Guest MonkeySquasher

Vehicle Staffing-Adding Personnel when the Alarm is Raised

Guest MonkeySquasher
i would like to know how to staff the ladder with 4 FF and the USAR with 4 USAR FF automaticly when the alarm is raised and every time that i call for those units.

Go into the "LAFireStationStart" script. Scroll down. When you see the area for the ladder and the USAR, you'll see these lines (BEWARE, I've modified my scripts, yours may not match number-wise or anything)...

ActorList l9 = Game::GetActors(VO_LADDER);
for(int i=0; i < l9.GetNumActors(); i++)
{
Vector Ladder = l9.GetActor(0)->GetPosition();
Vehicle m = Game::CreateVehicle(OBJ_LADDER, UNNAMED);
m.EnableBlueLights(false);
m.SetPosition(Ladder);
m.UpdatePlacement();
m.SetMaxPassengers(6);
m.SetSpeed(9.0f);
m.PushActionWait(ACTION_NEWLIST, 1.4f);
m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 3, false);
m.PushActionWait(ACTION_APPEND, 0.5f);

.....double those last lines, so it looks like this...

ActorList l9 = Game::GetActors(VO_LADDER);
for(int i=0; i < l9.GetNumActors(); i++)
{
Vector Ladder = l9.GetActor(0)->GetPosition();
Vehicle m = Game::CreateVehicle(OBJ_LADDER, UNNAMED);
m.SetPosition(Ladder);
m.UpdatePlacement();
m.SetMaxPassengers(6);
m.SetSpeed(9.0f);
m.PushActionWait(ACTION_NEWLIST, 1.4f);

...this will make it so that 4 firefighters spawn instead of 2. If you want them to be paramedics, make "Caller, 3," into "Caller, 1," Do the same for the USAR. You also have to do this in the "LAFireStation" script. search "LADDER" and "USAR" in the script to make sure you do it in all areas.

How do I make station 2 have an ALS Ambulance and A BLS Engine

Adding another ambulance will be harder than just making the BLS ambulance ALS by adding a Paramedic. In the "LAFireStationStart" script, find this...

ActorList l13 = Game::GetActors(VO_AMBULANCE04);
for(int i=0; i < l13.GetNumActors(); i++)
{
GameObjectList gate08a = Game::GetGameObjects(NAME_GATE08A);
for(int i=0; i < gate08a.GetNumObjects(); i++)
GameObject *gate = gate08a.GetObject(i);

Vector Ambulance04 = l13.GetActor(0)->GetPosition();
Vehicle m = Game::CreateVehicle(OBJ_AMBULANCE01, UNNAMED);
m.SetPosition(Ambulance04);
m.SetRotation(gate);
m.UpdatePlacement();
m.SetMaxPassengers(2);
m.SetMaxTransports(1);
m.SetSpeed(12.0f);
m.PushActionWait(ACTION_NEWLIST, 4.5f);
//m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 3, false);
//m.PushActionWait(ACTION_APPEND, 0.5f);
m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 7, false);

.....and change the units called to look like this......

ActorList l13 = Game::GetActors(VO_AMBULANCE04);
for(int i=0; i < l13.GetNumActors(); i++)
{
GameObjectList gate08a = Game::GetGameObjects(NAME_GATE08A);
for(int i=0; i < gate08a.GetNumObjects(); i++)
GameObject *gate = gate08a.GetObject(i);

Vector Ambulance04 = l13.GetActor(0)->GetPosition();
Vehicle m = Game::CreateVehicle(OBJ_AMBULANCE01, UNNAMED);
m.SetPosition(Ambulance04);
m.SetRotation(gate);
m.UpdatePlacement();
m.SetMaxPassengers(2);
m.SetMaxTransports(1);
m.SetSpeed(12.0f);
m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_NEWLIST, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 1, false);
m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 2, false);

....That SHOULD fill the BLS ambulance with a Paramedic and Paramedic stretcher team. Be sure to also do it in the "LAFireStation" script.

Here is an amazing idea, maybe when hoppah is done with the map and the 1000 trucks we all asked him to make, he can make it so when you select freeplay, you can decide which trucks you want in the station, then click start and they are there.

MIKE

CCFES

I'm not sure it's possible. If it was, hell, *I'D* try to make it, just to shut up everyone. lol

first of all, thank you, i use your modification and enjoying it.

second, i would like to know how to staff the ladder with 4 FF and the USAR with 4 USAR FF automaticly when the alarm is raised and every time that i call for those units. i know that their was a post about it but it didn't work for me, probably becuase of the new scripts replacing the HAZMAT with the HES. i'll be very grateful if you could post the scripts like you did or tell me what to change and where.

seansharlos

Hi seansharlos,

These files should do the trick. I haven't had time to test them but everything should be right.

Will give you 4 EMT/FF in Ladder and 4 USAR in USAR.

Just copy to folder same as you did before (instructions in the zip file) and enjoy.

Replace_HAZMAT_with_HES_Complete___for_seansharlos.rar

When you get some time you might want to compare to your own attempt and see if you can find out where you went wrong. Its a good learning experience.

Any questions, just drop me a line and I will help if I can. :)

I'm really interested in doing this, but I have a question. Somewhere near the beginning of this topic, someone said that if the HAZMAT truck was switched with a HES, HAZMAT firefighters still run out when the alarm is sounded... Does this mean that the HES won't be staffed?

Also, when we have to open scripts with Wordpad, how would I be able to do that? (I know... I'm really stupid with this stuff) When I open wordpad and look for the files, they are not there...

Any ideas?

Question #1: You can switch Hazmat with HES. You can edit the script to where you can choose which firefighters you want to run out i.e. 2 ff emt and 1 ff paramedic. Editing the stations is pretty simple if you know what your doing. But one look at them and you will drop your jaw trying to figure it out but once you read through here, you will better understand what it is. If you need help editing, I have several posts on how to make changes and I think ShaneGreen even has a change from Hazmat to HES. I have it in my files somewhere I believe.

Question #2: The scripts should open with notepad. Here's what you need to do: c:\Program Files\Sixteen Tons\Emergency 4\Mods\LA Mod v1.8\Scripts\Game\Command ..... I think I got it all lol. Anyway - if you have 911: First Responders its Wizardworks instead of Sixteen Tons. Now you will see a whole bunch of files there. What you need to do is right click one of them, go to properties and click on the change button you see and find notepad, select it then hit ok. You should now be able to open up the files via Notepad.

Hope this information helps.

Edit: I found his RAR he posted. Pretty basic, I think it includes a readme in it, if not, just paste the files in the LA Mod folder. Make sure you back up your files just in case.

Sorry for pelting you guys with all these questions... But yet again, here is another

I was trying to change the scripts in order to add more firefighters to the ladder and USAR, however when I tried to save, I got this message: "Access to C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.8\Scripts\Game\Command\LAFireStationStart.script was denied"

Anybody have any ideas?

That would be vista's security working against you. Two ways will take you around it:

1).temporarilly copy the file in question to somewhere outside of program files (like to your desktop)

2).If you modify files in these folders frequently the better option would be to change their priveledges.

To do this right click on the LA Mod folder Pick: Properties

Under the Security Tab:

You will see a list of users who are authorized in various ways, select "EDIT"

In the list you want to find users, this would be what your login account is counted as.

Enable Full control by checking the box next to it, press OK and you should now be permitted to alter these files without being blocked anymore.

Hopefully this helps you.

That would be vista's security working against you. Two ways will take you around it:

1).temporarilly copy the file in question to somewhere outside of program files (like to your desktop)

2).If you modify files in these folders frequently the better option would be to change their priveledges.

To do this right click on the LA Mod folder Pick: Properties

Under the Security Tab:

You will see a list of users who are authorized in various ways, select "EDIT"

In the list you want to find users, this would be what your login account is counted as.

Enable Full control by checking the box next to it, press OK and you should now be permitted to alter these files without being blocked anymore.

Hopefully this helps you.

Thanks alot MikeyPI!!

The second way didn't work, i still had the same message, however the first idea works perfectly.

Thanks for the help :bia:

How can i get it so i can have the "ems captain" spawn at the firestation as a "fire captain" so i can staff units with an officer?

Xplorer was helping me with this but he had EM4 Delux and i only have EM4 regular.... all i really need is the scripting for the "fire captain" and i can do the rest......

thanks!

m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, [b]3[/b], false);
m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, [b]3[/b], false);

m.PushActionWait(ACTION_NEWLIST, 4.5f);
//m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, [b]3[/b], false);
//m.PushActionWait(ACTION_APPEND, 0.5f);
m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, [b]7[/b], false);

m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_NEWLIST, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, [b]1[/b], false);
m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, [b]2[/b], false);

could someone please explain the numbers in the code after "caller".

thanks

What need i to do if i want:

Engines just standard + 2 FF's (in both engines)

Ladder just like it is.

USAR i want it to staff the standard + 2 divers.

Ambulances just like they are.

If you want to add more people on the engines, just copy and paste the last personelle code, and put in the number 3 if you want FF/EMTs and 1 if you want FF/PMs

If you want to add divers, i'm not sure if there is a code/number, but you can try experimenting. Just make sure you have back-up files.

And in if you want the vehicle staffing to remain the same, don't change a thing.