Hoppah

Replacing a vehicle in one of the fire stations

I went into the editor and thought I added a return to station feature for the Brush truck... now in game it does not have it. ( I replaced the Hazmat with the brush truck for station 2 )... HOW do I save it so that it has the commands I added?

What would be the correct number to replace the FF in the battalion chiefs car with the paramedic captain guy?

Ehh. I don't remember. :\ I think I've got it working I'm about to start it up and test all out. If I've done everything right now... Paramedic Capt. should spawn in the battalion chief vehicle and replace the FF in there already. And then a few vehicles SHOULD have extra commands as well as firefighters having stop traffic/redirect traffic. Wish me luck!

Edit: So thanks to another post I was able to figure it out and add Paramedic Captain to Battalion Chief vehicle by associating him with dummy id 8. I've gotten brush to work with hazmat but then something went wrong and all vehicles were emptying unlike how they should I reinstalled the latofirestation mod to have them not empty then it said brush truck can't go to the firestation 2. -sigh.- So I've changed OBJ_HAZMAT to OBJ_BRUSH and that should fix my issue... I'll test it in the morning. :\ I'm slowly getting the hang of the basic editing... I think...

If you made the edits for the brush to replace the hazmat, then install the personnel stay in trucks submod using the exe installer, it will completely over write all the changes you did. I would install the submod to you desktop. This gives you access to the files rather then over writing the ones you have changed. Now you need an a text comparison app. Personally I use Araxis Merge as I havent found any good freeware apps for text comparison(there tortisedif but i dont like it). Compare them side by side to see where the differences are and then copy the parts from the submod in to your actual lafirestationstart.script. Make sure you edit lafirestation.script to or else hazmat will staff the brush after you sound the alarm following the start of the game.

Chances are, when you got empty stations, you got a script error? Be sure to read these. It might sound like jibberish but with some understanding of C++ you will realize its telling you what needs to be changed, but sadly it doesnt tell you what it needs to be changed to :P

I don't really have a knowledge of C++. Basic HTML/CSS and PHP yeah... Then a bit of mIRC scripting language but I normally just stare at something for a long time and figure it out. I'd much rather figure it out and learn to edit it on my own than asking someone. Or atleast have them write it out in detail for me to go step by step.

I'ma download that program since I'm always needing it for other things... But it would be nice to have some more detailed guides giving a more in-depth step-by-step guide since the ones Hoppah puts are not good for those of us without experience. I luckly found another post where he posted information on how to modify what numbers vehicle amounts... but he did not explain much so it was mostly for me to figure it out. :/

We'll see. I am worried that people change more than is necessary and f*ck up their scripts.

If that's going to happen too much, this topic will be closed again before you would even notice it. :)

It all starts with simple edits. :12:

Hey Hoppah, could you just send me a replacement script for replacing the hazmat for the water tender by PM? :23_31_4:

I was wandering if you were to add another fire station on top right or middle right and have water tender, brush and small rescue squad 51, it would make it complete. The Hazmat would do better @ sta 1 and engine 2 replacing Hazmat @ sta2. Sta1 district has the chemical dangers and sta2 district has residential fire dangers. its common sense.

Station1:

Engine 1 & 2

Ladder

Hazmat

2 Ambulance's

Sta2:

Ambo2

Engine 1 & 2

Sta3:

Rescue Squad 51

Water Tender

Brush Truck

Oh, by the way, You did an outstanding job with the Mod and the patch's.....Good Show.......... :smoke:

^and a search thread section in the bottom left right after the last post people seem to miss. Doesnt apply here but just saying.

cosres, you do realize theres a t_reply.gif image/link so you dont have to quote a post every single time you reply.

I must have hit it by accident, my apology.... :sorrysign:

Question,

When i change the Firestation strat with a car that not has a go to fire station command how can i give it to this vehicle (HES) or does it get it straid away if i also change the 3 other files??

I'm getting confused when I go to change the staffing of the new vehicle. I've replaced the BLS ambulance with an ALS ambulance atg station 2, but when I go to the LAFireStationStart.script, I can't figure out where to change the staffing. From Hoppah's post, It seemed like you just put in the numbers for the people you wanted, but when I do that, I get a message that the script is undefined. any ideas?

GameObjectList gate08a = Game::GetGameObjects(NAME_GATE08A);

for(int i=0; i < gate08a.GetNumObjects(); i++)

GameObject *gate = gate08a.GetObject(i);

Vector Ambulance04 = l13.GetActor(0)->GetPosition();

Vehicle m = Game::CreateVehicle(OBJ_AMBULANCE01, UNNAMED);

m.EnableBlueLights(false);

m.SetPosition(Ambulance04);

m.SetRotation(gate);

m.UpdatePlacement();

m.SetMaxPassengers(2);

m.SetMaxTransports(1);

m.SetSpeed(12.0f);

m.PushActionWait(ACTION_NEWLIST, 4.5f);

m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 1, false);

m.PushActionWait(ACTION_APPEND, 0.5f);

m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 2, false);

try that one

- Jon

I've been trying to add a brush truck at fire station 1 and it seems to not work. I don't get any apparent error or anything. Did I do something wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just downloaded the LA Mod 1.9.2 SG Submod. It pretty much covers everything.

Edited by EMTFF

Hey all,

I'm just curious as to what proggy you all use to edit the scripts?

Thanks!

I like Notepad2

http://www.flos-freeware.ch/notepad2.html

Load a script file into it, got to view->syntax scheme->C++->click OK. Now edit away.

Technically you can use good ol regular notepad from windows but for scripts, this is much better.

I have tried all of the above but I have failed. My computer refuses to even let me see the files because of their format. I was hoping to change the Hazmat with the LEV. Can someone help me please. Thanks

I have been able to change all of the scripts. Does anyone know what file I have to go to to put the command go 2 firestation at?