MikeyPI

Reskinning Vehicle(s)

Sorry everyone, im new to the board, and i have read through this post at least 4 times trying all the steps. All i want to do is change the color of a couple cars to make them into POV's, i finally figured out how to edit the lighting, but really want to change the paint color! Im getting stuck on changing the extension, i rename the file to ......_v30 but it still stays as a DDS file!

Thanks, Tyler

When you have the folder open click tools at the top of the window and click folder options. Then click view and make sure hide known file extensions is not ticked. If it is then uncheck it. You should then be able to change the file type.

Ahh, thank you very much! Worked perfectly. Now on to step two :12:

Guest MadRaymond1

Hey, Whenever i rename cv_umpc to cv_umpc.v3o and go into editor to unpack it editor doesn't show that file, I belive the file is still staying a dds, please help!

-Ray

Guest MadRaymond1
No. In windows explorer there is a menu bar at the top of each window. Open My computer and there is a menu bar at the top. Click Tools on the bar there.

Argh! im on windows 7 - no menu bar. :(

Guest MadRaymond1
Oh. I'm still on Vista. I don't know how you do it in 7.

Actually I think you can press alt to show the menu bar temporarily.

Yes! alt = win, thanks. Now what do i do?

Guest MadRaymond1
OK. On the menu there should see 'tools' click that and then click folder options. When that window appears click view at the top and then look for 'hide extensions for known file types'.

Ok done, sucsesfully renamed to a .v3o file, will contiune with the instructions! THANK YOU!

Guest MadRaymond1
You could just use Paint.NET which can open and edit .dds files.

What program are you going to use to edit the file?

Ok, downloaded Paint.NET and it says there was a unspecified error when opening the file...