MikeyPI

Reskinning Vehicle(s)

I dont get it, i changed it to a v3o, went into editor, unlocked it, renamed it to a .dds file and its still not unlocked?

I'm not sure what the problem is. :gruebel:

When you first change the file name, do you get a warning that pops up saying that it could make the file unstable?

Guest MadRaymond1
I'm not sure what the problem is. :gruebel:

When you first change the file name, do you get a warning that pops up saying that it could make the file unstable?

Yes "doing this could make the file unuseable" or something. Just about ready to give up. :machkaputt:

I honestly dont know then, I ran into this problem with the Large Ambulance, sorry I couldnt help. Someone here may know just be paitent.

I tried it with three diffrent vehicles the usfs engine the hazmat truck and the usar squad thanks for your help tho

Edited by MikeyPI
Merged posts, please don't double post

Instead of using DDS Converter, download and use Paint.NET. It is free and it can open .dds files so you won't need to convert them.

Thanks randomperson I've alreadt tried that after reading some old posts and it comes up with an unknown error message :wall:

You sure you unlocked it?

Hey newfoundking, Pretty sure I did not positive though, I went back into the editor and tried the files again and it comes up with this file is already unpacked, I've tried 2 coverter programs the one from the download center and one other one and also tried opening the files with paint.net and got nothing so far.

NHFD,

I suggest trying the exact same process with another skin that was locked before, jsut to see if you get the same results or if it works... Also, post here, step by step what you did, just incase youmade a little mistake, becuase even I screw up little things like that sometimes, never notice, but it doesn't work because of one tiny step, that's the problem with this stuff, one mistake and it won't work :P

NHFD,

I suggest trying the exact same process with another skin that was locked before, jsut to see if you get the same results or if it works... Also, post here, step by step what you did, just incase youmade a little mistake, becuase even I screw up little things like that sometimes, never notice, but it doesn't work because of one tiny step, that's the problem with this stuff, one mistake and it won't work :P

lol, I hear that ok I'll try that and get back to you. BTW Vista shouldn't have anything to to with it right?

ok no luck with ambulance 01 here's what I did

1 changed the file in LA mod/ Model/vehicles/LA ambulance/ change name from ambulance01.dds to ambulance011.v30

2 went to the editor loaded the la map under mods la 2.0 then under the same menu unpack file model/ vehicles/ LA Ambulance/ abulance011.v30

3 quit the editor when back into my computer files and changed the name back to the original and back to a .dds file

4 went to DDS converter 2.1 and tried to convert the file and I got could not load ambulance01.dds

ok no luck with ambulance 01 here's what I did

1 changed the file in LA mod/ Model/vehicles/LA ambulance/ change name from ambulance01.dds to ambulance011.v30

2 went to the editor loaded the la map under mods la 2.0 then under the same menu unpack file model/ vehicles/ LA Ambulance/ abulance011.v30

3 quit the editor when back into my computer files and changed the name back to the original and back to a .dds file

4 went to DDS converter 2.1 and tried to convert the file and I got could not load ambulance01.dds

Hey there NHFD, I think the extension you are using is wrong, its suppose to be .v3o not .v30. In other words, the zero is suppose to be a o as in the word oh. If you don't understand what I mean, just copy and paste this.. ambulance01.v3o .. when you rename the file.