fire hose. I replace the hazmat staff when game starts. I did not change the files as you don't need to. I went to edit and click on the vehicles one at a time and went to edit straights and added the Jaws of life. :cheers-mate:

Guest FairfaxExplorer

Hey,

I want to replace the BLS ambulance in Station 2 with an ALS Ambulance. I've read through the posts, and the script, and I can't quite figure it out. Can I get some help?

Hey,

I want to replace the BLS ambulance in Station 2 with an ALS Ambulance. I've read through the posts, and the script, and I can't quite figure it out. Can I get some help?

If it were me I rather have the Large Rescue Ambulance @ station 2 with Ladder truck and existing engine.

Guest FairfaxExplorer

Right... well, through some messing around, I've gotten it to work... sort of. I: backed up the ambulance01.e4p files in Prototypes, Ambulances (Or whatever that is)

2. Made a copy of the ambulance02.e4p files

3. Renamed them, switching out the 02 for 01.

When I open the game, it still says BLS ambulance in the descriptor, but it is the ALS model. It also gives me paramedics with a stretcher, but not the paramedic with emt bag that I'm trying to get it to spawn with as well. I didn't have to edit any scripts beyond changing what units it spawns with. Any idea how to get the paramedic with emt bag to spawn as well?

I also changed the staffing on the Rescue and Aerial to reflect my home county, so 3 on the truck and 4 on the rescue.

looks like I am to stupid to get this whole thing .

first I wanted to replace the " hazmat " by the " ems-suv " but that did not get me anywhere , except for an empty parking bay at firestation 2 and here and there a crash - seems something about the file names - so I figured I try it with a different approach and use a vehicle where I am certain about the file names .

my first task was to get the spawning of the desired vehicle done , just as hoppah advised to do so at the beginning of the post .

i decided to put another battalion chief into FS2 as a replacement for the hazmat

I changed the following lines , so that they look like this

const char OBJ_HAZMATSQUAD[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/hazmat_squad.e4p";

const char OBJ_BATTALION[] = "mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/02 LA Fire Department/battalion_chief_vehicle.e4p";

const char VO_HAZMAT[] = "fs_hazmat";

const char VO_BATTALION[] = "fs_battalion";

ActorList l15 = Game::GetActors(VO_HAZMAT);

for(int i=0; i < l15.GetNumActors(); i++)

{

GameObjectList gate06a = Game::GetGameObjects(NAME_GATE06A);

for(int i=0; i < gate06a.GetNumObjects(); i++)

GameObject *gate = gate06a.GetObject(i);

Vector Hazmat = l15.GetActor(0)->GetPosition();

Vehicle m = Game::CreateVehicle(OBJ_HAZMATSQUAD, UNNAMED);

m.EnableBlueLights(false);

m.SetPosition(Hazmat);

m.SetRotation(gate);

m.UpdatePlacement();

m.SetMaxPassengers(4);

m.SetMaxTransports(2);

m.SetSpeed(8.0f);

m.PushActionWait(ACTION_NEWLIST, 1.0f);

m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 5, false);

m.PushActionWait(ACTION_APPEND, 1.5f);

m.PushActionWait(ACTION_APPEND, 0.5f);

against

ActorList l15 = Game::GetActors(VO_BATTALION);

for(int i=0; i < l15.GetNumActors(); i++)

{

GameObjectList gate06a = Game::GetGameObjects(NAME_GATE06A);

for(int i=0; i < gate06a.GetNumObjects(); i++)

GameObject *gate = gate06a.GetObject(i);

Vector BATTALION = l15.GetActor(0)->GetPosition();

Vehicle m = Game::CreateVehicle(OBJ_BATTALION, UNNAMED);

m.EnableBlueLights(false);

m.SetPosition(BATTALION);

m.SetRotation(gate);

m.UpdatePlacement();

m.SetMaxPassengers(4);

m.SetMaxTransports(0);

m.SetSpeed(12.0f);

m.PushActionWait(ACTION_NEWLIST, 1.0f);

m.PushActionWait(ACTION_APPEND, 1.5f);

the only result I get with this is , that I have an empty bay at the FS2 and a second BTC sitting on top of the original BTC at the parking lot ......

I guess my biggest problem is this , that I am not certain what position describes the " parking position within the FS " ....... if I assume right than they should be left for the pure matter of spawning with the original file name ( in this example the HAZMAT ) or am I wrong ?

- now I got it working ... at least partial

- now I got the LES based in Place of the HAZMAT acting as EMS , including the return to station command and gate open / close command

- really odd is something else ..... now I wanted to replace the USAR at FS1 and did try that by now with different vehicles but always with the same result - when ever I place a new vehicle in there to replace the USAR than the FS1 is empty except for the foremost two Fire Engines and two ALS Ambulances - FS 2 is completely vacant .....I don't get it

I'd changed all my script files to have the Tender replaced the Hazmat at Station 2, but when the Bat Chief uses the hazmat button, it calls a new Tender from off screen instead of calling the one in Station 2.

I've obviously missed something goofy in the script.

Any help would be much appreciated.

by now I got somehow the hang of it .... or at least partial ;-)

main problem seems for the most that they replace parts in the script which they should not replace ....

here I can offer some assistance but you have to keep the following in mind

most important part : make of the three scripts a backup first before you do anything

1st - I will send the scripts to hoppah and ask him for permission to post them here

2nd - the script is by now only partial complete - meaning : vehicle spawns at the desired FireStation , will be properly staffed at the initial spawning , can return to the station wit the gate commands .

3rd - the parts that are by now not working yet are : call out by BC , proper staffing by control panel alarm

4th - you still have to add in the EDITOR the command " return to firestation "

what you have to do with this to get your vehicles in place of the HAZMAT and / or USAR : you have to replace only in the three script parts the names which will be picked up by the " find " command

i.e. type LARGEAMBULANCE in the find menu and replace every hit with your desired vehicle ( you have to do this with the LaFireStation , LaToFireStation , LaFireStationStart scripts ) .

if you follow this you can repeat this with Lightequipment and after this you should have at FS 1 and FS 2 your desired vehicles in place with the above mentioned limitations .

I hope this will be of some help for the one or other person here .

The BC Script is still not done but I will work on this ! I have to be quite honest here ..... there are still some parts in the script where I am not certain what exactly they trigger and how but I will keep on trying and working until I understand it to the full extend but I will not supply anything whats untested and buggy - so what I will supply ( if I am allowed to do so ) is tested and works within the promised scope .