MikeyPI

Reskinning Vehicle(s)

do you have any good police pics from there that you could send me?

- Jon

well not really its a small suburb and i couldnt find it on that website u told me and they just redid all their cars anyways so i would have to go out and take pics myself and i dont have a camera why?

i was going to reskin some cars for you. it also looks like a awsome paint job.

are you enjoying the orlando car?

- Jon

well i dont want to use you i would rather do it myself you know but yea i like it im trying to do the bomb squad one but it only has one side of it

it has 2 sides just one you do regular and one you have to do backwards. i think it is the same with the battalion chiefs and ems suv's.

i understand about doing it yourself it is funner. are you gatting the hang of gimp yet?

- Jon

oh yea im kinda getting it but how do you do it by hand like you said

i like using the lapp or lapd cv because its black and you can see where everything is. i always start at the front with the design and just kinda eyeball it to where it looks like it. if i need a pic i use gimp and just copy and paste. if i have to i resize it to where i need it. for the words and letters you just have to pick what colors you need and after you get it you just have to play with the size and font.

hope that helps you. anything else just ask.

- Jon

i like using the lapp or lapd cv because its black and you can see where everything is. i always start at the front with the design and just kinda eyeball it to where it looks like it. if i need a pic i use gimp and just copy and paste. if i have to i resize it to where i need it. for the words and letters you just have to pick what colors you need and after you get it you just have to play with the size and font.

hope that helps you. anything else just ask.

- Jon

yea thanks

Guest [SAP]Francis
how I can change the dds. to v3o? on the windows 7 I can't change the extension because it isn't show

In the Control Panel, there is Folder Options, then find the right thing and uncheck "Hide file extensions when they are recognized" or something like that.

how excatly do you unlock the file?

i have the same problem only with the laap police car

Change the cv_chp.dds file to something like cv_chp1.v3o. Go into the editor and load the LA Mod. Click on the mods menu and click unpack. Find the file you want to unlock and click unpack. It doesn't show a confirmation message. Quit the editor and rename the file back to what it was originally, e.g cv_chp.dds. Then convert it or open it in Pint.NET.